Going somewhere

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2012 1:44 PM

The other day i was riding a park in pa, and i just started thinking about how much i love to ride. I know that i'm nowhere near good, i mean i cant even barspin yet but whatever. I just started thinking that i want biking to make me somewhere, im not shooting to be the next chad kerley or whoever you wanna put there, I just want it to take me somewhere, It already has a big impact on my life, I want to get really serious now, i wanna push myself to the furthest extent of my ability as a bmx rider. I never really had the mindset that i'd be able to make it happen, but something just clicked, im 16 years old, and have something that i love. Does anyone have any tips, or a story of where bmx has taken you? something that you learned, or have taken away from riding?

|

5/13/2012 1:48 PM

start finding local contest and do some and try and win

|

AMBER for life

5/13/2012 2:01 PM

Meeting pros, winning competitions or throwing some sick banger, youtube edits, etc. Those can all help. Youtube being the easiest and least effective. By meeting pros I mean as in a hey wanna ride meet, not like a hi autograph nao!!

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/13/2012 2:05 PM

Just have fun, ride with alot of different people and keep progressing. It's possible you could develop some connections and start getting hooked up which could eventually turn into something.

|

5/13/2012 2:07 PM

Thanks guys, i just want to see what i can get out of it if i keep going hard

|

5/13/2012 2:24 PM

Verde sent me a beanie, note, and stickers because I helped people on their Facebook page all the time, haha.

|

5/13/2012 3:33 PM

Progress without hesitation. When you can't land a trick just take time on it, it will come around just don't throw your bike. Get your friends into the scene, Invest in a camera and film edits and gain your camera confidence. Try to ride with better people so you can get more motivation.

Last but not least, stay true and have fun..you'll get there someday.

|

5/13/2012 3:55 PM

bet tip, get off Vital and ride your bike.
Really though, think about how much time you waste, and how much more time you could be riding.

|

I know this is a chain tool, but what am i gunna do wit' it?

5/13/2012 4:11 PM

Your young, if you set your mind to it and commiit yourself you can go as far as you want too. Its just about dedication.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

5/13/2012 4:34 PM

And if you are 100% committed to maikinf fun of kids on vital, you you are not 100% committed to riding bikes

|

I know this is a chain tool, but what am i gunna do wit' it?

5/13/2012 10:45 PM

I'm sorta in the same position as you. I'm 17, a senior is high school and I have a month before I'm done with school. A couple months ago I realized that the rest of my life would be going to college, getting a degree, and then working for the rest of my life until I retire and eventually die. Now that sounds fucking pathetic and would be the last thing I want to do. My mom always ask me what I want to major in college. I say "I don't know.", she asks "Well what do you like to do?"..."I don't know...". The reason being is that there is absolutely nothing else I would rather be spending my time doing, than riding my bike. The obvious problem is that I am NO WHERE near the level of riding one must achieve in order to acquire any sort of money by riding my bike. In conclusion...essentially I wish I could restart the last 5 years, with the motivation I now have and have all that time to progress my riding. And I don't mean this in the kind of like 'Oh, I want to be better than everybody cause that makes me cool.' It's more like, 'The only thing I want to do for the rest of my life is ride my bike, and I need to find a way for it to provide food, shelter and clothing.'

Basically my life story in a nutshell hahhaaha. But above all..."Do what you love and the money will follow."

|

5/13/2012 10:54 PM

I feel the same as you^ but with less motivation.

|

5/13/2012 10:57 PM

i totally feel d thompson on this one. im graduating highschool in a couple weeks and unsure of a major in college. when you get to a point where you are going to college and thinking of a major, you really start to think about your future. i was thinking about going into elementary education because elementary schools look for male teachers, meaning that it would be easy for me to pick up a job out of college. when i thought about what my life would be like as a teacher, i didnt really like it. as a teen, i have never really had any other interests besides riding my bike and when i think of my future, i can only see riding being involved. im thinking about majoring in business now and possibly starting up my own bike shop. i am worried about the status of bike shops now (with mail-order shops being so popular), but am thinking of a way that my shop could be unique. as long as you have passion for whatever you want to do, you can do just about anything. good luck with everything, man!

|

refs: irideafly, mattjmuldoon (x2), JakeSalbert, aw1234512, lirider187, ecuadevil

bike check
bike check v2
bike check v3
bike check v4
bike check v5

5/13/2012 10:58 PM

Dylan knows wussup ^^^

I feel the same way..

|

5/13/2012 11:30 PM

i was thinking about this around a month ago and it motivated me to get better. learned tailwhips in 4 weeks. i'm only 16 so i have like 6 years left until i have to go on to the real world, but i have accepted that i'm not going to be the next chad kerley. i just ride for fun now and dont care.

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

5/13/2012 11:36 PM

i love biking but im not trying to go pro or anything, im taking welding in the fall to start welding frames and i just got a job at the local bike shop, even though they dont really sell bmx I enjoy it.

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

5/13/2012 11:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2012 11:44 PM

thecomeup151 wrote:

i totally feel d thompson on this one. im graduating highschool in a couple weeks and unsure of a major in college. when you ...more

im kind of in the same situation as you but i've already been out of high school for 2 years. I went to college for like 3 semesters then i didn't go back this past semester. I had no direction in what i wanted to do so i figured it was useless for me to go. I feel like i'd be really happy if i could run a successful bike or skate shop for the rest of my life but the same thoughts are running through my head as you. I'm just afraid of having a failing shop and going into debt at 20 years old, and it would probably be hard for me to get business loans since i basically have no credit. I'll probably just go back the beginning of next year, get some business degree and see where that goes. All you dudes in high school, enjoy having no worries while you can

|

5/19/2012 3:39 PM

Fad3r wrote:

im kind of in the same situation as you but i've already been out of high school for 2 years. I went to college for like 3 ...more

We're pretty much on the same boat. I graduated two years ago and went straight into the Art Institute without knowing anything about that school. Later found out they were unaccredited and they pretty much got me fucked. I'm 19 and dropped out or college last year in August and now I'm $15,000 in debt. I'm working at Active Ride Shop and hopefully it'll get me somewhere with the skate industry. I am going back to school to get my stuff straight.

Same thing as Fad3r said, enjoy high school and keep in touch with the people you meet.

|

Refs: bstick, Dirtjumper202, Dolphin, BEASTASSDICKwink, aw1234512, RiverSideRider, bryan d, RideBmxWithSWAG, lirider187