Getting back into it

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2015 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2015 12:56 PM

I just logged in for the first time in over 6 years lol...
I'm a 19 year old college student and I'm about to transfer to Austin. Being a college student means that I'll be biking everywhere. I was really into bmx when I was younger but I lost interest when I was 16 when I moved away from my "riding crew" and was given a car. Anyway I spent last weekend with some friends of mine who go to school in Austin (I'm from Houston) and jesus christ I knew Austin was the bmx capitol but they're literally fucking everywhere. Every street light has at least five $1,000+ custom bikes on it and seeing all this re-sparked my interest.
I have a 2010 WTP Zodiac complete that is pretty rusted out so I'm thinking about starting a new build. I mostly ride street but since I'll be riding in Austin I'll probably be riding some park and dirt too. I really want to stick to either Mutiny or T-1 since they're local. I'm pretty sure there is another Texas native brand but I can't remember the name, I think their logo was a 40oz or something...? Other than that I don't really know what to look for in a frame. I'm 5'10 and about 145lbs. And if any Austin natives know any good spots or parks let me know.
-Thanks

Oh and btw does Sean Burns live in Austin? I was taking the trash out at my friend's apartment and I could have sworn I saw him siting on a balcony on the other side.

|

Houston

11/13/2015 1:25 PM

Yeah, i'm pretty sure Burns lives in Austin.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/13/2015 1:34 PM

[youtube]

[/youtube]
|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton