Getting into BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2013 12:39 AM

I have an old Mirraco Essex with unsealed everything and bearing cups. So i cant upgrade many things. My birthday is on August 27. Should i get a complete and upgrade it for christmas and just trash my mirra? Or just get small upgrades for my mirra on my birthday then for christmas get a fully built bike with everything i want?

|

8/19/2013 2:40 AM

It depends. How much cash money are you expecting to have on your BDay?

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

8/19/2013 4:50 AM

If you get enough cash for the b-day definitely get a new complete

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/19/2013 8:11 AM

my first bike was a mirraco, 2010 mi6. i bought a new frame and forks at the same time (since the mirraco was standard headset) and built off of that. i used to stock parts on the new frame all i could, from the cranks to the wheels. when shit broke or sizes grew uncomfortable i just bought the parts i really wanted. no point in trashing parts. as far as i remember im pretty sure my friend is still riding those stock cranks, theyre strong as hell for some reason. unlike the rest of the bike.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/19/2013 8:18 AM

^this

save the money and replace ish as it breaks. If you're young, you might still be growing & looking at a longer tube tube eventually - which means a nice new frame

|

United0Cult0

8/19/2013 9:53 AM

whocares wrote:

Yeah, I'm 5'1I can get probably 400 from my dad and roughly 200 from grandparents. They're being generous because they know I'm into it

|

8/19/2013 9:54 AM

5'10, sorry

|

8/19/2013 10:40 AM

whocares wrote:

kauaian wrote:

Yeah, I'm 5'1I can get probably 400 from my dad and roughly 200 from grandparents. They're being generous because they know I'm into it

If you're good with saving money then I would go the saving route and ride your current bike into the ground.

You're only about $200 - $400 short from a Fit WiFi complete or Sunday Soundwave special. Another option would be to buy a used custom.

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

8/19/2013 10:51 AM

save up, buy a new bike. Sunday makes awesome completes. shred!

|

fack off

8/19/2013 11:19 AM

Don't waste money on a new complete...... Replace parts as they brake on your mirraco

|

8/19/2013 12:04 PM

whocares wrote:

If you're good with saving money then I would go the saving route and ride your current bike into the ground.

You're only about $200 - $400 short from a Fit WiFi complete or Sunday Soundwave special. Another option would be to buy a used custom.

I keep reading that last sentence as "Another option would be to buy a used condom." Lol.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.