Getting frustrated!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2017 4:19 PM

I'm trying to learn 180's. have been for about two weeks. I can only spin like 90 and every now and then get around a 120. I've been riding for a little over 3 months. How long had you guys been riding before you learned to 180 and do you have any tips to help?

|

4/18/2017 4:34 PM

Try turning your head like your going to bite your ear before hopping and look were you want your tire to land and stare at it until you land.

|

4/18/2017 4:38 PM

A few months of it. Then when I had 180s, 360 were not that much harder to get. Mind you this is FLYOUT. Hops took me longer, but that was in the days of 40 lb bikes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/18/2017 9:35 PM

Keep going at it. It was hard for me to learn them as well.

In about two months, I only had around where you are now. After around four months, I had them both ways. The thing is, I don't have an opposite for 180 spins, so I would mindlessly huck them in whatever way and hope to land it, making it harder for me to get good at one side.

Just keep practicing, you'll get it!

To add to what Bc said, carve into your turn before you hop and spin. Best of luck!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/21/2017 8:03 PM

Try carving into the spin. Turn towards the direction you spin in an arc before you start to hop. Turn your head into it and keep it looking over your shoulder.

Also, what foot do you run forward on tricks? If you are trying to learn 180's and are spinning the wrong way, that might be the issue. Once you get them, learning to spin the opposite direction is pretty easy.

|

4/21/2017 9:44 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

Try carving into the spin. Turn towards the direction you spin in an arc before you start to hop. Turn your head into it and keep it looking over your shoulder.

Also, what foot do you run forward on tricks? If you are trying to learn 180's and are spinning the wrong way, that might be the issue. Once you get them, learning to spin the opposite direction is pretty easy.

I'm left foot forward and spin rotating to the right.

|

4/21/2017 10:07 PM

Can someone pin a 180 how to thread permanently ? Like serious , every other day I see one of these .

I'm not butthurt , but honestly let's just sticky it where new members can see and look themselves

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/21/2017 10:48 PM

Took me about 3 months to learn 180's. Don't give up.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

4/26/2017 1:26 PM

Didnt take me to long to learn a 180, banks helped, its just rolling out of it.

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

4/26/2017 1:34 PM

I also dented my crossbar on my bars because of some car annoyed me for some reason.

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

4/26/2017 9:38 PM

it can take awhile to learn. Learning how to 180 for the first time isn't easy for most people.

Make sure to turn your head and look over your shoulder, that will help with rotation.

|

4/27/2017 7:54 AM

chesterhilly wrote:

Didnt take me to long to learn a 180, banks helped, its just rolling out of it.

Bingo, banks are good practice

|