Getting the "hard sell" treatment

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2017 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2017 11:25 AM

So, I answered one of those CL marketplace ads about a bike. a "BMX customized bike cult frame and bars.... great condition....". No model, no other specifics. I asked what model and year & all he could tell me was 2014 not sure what model. Says "Not my bike, selling for a friend" He was asking $135, then dropped it "just for you (me)" to 120, then $100. "Do you want it or not otherwise someone else is coming".

LOL. Whatever. My guess is that it's stolen & probably a shit Cult complete (as cult's go).

|

10/16/2017 11:45 AM

cult makes good stuff

|

10/16/2017 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2017 11:55 AM

Yeah good thing you didn't buy that... it's sounds like it's stolen... if the seller can't give you any info about THEIR BIKE a) That's pretty sad if you don't know the parts and b) it's becasue it's probably stolen...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/16/2017 12:05 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah good thing you didn't buy that... it's sounds like it's stolen... if the seller can't give you any info about THEIR BIKE a) That's pretty sad if you don't know the parts and b) it's becasue it's probably stolen...

You'd be surprised how many people are stupid and don't know or care what kind of bike they have. I see it all the time. BMX custome(spelled wrong all the time) 300 bucks. No parts list, no mention of who made it or what model it is. No size. People are stupid and lazy.

|

10/16/2017 12:48 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

cult makes good stuff

Not saying Cult makes junk, just saying "as cult go... it's probably junk (i.e. low end Cult)."

|

10/16/2017 12:52 PM

Sounds moody to me.

I had a weird experience the other day. Some kid wanted to swap his wheels for lhd. His rear wheel was a profile totem laced to g sport. I've been after a totem for a while (only issue was his was 11t). And a friend of mine had 2 pairs of lhd wheelsets. I offered him both, I offered him a straight swap for my wheels, and I offered cash for just his rear wheel. He "cba" because it all sounded like too much effort, I even offered to build him a pair of wheels out of any of those parts in exchange for his hub. I lost interest because of his attitude, and he thought his wheels were better than everything I offered (bearing in mind his 11t driver, and he's the one that wanted lhd)

A couple of days later my "friend" does a straight swap with a lhd primo wheelset, knowing I want the totem, and tries to convince me to pay more than I was willing to. He wanted £100 for just the back wheel, which it's worth. But I'd still have to buy a driver for it. So I said no. He said he's got a 9t driver he'll chuck in if I buy the pair for 150 (it's not a matching wheelset, and I have no need for the front wheel). After a but of persuading I agreed. This was over the course of about 5 hours and we agreed a time to meet up in a couple of days. Then an hour later he sends me a message saying he's sold them to someone else.......

I mean, what's the point?
Sorry for the long post XD

|

10/16/2017 1:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2017 3:30 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Sounds moody to me.

I had a weird experience the other day. Some kid wanted to swap his wheels for lhd. His rear wheel was a profile totem laced to g sport. I've been after a totem for a while (only issue was his was 11t). And a friend of mine had 2 pairs of lhd wheelsets. I offered him both, I offered him a straight swap for my wheels, and I offered cash for just his rear wheel. He "cba" because it all sounded like too much effort, I even offered to build him a pair of wheels out of any of those parts in exchange for his hub. I lost interest because of his attitude, and he thought his wheels were better than everything I offered (bearing in mind his 11t driver, and he's the one that wanted lhd)

A couple of days later my "friend" does a straight swap with a lhd primo wheelset, knowing I want the totem, and tries to convince me to pay more than I was willing to. He wanted £100 for just the back wheel, which it's worth. But I'd still have to buy a driver for it. So I said no. He said he's got a 9t driver he'll chuck in if I buy the pair for 150 (it's not a matching wheelset, and I have no need for the front wheel). After a but of persuading I agreed. This was over the course of about 5 hours and we agreed a time to meet up in a couple of days. Then an hour later he sends me a message saying he's sold them to someone else.......

People suck hard man.

I scored a set of Profile Mini SS hubs (matching Aqua) laced up for 100 bucks a few years back. Sold em to a homie. Regretted reasonably fast. I tried to get in touch with him to swap wheels etc for everything but he never responded.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2017 5:54 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Not saying Cult makes junk, just saying "as cult go... it's probably junk (i.e. low end Cult)."

Well i mean most low end cult is pretty much the same as low end fit, wtp, ect. Does that mean all those brands are junk?

|

10/16/2017 5:56 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

cult makes good stuff

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Coopers25 wrote:

Well i mean most low end cult is pretty much the same as low end fit, wtp, ect. Does that mean all those brands are junk?

Low end stuff compared to their aftermarket, yes.

Compared to Walmart stuff, no.

It all depends on your frame of reference.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2017 6:00 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Sounds moody to me.

Thats bullshit and thats not something a friend would do imo...

|