Going back from topload stem..

Related:
Create New Tag

12/12/2013 8:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2013 8:08 PM

Yeah, title says it all. If you were on yesterday, I asked how to paint a stem properly and all. I'm almost done painting it tonight and I'll let it cure overnight, then assemble tomorrow afternoon for evening sesh. I wanna know how many of you guys went back to a FL from riding a TL? I rode a TL for almost a whole year and I'm used to it, but sometimes, my 20mm of spacers and 36mm rise and 52mm reach might be too much. Not to mention at one point in the summer, I rode the Fit Mac Bars with 8.75" rise, 11 backsweep, and 4 upsweep. Crazy.. Selling those real soon since I have no real use for them. And then again.. I might just try this and go back to my TL..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/12/2013 8:09 PM

I did, I switched from a cult salvation to my redneck when I got my bennys because it was too much rise feels perfect

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/12/2013 8:42 PM

i have fit macs those bars are legit bougnt them with the money i got for getting second place in the albes one minute 360 challenge but since i got a new frame and have some 9rise 4 piece bars coming and the way my new frame is i just might go back to a front load stem

gonna be looking for a solid og or lite stem in either black or purple

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/12/2013 8:46 PM

Running a 8mm dust cap, 20mm of spacers, 7.5mm rise frontload, and 8.75" bars now.

Next build will be 5mm dust cap, no spacers, 25mm rise topload, and 8.66" rise bars. Just a bit shorter but a stronger overall setup because the steerer tube will be shorter and the bars are a bit shorter.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/12/2013 9:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2013 9:18 PM

I can't stand top loads, never owned one. I can't even adjust right from 8.25 to 8.5.. I like my shit low, pulling up just feels right. I used to have my stem slammed on 7.75 bars back int he day, I guess I'm slowly moving back to that now.. but I hate stacking the spacers above the stem. do what you must. To each their own right?

Ordering an Odyssey Tomahawk soon, shits 50 bucks right now. anyone have experience with those?

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/12/2013 9:20 PM

BMXism wrote:

I can't stand top loads, never owned one. I can't even adjust right from 8.25 to 8.5.. I like my shit low, pulling up just feels right. I used to have my stem slammed on 7.75 bars back int he day, I guess I'm slowly moving back to that now.. but I hate stacking the spacers above the stem. do what you must. To each their own right?

Ordering an Odyssey Tomahawk soon, shits 50 bucks right now. anyone have experience with those?

Get a Sunday freeze fl. Way more worth it and way better

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/12/2013 9:20 PM

BMXism wrote:

hack saw wink

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/12/2013 10:39 PM

I can't wait to cut my steering tube.. When I got my bike it had 15mm of spacers a top load and 8.75 bars it felt so high so I got a front load feels better and now I'm taking off all the spacers and just leaving it with the 5mm dust cap

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/12/2013 10:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2013 10:45 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

hack saw wink

I work at an auto body shop, we've got power tools galore. I just don't wanna wreck my current fork, it's a temporary one off a stock GT.. kinda wanna keep it OG. I'll def be cutting some off a future odsy R25.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/13/2013 1:24 AM

Yeah.. I think a FL looks way worse in terms of bike fashion compared to a TL, but if it makes me ride better and more comfortably, I'm totally down. Plus, I put effort into painting my stem good. Another coat or two of matte clearcoat tomorrow morning and I'm on my way to riding a FL stem once again.. With 4 pegs and a frontload stem, I'm so street! I want a fat seat again soon..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke