Good Dirt Jump bikes ?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2016 6:26 PM

I know this isn't BMX specifically so I hope my presence over the years helps me get some leeway so this doesn't get taken down tongue

Basically haven't ridden my bike in like a month and a half at least . Went on today and just no fun anymore ; hate to say it but it's true . Burnt myself out . For the moment I've been going to the gym so this isn't right away but I'm thinking about getting a dirt jump bike . I like "riding" but BMX - grinds and flat ledge shit isn't for me for the time I think . I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a new DJ bike , like 2016-2017 coming up . Pretty sure trails and dirt would be a lot different and I've enjoyed the concept , maybe big wheels and airs would help keep things fresh .

I'm thinking like hydro brakes , wide bars , singlespeed and overall just a decent bike . My Kona Shonky was sick before it got stolen

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/12/2016 7:11 PM

You looking for Suspension up front or rigid? 24 or 26?

I was always a fan of the P series from Specialized, Nyquist's Haro looks good too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2016 7:16 PM

Deity cryptkeeper

|

Smoke Drink Die

9/12/2016 9:11 PM

KINK

|

Land it or go home

9/12/2016 9:43 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

You looking for Suspension up front or rigid? 24 or 26?

I was always a fan of the P series from Specialized, Nyquist's Haro ...more

Suspension , hardtail though . Maybe like 100mm travel at least but like 120mm is optimal . As mentioned , hydro brakes , maybe an aluminum frame ...

My buddy Anthonys bike ( Morpheus ) is sick but it's upwards of 2000$ and I don't have that flow at the moment , I'm thinking maybe like 1500$ tops then put some money into it . NS has some cool stuff but the colour schemes are pretty wack , the P2 from Specialized is sick af but I'm pretty sure it'll cost a pretty penny .

Haro has a Nyquist hardtail coming out or something

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/12/2016 10:21 PM

I began my bike life on a Specialized P.24 hardtail. It was a super solid complete, more than I ever would need at the time, but I liked it. Not too sure what year it was, though. I'm sure that the more current models cost a fortune...

I always liked NS builds, but I agree with the crazy colors.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/13/2016 12:17 AM

Ns all the way, I've had 2 custom capital builds and a metropolis 2. Although, they're no where near as versatile as a bmx. Hence I came back to bmx. They're heavier, slower, and the sus sucks up all the effort you put into anything. Anything you can do on a jump bike you can do on a bmx.
How about just changing what you ride? Instead of riding flat ledges, ride transitions more, or find some trails. Maybe take your pegs off and put a brake on to see how it feels.

If you get a jump bike, I can almost guarantee you won't enjoy it. Everyone I know that went from bmx to a jump bike only rode it a couple of times then quit and don't ride at all now.

|

9/13/2016 1:13 AM

So a Morpheus is gonna run me 3000$ before taxes and shipping so dream bike is not happening .

Haro 1.3 looks sick , has what I want and it's 1500$ US so like 2000$ here , steep for sure though . I like the look but I guess part wise it's not my favourite , I would want to swap the seat and bars right away even though they're good .

Specialized P4 pro looks amazing , aluminum frame and crankset is fucking on point , all black too . Sick . Only thing is the price as well , gonna be a lot . Have to save up for a while .

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/13/2016 2:49 AM

are the GTs any good

|

9/13/2016 3:44 AM

ive got a norco ryde, only bad things are the forks and the weight but it only cost me $699audPhoto

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

9/13/2016 9:35 AM

Here's a crazy idea................ride your bmx on trails..............

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/13/2016 10:18 AM

Not trying to sway your decision but I have to echo what a couple of others said already...back in the day before there were skateparks and before street stuff became popular, bmx bikes were the go-to for jumping and riding in the dirt, that type of riding is actually where they evolved from.
Why not give that a try before spending big cash on a DJ bike? I'm just curious really, do what you want, but I don't really get why you would overlook the heritage of bmx and go for a different type of bike for that type of riding.

|

9/13/2016 10:53 AM

loosegrips wrote:

Not trying to sway your decision but I have to echo what a couple of others said already...back in the day before there were ...more

Honestly I wouldn't even bring up the heritage or past, I would just go with the least expensive option.

Pull the pegs, run a brake if you can, and check out some trails or flow a bowl.

If you turn out to love that, you could sink the funds into a pegless straight cabled trails/flow bike.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/13/2016 11:35 AM

There's a government - organized bike park like 15 minutes from my house , its all built for mountain bikes really , the type of people who build it are all avid dirt jumpers , unless you're really good on a BMX bike it's probably a pretty ballsy idea . When I had my Kona Shonky I was there a bit , it was pretty fun . The suspension and big wheels saved my ass a lot

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/13/2016 2:27 PM

22in bmx?

basiccally just take your current frame and add 1/4-1/2in to the tt and chainstay. i have a superlight, longish park/trails bike and a semi beefy, short, street/jump to flat bike

|

wallride a bus everyday