Give me advice please

Related:
Create New Tag

12/23/2013 8:19 AM

Does anybody here has experience with the KHE Astern or the KHE Reverse Freecoasters ?
Always wanted to try one and i could get one of these laced to a Odyssey Hazard lite for only 120€ (160Dollars).
Would it be a good deal and more important is the hub itself good. I don't want to take it apart every month, that would be too annoying.. So can somebody help me?

|

Instagram: @bjoernkrg

12/23/2013 9:07 AM

all freecoasters i know of are best greased bi monthly to last the longest, and run smoothly
i reccomend the reverse, but it needs to be the v2 acb, the angular contact bearing helps durability, and the v2 has the externally adjustable axle

source; i own the v2 acb
i have never had to replace anything, i grease weekly
its for sale/trade if you are interested

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/23/2013 11:03 AM

Try riding chainless for a bit, it will get you a small idea of what a coaster is like.

Or if you have a buddy who has one, see if you can run it for a week and see if you like it before you toss 160 bucks at something to test it out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/23/2013 11:31 AM

I have had NOTHING but problems with KHE Freecoasters, don't like them personally! However shit loads of people do really well with them. When I was riding every day, about all I did was grinds, I beat them up pretty bad. Bearings died A LOT, I'm running an EZRA Hub on My Streetland Bike. It has yet to see a grind. Freecoasters can be temperamental if they aren't treated right! Especially KHE Freecoasters! However I'd still say go for it. At that price You're basically paying for just the Hub & it's laced to a decent Rim too! Go for it mate, they do hold there value too!

|

12/23/2013 1:27 PM

i have a khe astern for 1 year and had no problems never opened it or regreased defo a good deal

|

12/23/2013 1:57 PM

thanks guys! Defo gonna try to ride chainless tomorrow and if i could get used to it i will get it, since i'm literally get spokes and a rim for nothing smile You're the best wink

|

Instagram: @bjoernkrg