Getting back on a bike yet again...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2018 9:11 PM

I got a XL (21") Fit Dehart frame off my friend, I wanna build a 2009 ish street setup out of it with the exception of taller bars.

Here's a preview.
Photo

Photo

I'll also be picking up a bike hopefully tomorrow to part out into the setup above
Here's photos of that and a parts list of what I can make out
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Mutiny Animist Frame
Animal 10 Year TL Stem
Animal V series sprocket (not sure which version)
Animal Seat
Odyssey Tires, Aitken P Lyte Front and Path Rear
Odyssey Quadrant Rim (Front) (Possibly rear as well due to the same mounting point for the spokes)
Profile GDH Limited Cranks

The poster said the bike has a freecoaster as well.

I'll send updates of any progress on the build. Till next time!

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

1/10/2018 10:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 10:12 PM

So youre gonna steal the parts off the black bike and built up your blue one? Sounds like a plan! Cant wait to see her all built up!

|

1/10/2018 11:27 PM

That blue is beautiful!

|

1/11/2018 8:42 AM

Some decent parts on that other bike. Good effort.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/11/2018 9:10 AM

Good to see ya back, James!

Love seeing limited edition Profile cranks. They always catch me off guard for some reason. I always wanted the Aqua ones but couldn't figure a good color scheme for Aqua cranks.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/11/2018 9:38 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Good to see ya back, James!

Love seeing limited edition Profile cranks. They always catch me off guard for some reason. I ...more

Thanks man! The Aqua Cartel Frame from verde is my favorite color way to date so this dehart takes the cake along with the cranks

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

1/11/2018 8:32 PM

Yo james, lemme cop that animal stem and sprocket!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/11/2018 11:31 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Sorry man goin on the build

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

1/12/2018 8:17 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

Sorry man goin on the build

Well when you eventually want to sell them hmu

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/7/2018 9:45 PM

UPDATE
I built up the frame the bike came with, if I don't like it I'll just ride my Cult Hawk, also it doesn't have a freecoaster it has a 3/8" 9t G Sport Ratchet Hub

Mutiny Animist Frame
S&M Widemouth 26mm Pitchforks
Animal Headset / Colony Dust Cover
Shadow Odin TL Stem
Mutiny Midroid Bars 8.3 X 29
Primo Slim Pivotal Seat
Animal Wedge Post
Profile Bottom Bracket
Profile GDH LTD Cranks 175mm
Macneil Pedals
Animal v Series 28t Sprocket
Demolition Rig Tires 2.4 F / 2.25 R
Odyssey Quadrant Rims (I have Hazard Lites I can swap with)
FlyBikes Front Hub
G Sport Ratchet 3/8" 9t Cassette Hub

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

2/7/2018 9:48 PM

Cool looking! Love the blue cranks!

|

2/8/2018 6:21 AM

What are the rig tyres like? Haven't seen many riding them, but I like the look of them.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/8/2018 6:28 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

What are the rig tyres like? Haven't seen many riding them, but I like the look of them.

My friend rode a set for literally like 3 years and took them off with like 70% tread left on em and gave em to the homie who's still riding them.

That being said, they're made from a pretty hard, less grippy compound & they roll like absolute shit. But as far as durability goes, I've never seen a tire last anyone that long.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

2/8/2018 6:34 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

My friend rode a set for literally like 3 years and took them off with like 70% tread left on em and gave em to the homie ...more

Fair play man, they definitely don't sound like my bag.

|

2/8/2018 6:41 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

My friend rode a set for literally like 3 years and took them off with like 70% tread left on em and gave em to the homie ...more

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Fair play man, they definitely don't sound like my bag.

Yeah I just couldn't get past how horribly rough they roll.. I mean, you can literally feel every piece of the center tread as it was rolling. You could even HEAR them as he would ride past. Probably really good for dirt, but rather annoying on concrete imo.

They remind me a lot of Animal MTTs.

|