Getting back into riding

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2020 1:08 AM

Hey so im tryna get back into riding, but ive noticed dans comp has like no more complete bikes or atleast cult bikes, i want a cult devotion but idk where i could find one because they seem to all be sold out, i will also consider a fit bike but more of a cult fan

|

9/26/2020 5:18 AM

I’m an old guy who has been out of the scene for so long that I had never even heard of brands like Cult, or Sunday, or Fit until a couple of weeks ago. I initially went to local shops and was shocked to learn that they had basically no bikes in stock. They said they weren’t able to get anything due to the fact that COVID had screwed up the production of the bikes overseas.

When I started checking online sources, and reading forums, I found that there does seem to be a shortage of bikes in general, and that demand is probably higher than it has been in a long time with so many people looking to ride because of 1) BMX making a bit of a comeback in popularity, and 2) people seeking a bike for excercise due to gyms being closed because of COVID.

When I finally found the bike I wanted to buy, I was cautioned about people not getting their orders from the merchant I purchased from, and when I called the merchant they assured me that the problems were due to people buying in back order status and manufacturers repeatedly pushing back the dates for product availability.

All of this is to say that you may have to do some serious searching to find what you want right now. I was apparently fortunate in that I specifically wanted a Haro bike, and was told by the place where I bought mine that Haro, and GT are about the only companies who are consistently sending them products for sale.

Good luck to you man. I’m sure someone with more specific information related to the Cult brand will chime in here soon.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

9/27/2020 5:51 PM

I have a new Cult Devotion that I'll trade ya straight up the the woman in the photo.

|

9/27/2020 5:55 PM

Check out your local bike shop. If that’s not an option empirebmx.com and albes.com are great.

|

It’s all bmx

9/27/2020 6:56 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Check out your local bike shop. If that’s not an option empirebmx.com and albes.com are great.

i went to some near by, theres one shop that has a cult gateway that im interested in but its a 20.5 and im 5'10, and this other bike shop has 2 fit bikes, 1 thats a 20.5 and 1 thats a 20.75

|

9/27/2020 7:04 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

i went to some near by, theres one shop that has a cult gateway that im interested in but its a 20.5 and im 5'10, and this ...more

I’m 5’11 a 20.5-20.75 is a good size. 21 is a good size too.

|

It’s all bmx

9/27/2020 7:15 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

i went to some near by, theres one shop that has a cult gateway that im interested in but its a 20.5 and im 5'10, and this ...more

20.75 would be right in the right range for you. Ask the local shops if they can order stuff in but it may be a while before the manufacturers actually send stuff out. I think kink just got their new bikes in and sent them to shops and they are a good reputable company worth looking in to

|

9/27/2020 9:13 PM

I ended up with a subrosa from bicycle warehouse,due to everyone being sold out.

|