Glasses

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2011 10:47 AM

well i got glass last week. yesterday i accidently rode with them. it was crazy because i waswell far off from my house when i realized. did anyone here ever get glasses and have it be difficult to ride with them?? an by difficult i mean vision wise and depth preception, not them staing on. any funny stories??

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/27/2011 10:50 AM

I found some £245 ($405) ray-bans in a second hand car we just got, lol.

|

4/27/2011 10:57 AM

contacts.

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

4/27/2011 10:59 AM

Booshy wrote:

ah my dad has 4 pair sof ray bans. so good. i want a pair

|

4/27/2011 10:59 AM

catfish95 wrote:

contacts.

this, i hate glasses with a passion

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

4/27/2011 11:04 AM

I would wear contacts, props to you for managing to cope with glasses

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

4/27/2011 11:33 AM

Glasses are easy to ride with. How would they work against you if they improve your vision. My eyes are just fine to ride and drive without mine, but I need them to see in classes.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

4/27/2011 11:40 AM

you just got them though. give them awhile...

|

Waaaaa!!! Soo rucky!!!!

Repping the ratchet

Ninjas are born from strict asian parents because we have to do things sneaky - Kingshawty12

"fuckin dumb. damn stupid ass fuckin" - plasticisnotanoption

4/27/2011 11:41 AM

imperial bmx mae a signiture bmx glasses

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

4/27/2011 11:54 AM

Warchol2 wrote:

This all the way. only time i wear my glasses is at night so i don't sleep in my contacts by accident.

|

4/27/2011 1:02 PM

i wear contacts i rode without contacts or glasses once i coulnt see shit lol i crashed into a curb.

|

4/27/2011 2:43 PM

my glasses always fall of when i ride! i need contacts!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/27/2011 2:46 PM

Booshy wrote:

aha mine where on sale but with the type lense it came up 2 300$ CAN

|

4/27/2011 2:48 PM

Booshy wrote:

NewSkoolRider wrote:

the ones I found are like gold, and they look like something al pacino would wear.. hand made in italy too. I dunno whether to sell them, or to wear them like a boss lmao

|

4/27/2011 2:48 PM

catfish95 wrote:

contacts.

Warchol2 wrote:

fucking hate contacts

|

4/27/2011 2:49 PM

Booshy wrote:

NewSkoolRider wrote:

Booshy wrote:

the ones I found are like gold, and they look like something al pacino would wear.. hand made in italy too. I dunno whether to sell them, or to wear them like a boss lmao

sic...im getting ray ban aviators later in the year

|

4/28/2011 7:10 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

i feel it.

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/28/2011 7:35 PM

hah i just got glasses too. did the exact same thing a couple times. everything around me looks so crisp. but the block my pariferals or what evr. and depth perception is shorter. everythings zoomed in its like a movie. i dont ride with nymore tho

|

RIP Randy Taylor

Check out my edits @ youtube

Refs: getemslough, ktm-kx339, Redcrayon, kneegrow, KTM339, eod1214, tylerkng96, diamondgang760, tibug, White Knight, Dolphin, 562_Rider, joe loves shadow, Michael_Melendez, Sessionpro, aguers, Stolen Boy, ecuadevil, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Vam999

4/28/2011 9:05 PM

ajp62696 wrote:

hah i just got glasses too. did the exact same thing a couple times. everything around me looks so crisp. but the block my pariferals or what evr. and depth perception is shorter. everythings zoomed in its like a movie. i dont ride with nymore tho

ya me either cuz two days ago i 180'd andthey fell of and i turned out on em. FML

|

4/29/2011 4:14 AM

it sounds like your eyes are still adjusting to the prescription. I ride with glasses too, and i remember when i upgraded my prescription last year, i had a lot of trouble with depth perception and knowing exactly where i was and when my bike was going to hit the ground. Give it a few weeks and your eyes should adjust just fine. As for glasses falling off, try bending the frame a slight bit so there is more friction around your temple and ears.

I'm scheduled for laser eye surgery this fall, hopefully that will be the end of glasses for me.

Cheers!

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

4/29/2011 6:41 AM

dudes who ride in glasses are straight up badasses

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

4/29/2011 7:30 AM

Booshy wrote:

NewSkoolRider wrote:

Booshy wrote:

were them like a boss, do the mafia proud.

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

4/29/2011 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2011 9:08 AM

I had to ride with glasses growing up. Depth perception was a bitch to get used to. I also had astigmatisim which made it even worse. But you get used to it.

A few things you can do to make them fit better. Get a bungee neck strap. The ones that are like rubber tubes & attach to the ends of the arms(not the ones that slide up & hag down around your neck). You can shorten them up to where they fit like swimming goggles. Also crimp in the arm closer to your head. Get nose pads. They vary greatly in size, shape & stiffness. You can get the gummy pads. They are almost like gel & have pretty good grip on the bridge of your nose.

|

4/29/2011 10:39 AM

i used to wear a bandanna around my head and that held them on. but now i have contacts, which are the best thing since sliced bread.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

4/29/2011 10:43 AM

haha these are funny stories lol no bungee straps for me lol

|

4/29/2011 12:59 PM

ajp62696 wrote:

future FBM wrote:

ya me either cuz two days ago i 180'd andthey fell of and i turned out on em. FML

yah well i threed and they flew off into the street, since i couldnt see i crawled into the street to find them as i was crawling my lighter fell out of my pocket then i made an 18 wheeler that carried gas swerve around me then tip over and spill gasoline over the road. thennnnn my entire family was in a van and drove over the lighter and i witnessed the whole city blow up in front of me. i was the only one that didnt die. do you know how it feels to live with that on ur shoulders?

|

RIP Randy Taylor

Check out my edits @ youtube

Refs: getemslough, ktm-kx339, Redcrayon, kneegrow, KTM339, eod1214, tylerkng96, diamondgang760, tibug, White Knight, Dolphin, 562_Rider, joe loves shadow, Michael_Melendez, Sessionpro, aguers, Stolen Boy, ecuadevil, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Vam999

4/29/2011 1:08 PM

Booshy wrote:

NewSkoolRider wrote:

Booshy wrote:

like a booss bro rock em

|

4/29/2011 1:09 PM

brentrides wrote:

dudes who ride in glasses are straight up badasses

thansk bro

|

4/29/2011 1:11 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

future FBM wrote:

i feel it.

how so dont fit ur head? mine dont fall of and i play rugby

|

4/29/2011 1:16 PM

Dannykobra wrote:

it sounds like your eyes are still adjusting to the prescription. I ride with glasses too, and i remember when i upgraded my prescription last year, i had a lot of trouble with depth perception and knowing exactly where i was and when my bike was going to hit the ground. Give it a few weeks and your eyes should adjust just fine. As for glasses falling off, try bending the frame a slight bit so there is more friction around your temple and ears.

I'm scheduled for laser eye surgery this fall, hopefully that will be the end of glasses for me.

Cheers!

ive been through so many of these u dont even know.....all cause of one accident other wise i woulde had perfect vision aparantly

|