Getting new spokes

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2018 2:41 PM

Hey guys, I know there are multiple threads on this topic already, but I just need some help on measuring the spokes that are currently on my wheel so I can but some new ones. I snapped 3 spokes last week. My question is how do I measure my current spoke size so I can buy new ones? Thanks for the help.

|

1/24/2018 2:51 PM

Personally I would contact whoever you plan on having build the wheel and give them your rim and hub specs. That's pretty much how I've done it.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/24/2018 3:14 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

Hey guys, I know there are multiple threads on this topic already, but I just need some help on measuring the spokes that are ...more

The measurement is from the end of the spoke to the center of the head but measuring from the end to the elbow and adding a millimeter will give you the same thing.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/24/2018 3:16 PM

Also spoke calculators can work great if they have your hub/rim combo.
https://wallerbmx.co.uk/bmx-spoke-calculator

|

Hmmm

1/24/2018 3:38 PM

I have a Sunday storm front hub and this weird rim that is called p-7x. Can someone get me a spoke measurement?

|

1/24/2018 4:08 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

I have a Sunday storm front hub and this weird rim that is called p-7x. Can someone get me a spoke measurement?

Measure the old spokes or measure the dimensions of the hub and rim and put them into a spoke length calculator.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson