Go buy your chrome S&M parts NOW!!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2018 11:40 AM

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/29/2018 11:43 AM

you can thank obama for this. (no really)

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/29/2018 12:11 PM

oh man! I don’t like chrome on my own bikes, but i do like seeing it on other builds. Tragedy

|

9/29/2018 12:43 PM

Also, buy any imported parts you want now before prices increase. So much winning.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/29/2018 2:12 PM

If you little bitches start getting all political I'm dropping this fucking forum. I get enough of that bullshit in real life. I don't need to hear your (Or anyone else's) opinions on politics.

|

9/29/2018 2:24 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

If you little bitches start getting all political I'm dropping this fucking forum. I get enough of that bullshit in real life. I don't need to hear your (Or anyone else's) opinions on politics.

Exactly. I believe in what i believe and if you agree with me, cool! If not, also cool!

But this is a BMX fourm and not a political fourm..

|

9/29/2018 2:35 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I'm sorry. Deleted.

|

9/29/2018 2:39 PM

I mean chrome is a pretty nasty substance so it isnt overly surprising.

|

9/29/2018 2:56 PM

93EXCivic wrote:

I mean chrome is a pretty nasty substance so it isnt overly surprising.

Yeah this too for sure....

|

9/29/2018 2:56 PM

Modern chrome is pretty shit compared to mid school chrome. All the good chemicals have been banned.

|

9/29/2018 3:01 PM

JPC wrote:

Modern chrome is pretty shit compared to mid school chrome. All the good chemicals have been banned.

Yeah, and you can't even source NOS rims 'cause they'll be 48h.

|

9/29/2018 3:23 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

But politics is affecting BMX. It's relevant to the discussion. Everything is going to cost more thanks your very stable genius President and his winning decisions. Not an opinion, it's a fact.

|

9/29/2018 3:53 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

But politics is affecting BMX. It's relevant to the discussion. Everything is going to cost more thanks your very stable genius President and his winning decisions. Not an opinion, it's a fact.

Buy profile and FBM/S&M/Standard stuff. BMX is one of the only areas where you can have almost all American made components.

|

9/29/2018 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2018 4:25 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Yes politics is affecting BMX sure, but that doesnt mean we have to talk about by dissing people, it's childish. Trump has has a plan and he knows what he's doing. And that's all I'm going to say. I respect people's opinons and obviously we all have different political views. And each of us has their own view of it. So I dont want people to hate me for my opinoin as I'm not hating anyone else. Nor have i disliked any comments on this thread becasue of their opinion. I'm just expressing what I think. I guarantee you the price of these chrome parts will go down soon because like i said, Trump has a plan, and jobs will be brung back to America, i know it!

So i have no hate twords y'all who have a different opinion than me, so just dont hate me, we are ALL BMX brothers!!

Please forgive me Mishinn, please don't leave!!!

|

9/29/2018 4:26 PM

I like trump , I hope he gets a second term

|

9/29/2018 4:43 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I like trump , I hope he gets a second term

I guarantee if he gets a second term, the whole world will be better

|

9/29/2018 6:23 PM

Do we need to keep discussing politics?
|

9/29/2018 6:51 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

JPC wrote:

Buy profile and FBM/S&M/Standard stuff. BMX is one of the only areas where you can have almost all American made components.

They likley use Canadian steel - so expect a price increase there too...

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

9/29/2018 6:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2018 7:02 PM

JPC wrote:

You know maybe your onto something there! I just saw a pair of new re-issued Peregrine 48's and the "chrome" rims were definently not as legit chrome as my mid school peregrine 48's. I was thinking to myself, hmmm why are my ancient chrome rims sooo much shinier than these new ones...

