"Ghetto Rigging"

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2013 9:26 AM

Do you guys ghetto rig stuff on your bike? The front of my bike is ghetto rigged to the point of embarrassment. I have duct tape in my front hub to stop it from wobbling. When Amber manufactured my front wheel, something went wrong in the factory and the baring doesn't fit perfectly inside the the hub, therefor there is a bit of a wobble. But there's nothing duct tape can't fix right? I also have cigarette butts between my forks and my front axle (I believe that's what it is) because I am running an Animal MTT and if I have it slammed it rubs against the top of my forks, so a friend of mine found cigarette butts and put them in there. I try not the ghetto rig stuff as much, but it's better than buying new parts! Do you guys ghetto rig stuff on your bikes or have you in the past?

By the way, I figured I would be asked, I do not smoke!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/7/2013 9:36 AM

yeah if i cant afford something ill rig it up. i blew my heaset last year and attempted to melt bic pens to make a headset bushing. it lasted like a week the first time and then 2 days the next. not bad... i only had to wait 2 days after for a new headse

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/7/2013 10:00 AM

When I stripped my seat clamp, I put a bit of paper in my seattube to stop the post from moving.
I tried fixing a split valve with duct tape once.

|

8/7/2013 10:03 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

When I stripped my seat clamp, I put a bit of paper in my seattube to stop the post from moving.

Whatever works right? Lol

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/7/2013 10:22 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I hate ripping valves! It's only cause of my gay bike pump that needs to be pulled like so much when taking it off. There's no way to fix split or ripped valves though..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/7/2013 11:09 AM

im wary of using duct tape on my bike as i absolutely despise the residue it leaves behind...i use electrical tape on anything and everything tho.
I duct tape my shoes like every week. hah

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/7/2013 11:19 AM

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

lol i also duct tape the bottom of one of my shoes or i did till i ran out of duct tape and it came off other then that i duct taped a glf and put a patch where a monster hole was i just need another 100+ psi tire then i'm going to take it for a test spin

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

If I have slashes in my tires I just put a playing card in the inside and its as good as new

|

ive used shoelaces to hold my seat post tight, tape to hold brake cables, gorilla glue to fix tubes, coat hanger as a straddle cable

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/7/2013 1:22 PM

i haven't bought new grips in about a year since i always find a way to fix em. i wrapped my grips in duct tape when they got holes in em, and i use em for several months. eventually, there was too much residue so i found some old grips and used those. they got holes in em fast, so i just snipped some part off another grip and stuck it under the hole and patched it up. still running those

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/7/2013 2:13 PM

Grip flange nondriveside hub guards

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/7/2013 2:21 PM

future FBM wrote:

i have heard of that. it actually doesnt sound so bad

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/7/2013 2:29 PM

Fuck ghetto rigging shit, if something breaks I just buy a new one. The benefit of having a well paying job.

|

fack off

8/7/2013 2:34 PM

future FBM wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

i have heard of that. it actually doesnt sound so bad

i run a grip flange hub guard. works really well if youre not a heavy grinder

|

8/7/2013 2:35 PM

before i ran a grip flange hub guard i just wrapped my hub and spokes with duct tape

|

8/7/2013 2:36 PM

tomdon wrote:

ive used shoelaces to hold my seat post tight, tape to hold brake cables, gorilla glue to fix tubes, coat hanger as a straddle cable

ok wait how did you use a shelace to keep your seat clamp tight? and how do you use a coat hangerfor a straddle cable?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/7/2013 3:22 PM

Like i said, i got an A+ in Ghettonometry! Thats how i fix your bike lolololol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/7/2013 5:13 PM

I have an axle in my freecoaster that is about a MM too small so I used mountain dew can to fill the space, with a little clear tape on it to hold it on the axle if I pull it apart.

I would not call it ghetto rigged though. NO ONE makes a bearing that would fit correctly. It's ridiculous.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/7/2013 6:40 PM

rubber bands hold my brake line t my bike, that's it so far, but as things go I do

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/7/2013 6:43 PM

on my MTB my rear derailleur cable and brake cable are held on to my frame by scotch tape

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/7/2013 7:55 PM

tomdon wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

ok wait how did you use a shelace to keep your seat clamp tight? and how do you use a coat hangerfor a straddle cable?

wrap the coat hanger around the cable hanger and run it to the brake arms. then bend it to hold the brake arms in place. smooth consistent pull on both sides. works quite well. people do it with spokes as well

i just folded a shoe lace and stuck it in the seat tube. then forced in the seat post. works best slammed

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/7/2013 8:11 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I just fucking stripped the bolt on my clamp today and I cant tighten it. Guess who's gonna put paper in their seattube?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/7/2013 8:40 PM

Nothing i try to keep everything pro looking,

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/7/2013 11:01 PM

iVerderider wrote:

Nothing i try to keep everything pro looking,

BMX is just a bit of fun, not a fashion show.

|

8/8/2013 11:03 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have an axle in my freecoaster that is about a MM too small so I used mountain dew can to fill the space, with a little clear tape on it to hold it on the axle if I pull it apart.

I would not call it ghetto rigged though. NO ONE makes a bearing that would fit correctly. It's ridiculous.

what axle? what coaster? what bearing?

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/8/2013 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2013 5:28 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

what axle? what coaster? what bearing?

KHE geisha, BUT I got a reverse axle as the alloy female axle SUUUUCKS, and the bearing I have is not the "special" KHE one. I got it from a bearing shop. Took the old one in that was toast, they had no record of that size existing, meaning it is proprietary, and I wasn't about to spend 15 bucks (average cost)+ shipping on a bearing to wait a week + to get it.

I guess I shouldn't say NO ONE makes it, KHE does, and it is overpriced. The bearing I got was literally 5 bucks.

I do have a 10t driver from an Odyssey Reloader and clutch that fit in there too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura