Getting back on the bike after 6 years Easton, pa, new jersey area

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2013 6:24 AM

Hey, I've not been bmxing for over 6 years now. I've recently moved to Easton pa from afar and been thinking about gettin back into it. It's never too late eh..? I've asked a similar question already, but there anyone here that's from the area?? Like someone to ride. Bear in mind I'm 26 though and don't want to look like a dodgy guy Rodin with kids lol so maybe someone abit older also? 18+?ive got a bike from Craigslist, thought I'd buy a 2nd hand one for now to smash up and build one over time. Just need a tube and a chain. Any help etc on gettin back into it would be cool.

|

5/30/2013 6:41 AM

just don't push yourself too hard, my dad did and shattered his shoulder and 3 ribs but he is a bit older (not gonna say tho). But still go for it though

|

Bruh

5/30/2013 6:49 AM

Haha. I'm only 26 bud!! Ha! Thanks though, an yeah, I'm def goin to get back into it.

|

5/30/2013 6:55 AM

sweet, mate of mine started at 22, is now 25 and shreds!!

|

Bruh

5/30/2013 7:02 AM

I started when I was about 14, up til 18ish. Been on and off til 20 then not been on a bike or board since. Hopefully should pick it up relatively quick...... Maybe

|

5/30/2013 7:55 AM

Im 44 and still rippin it up...did the mtb thing for quite a few years...but nothing beats the 20in. Just get in there n go nuts. This thing we call life only comes once...I ride with the "KIDS" lmfao...they have more energy shoveling the trails...lol..your only as old as your mind lets you be...I will admit that crashes at my age hurt ALOT more...peace

|

JUST RIDE...ITS VERY SIMPLE...SHUT YOUR CAKE HOLE AND RIDE.

5/30/2013 8:02 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Love the one legged kid...good for him...adapt and overcome...NICE....He has a great sense of humor too...notice the pedal missing on that side...There is no need for it...lol....props go out to this kid.

|

5/30/2013 8:12 AM

Thanks bud. Yeah I totally agree with you! Def gettin back into it. Ha, I watched that vid of the kid with one leg and thought the exact same thing about his missing pedal!! Fair play to him!

|

5/30/2013 9:18 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

dannyw wrote:

Love the one legged kid...good for him...adapt and overcome...NICE....He has a great sense of humor too...notice the pedal missing on that side...There is no need for it...lol....props go out to this kid.

yea, a true inspiration. Have you seen his edit that he released?

|

Bruh

5/30/2013 8:30 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

dannyw wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

yea, a true inspiration. Have you seen his edit that he released?

no...but ill be sure to check it out...thanks

|

6/2/2014 10:02 AM

Well..... Better make that 7 years now! Ha! My bike lasted about a month.., then I had to get rid to get enough money up for some car that.... Is currently in pieces on the drive! Well, I'm about to go pick up anotger bike. It's a fit bf 2, '12. Anyone ride or rate them?? It's totally standard at tge mo and from what I know, they're a little weak and a little heavy. But I only need it to get a feel for riding again. Also, anyone tide in the Easton pa area? I'm 27 so don't really want to roll with tge 'kids' an' look like a raging pedo!

|

6/2/2014 10:49 AM

I just got back into bmx about a month ago after being busy with life for 9 years. I'm 32 y/o and cannot believe how quickly it all comes back; just got to go for it. Hope you find someone to ride with, good luck.

|

6/2/2014 11:02 AM

That's cool to hear bud. What are you riding? Real simular situation to me by the sounds of things

|

6/2/2014 11:21 AM

Pant-era wrote:

That's cool to hear bud. What are you riding? Real simular situation to me by the sounds of things

I was riding a 21" DK Legacy and just recently built a custom 21.5" S&M BTM which is about 7 lbs lighter and so much better in every aspect.

|