Getting mad

Related:
Create New Tag

4/26/2017 8:03 AM

When u get mad for not landing tricks you u can usually land, what do you do to calm down? Do you throw ur bike? Do you stop and sit down? Wanna hear u guys out...cuz i tend to trash my bike every session i dont ride like i usually do, so i'm curious if i'm the only one, lol

|

4/26/2017 8:54 AM

I just laugh it off, forget it, and do something else. I'm not usually interested in trying the same thing over and over again though, I find it boring. Just find a spot where there's a few different things to do so you don't feel like you have to do something specific, or move onto the next spot.
I usually have a bit of a plan about what I want to do when I ride, I play around with it, then move onto the next thing.

|

4/26/2017 9:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 9:17 AM

I get super analytical and go back to the beginning of the line I was trying. I look at the line, try to think about where I messed up and why. then I do it again. then I compare the 2...what was better, what was worse; what was consistent...I repeat this process until I am too tired, or hurt, to continue. then I try something else. I either then come back to the original thing, or move on. this process drives my step son nuts when we ride cause I will try one trick or line a billion times, usually for hours, to get it consistent. He says it looks boring. I always say "half-ass is boring". I would rather to 3 tricks legit than half-ass 30... I set a goal of usually trying to get it right 10 times in a row.

Years of being a musician and golfer have taught me to be very analytical about how I do stuff. Years of being very poor have taught me not to trash my equipment or the places that I ride. 99.9% of the time it is not the bikes fault for a failure...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/26/2017 10:02 AM

I can't stand people that throw temper tantrums. It's childish and shows that they don't have control over their emotions.

I have learned that some days will be better than others. Sometimes I pull the same trick at will and the next day I can't even come close to landing it.

I simply move on to another trick.

|

4/26/2017 11:08 AM

pnj wrote:

I can't stand people that throw temper tantrums. It's childish and shows that they don't have control over their emotions.

I ...more

Pretty much this, all of it.

Remember, a bad day of riding is better than a good day of work...

|

4/26/2017 1:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2017 1:02 PM

Every Shane Weston edit ever.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/26/2017 9:32 PM

Back when I was skating I threw my board a few times but never enough to actually damage it. These days Im much calmer though, and especially with a BMX Im more inclined to take better care of my shit. If Im getting frustrated Ill just drop my bike and walk away from it, take a few deep breaths and grab my bike and do something else.

|

4/26/2017 9:40 PM

"Fuuuuccccckkkk"
"Why do I fucking suck"
"Fuck this trick"
"For fucks sake"
"I can't fucking _____"

*lands it*

Dude it's easy as fuck

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/27/2017 7:51 AM

I think throwing your bike is stupid but pretty much what brayden said

|

4/27/2017 5:58 PM

For me if I am getting mad at a trick I'll just do something else and come back to it later. Throwing your bike is pretty stupid, my bike is my pride and joy and if anything bad happens to it, it won't be because of me.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

4/27/2017 6:12 PM

I might swear a bit, then take a break or try something else and come back to it.

Usually if I am trying something and get close I get more stoked though. Old age does that for ya.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2017 4:25 AM

Don´t do the same thing over and over again!

I never try a trick more than 5 times. If I landet it, it´s ok. If not i´ll try it later or tomorrow. I think it won´t help to try a trick like 30 times in a row. Often you start do to do the same mistake over and over and after a surtain time you will get uset to do the mistake.

My tip for you: Never do the same shit more than 5 times in a row. It helps to take a break from a curtain trick and try it the next day.

|

4/28/2017 3:32 PM

Can't speak for BMX tricks yet as I've just got a bike a few hours ago but with regards to "learning" anything i find that you should attempt things quite a few times till you get pissed off and if you don't get it then leave it till the next day after a good nights sleep and try again, i've noticed this can help when trying to learn a riff on guitar that i just can't get, i will keep trying till i give up then put guitar down and leave it a day then come back and BINGO! after a few tries you start to get it.

|

4/28/2017 8:31 PM

Don't throw your bike , throw scooter kids instead

|

4/28/2017 10:42 PM

I just cuss when I miss my trick, but maybe once a month might send the bike across the ground

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

4/29/2017 4:27 AM

I never understood getting mad at something that's so much fun, something you love to do. It's not your job, it's bmx. Don't take life so seriously.

|

4/29/2017 4:28 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Lol yes now them I can see throwing, but my bike? Hell no that's my baby

|

4/29/2017 6:19 AM

eskimojay wrote:

yes!!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!