I also heard rumor the import taxes are going to be upped 25%. Damn'it man. This will likely be the excuse the bike mfg'ers have been looking for to raise the price of their USA made frames. If any of us think the import tax won't push the price up of American bmx companies building frames with american steel your a fool. They are probably excited about it.

|

9/29/2018 7:53 PM

Years ago it cost me 857 for a custom chrome ltf frame , it’s pricey stuff

|

9/29/2018 8:09 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

you can thank obama for this. (no really)

Obama is gone *crab meme*

|

9/29/2018 10:44 PM

Ok like i dont understand all the politics. Its an ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE. Whether it be the “Give Up Your Economic Freedom, In Exchange for Personal Freedom Party” or the “Give Up Your Personal Freedom, In Exchange for Economic Freedom Party” in office, shit wouldve still happened. American chrome is now more expensive. Whatevs. That only made it even more pimp n shows more dedication to the cause imo

|

9/29/2018 10:48 PM

Makes me want to only buy frames that have a lifetime warranty...oh wait

In all seriousness, I am a bit concerned but hopefully things will balance out in time.

Also I might consider keeping my street sweeper when i get it back tomorrow.

|

9/29/2018 11:43 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Our dollar gets stronger, crap cost more money for yah blame your own crap for it.

|

9/29/2018 11:50 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Ok like i dont understand all the politics. Its an ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE. Whether it be the “Give Up Your Economic Freedom, In Exchange for Personal Freedom Party” or the “Give Up Your Personal Freedom, In Exchange for Economic Freedom Party” in office, shit wouldve still happened. American chrome is now more expensive. Whatevs. That only made it even more pimp n shows more dedication to the cause imo

decorative chrome is not popular these days. The demand is not really there in the car and motorcycle industry, demand is low.
With the way, demand is these days and the ridiculous crap that goes into plating. I am surprised plated parts are as low as they are price wise.

|

9/30/2018 2:28 AM

Highly doubt the economy will get better in the next 20 years . There will never be a price reduction on BMX parts or pricing due to heated and conflicted trade agreements and financial issues between nations . I can put a solid amount of trust that our Canadian dollar will never hit over 85 cents US for more than a week in the next 15 years

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/30/2018 5:32 AM

Oldguyjon wrote:

They likley use Canadian steel - so expect a price increase there too...

True Temper Supertherm is made right here in the good old US of A. Pretty sure they source everything here in America.

|

9/30/2018 6:35 AM

JPC wrote:

This so much. And not just with chrome, it's with most finishes nowadays. Paints, lacquers etc.

|

9/30/2018 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2018 9:58 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

I'm with you. This clearly isn't a political issue unless you trace it back to people in congress wanting to preserve the planet. Fuck them, right? WE NEED SHINY BIKES FOR CHEAP!

I dated a girl in high school who had all sorts of crazy skin and lung issues. While I was dating her she was diagnosed with some weird neurological disorder that could only be explained by the fact that her father owned and operated an electronics plating company in Queens. She spent A LOT of time in the office there, surrounded by plating chemicals, freshly plated products, etc and I guess it was before safety regulations were put in place but the damage was done. The chemicals and processes used to plate metal parts are noxious and not good for anyone.

I know plenty about politics, more than I'd care to. I care more than I should. But no matter who is in office, or how loose the sphincter they call a mouth is, prices for everything are going to keep going up, and all the things that make us able to strip bikes easily or plate them with crazy colors and finishes are going to eventually be neutered the point of uselessness.

Try painting cars in California these days. 30 years ago you could just paint the damn car. Now you have to use water based paints that are:

A. More expensive
B. Less stable in high moisture content environments
C. Overall less convenient to work with.

It is what it is. Hopefully if you're lucky enough you have a job that will compensate commensurate with inflation.Life sucks, etc. Ride your bike.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/30/2018 10:00 AM

Humanity is a scummy virus put on earth to destroy it I think , joe rogan was right we are the mold on the sandwich , all these left wing hippies and they’re health and safety bullshit are just prolonging the inevitable , I’m all for clubbing seals and fucking up the planet

|