Going to build a 24"/ Cruiser

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2010 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:41 AM

Just rode my friends fully chromed out S&M .38 Special soooo nice

It's all chrome with ti seat, ti spindle, driver etc.

profile hubs and s&m everything

So....I'm going to build one, mostly for park/dirt

Any ideas? Don't really want the sunday one, but i could get it powdercoated for $30 so maybeee

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/1/2010 8:43 PM

What were you thinking if not the sunday?

|

crystal meth

2/1/2010 8:44 PM

Harry95 wrote:

No clue what else is out there. How you like yours? I may just get one and have it powdercoated.

|

2/1/2010 8:48 PM

Ns bike co

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/1/2010 8:48 PM

Harry95 wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

No clue what else is out there. How you like yours? I may just get one and have it powdercoated.

Havnt seen any others except the DK r/t but couldnt find one anywhere. Ive only gotten to ride mine for a few minites but it feels good. What color did you want to get it painted

|

crystal meth

2/1/2010 8:50 PM

id get the sunday and powdercoat it.

|

2/1/2010 9:01 PM

Harry95 wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

Havnt seen any others except the DK r/t but couldnt find one anywhere. Ive only gotten to ride mine for a few minites but it feels good. What color did you want to get it painted

No clue
I have my dream colors on my 20 so i need to think of something new that pops
prolly black frame though

|

2/1/2010 9:03 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

No clue

do neon pink and green

|

you tryin to throw hands?
fuck trends
it feels like a piece of metal secks between your legs
i ride street cuz im not into trannys

2/1/2010 9:06 PM

Harry95 wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

No clue

zach the retard wrote:

do neon pink and green

I'm not into bright colors.

|

2/1/2010 9:40 PM

maybe wait for the sunday 24" complete to come out and just upgrade that when you have money?

|

2/1/2010 9:58 PM

are u talkin about a chrome frmae

|

2/1/2010 10:00 PM

Kenealy wrote:

maybe wait for the sunday 24" complete to come out and just upgrade that when you have money?

LINK?

may do this, dont have the money for another custom since i just finished mine

|

2/1/2010 11:41 PM

Kenealy wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

LINK?

may do this, dont have the money for another custom since i just finished mine

damn, am i late. haha, they're not out yet, but there's specs and a parts list. pretty legit, if you ask me.

http://www.sundaybikes.com/v3/complete-bikes/model-c-complete/

|

2/2/2010 12:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:42 AM

|

2/2/2010 12:27 AM

jamie cole wrote: ????

i ride a fit. they're over rated.

|

2/2/2010 3:39 AM

I have a DK 4 pack frame right now. While I have not had any problems with my frame thus far, after stripping it down the other day, I can say that the welds on it look like crap. I say this having had several hand made steel road bike frames in the past and honestly, the welds on this DK don't look nearly as good as my worst road bike frame.

Standard used to make a really nice 24 though. Not sure if they do any more or not though. I saw a Giant one at my local shop that looked pretty nice but I don't know much about that one at all.

|

Proverbs 3:5-6

2/2/2010 3:58 AM

Drnwagn wrote:

I have a DK 4 pack frame right now. While I have not had any problems with my frame thus far, after stripping it down the other day, I can say that the welds on it look like crap. I say this having had several hand made steel road bike frames in the past and honestly, the welds on this DK don't look nearly as good as my worst road bike frame.

Standard used to make a really nice 24 though. Not sure if they do any more or not though. I saw a Giant one at my local shop that looked pretty nice but I don't know much about that one at all.

That's because its made overseas and its not an aftermarket frame. And I'd never ride a Standard.

|

2/2/2010 4:18 AM

Ressler711 wrote:

Harry95 wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

No clue

ohhh empire has them in black
http://empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9344

|

crystal meth

2/2/2010 4:58 AM

Drnwagn wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

That's because its made overseas and its not an aftermarket frame. And I'd never ride a Standard.

I hear you man! This is a large reason as to why I want to get a new frame.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like Standards?

|

2/2/2010 7:31 AM

integrated headsets spin smoother

|

Burn Lexington
Scarlett O'Hara

BIKE CHECK!
SECOND BIKE CHECK!
REFs....
blake el gingero, bsticks, bmx24, irideafly(x2), bigbarsbeard, hcpmicheal(x2), carjakester, 3514eclat, iridebikes07, throwafit, lee_rager, bwenger, aw1234512, kwescottbmx, ecuadevil, ScramHype, dakiddjai93, Spikes5(x3), ultrablade, BEASTASSDICK(x2)

2/2/2010 7:36 AM

Tommyboy wrote:

integrated headsets spin smoother

he means the company standard hahaha

|

crystal meth

2/2/2010 7:55 AM

^^funny!

Yes, the company Standard.

While integrated may spin smoother, I believe (may be wrong here) standard is stronger. From a frame design stand point as the tubing is butted at the flanges where the races are inserted.

Also, I think the quality of headset you have make a difference. You can get a ceramic coated standard headset or even say a Chris King and they will spin as smoothly. It is the bearings that make the difference and not the frame/race design.

|

2/2/2010 7:56 AM

Drnwagn wrote:

^^funny!

Yes, the company Standard.

While integrated may spin smoother, I believe (may be wrong here) standard is stronger. From a frame design stand point as the tubing is butted at the flanges where the races are inserted.

Also, I think the quality of headset you have make a difference. You can get a ceramic coated standard headset or even say a Chris King and they will spin as smoothly. It is the bearings that make the difference and not the frame/race design.

a sealed standard headset is as smooth as an integrated headset

|

crystal meth

2/2/2010 8:06 AM

The Sunday looks sick in Vanilla!

|

"Oh You Mad Cuz I'm Stylin On You?"

2/2/2010 8:07 AM

there is a post from a guy on the for sale pages that is selling a couple different bikes. I think the thread is on the 2-3rd page. I will see if I can find it as I can't recall what they were.

|

2/2/2010 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2010 8:10 AM

Drnwagn wrote:

there is a post from a guy on the for sale pages that is selling a couple different bikes. I think the thread is on the 2-3rd page. I will see if I can find it as I can't recall what they were.

he had a shadow invisible man. i think spikez5 posted that he might sell his too idont remember

|

crystal meth

2/2/2010 8:09 AM

|

2/2/2010 9:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:42 AM

Harry95 wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

Fit has a chrome one the CR 24, it feels like a 20 inch kinda.

Eastern has a 24 inch trail digger

Sunday has one

S&M has one

Race companies have them

Just kinda poke around man.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/2/2010 9:18 AM

heres a vid of the 24" compmlete
im pretty sure they make an all black one too
http://www.vitalbmx.com/videos/features/Sunday,10065/rwg2008,2412

|

i love fat chicks <3

2/2/2010 9:47 AM

Harry95 wrote:

Ressler711 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Fit has a chrome one the CR 24, it feels like a 20 inch kinda.

Eastern has a 24 inch trail digger

Sunday has one

S&M has one

Race companies have them

Just kinda poke around man.

the 24" trail digger sucks... my lbs has one and its horrible looking.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.