Good Fork?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2014 8:55 PM

I bent my fork so I'm looking for a new one. Right now it's between the Shadow Captive Fork and the Animal Barret fork. Which ones better or what should I get instead?

|

I cant 360 but I can 180 your girl

4/1/2014 9:00 PM

Animal. I wouldn't trust a shadow fork in a million years. Yet I run their bars. Seems legit.

|

4/1/2014 9:02 PM

Animal but id go for a bottom feeder fork or the odyssey directors

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/1/2014 9:04 PM

Odyssey or Sunday /thread

but if you're really set on one of those two, Animal.

|

4/1/2014 9:05 PM

Pitchforks or odyssey

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/1/2014 9:12 PM

mutiny wands. lol

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

4/1/2014 9:19 PM

Buying anything but Odyssey/Sunday forks is stupid. If you buy anything other than Odyssey/Sunday forks, I will chop your dick off and put it in a blender because you are too dumb to deserve it. If you buy Shadow forks, I will force you to fuck this really gross Asian chick.

|

4/1/2014 9:22 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Buying anything but Odyssey/Sunday forks is stupid. If you buy anything other than Odyssey/Sunday forks, I will chop your dick ...more

here I was about to say "inb4 Ohioan sucks Odyssey's dick"

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

4/1/2014 9:24 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

here I was about to say "inb4 Ohioan sucks Odyssey's dick"

Not all of Odyssey, just Mr. French's.

nh

|

4/1/2014 11:59 PM

S&M PITCHFORK. Ive had 2 in like 15 years of riding. Theres "good" forks and then there's Pitchforks!

|

4/2/2014 1:17 AM

Animal, but Odyssey over all.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/2/2014 2:43 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Buying anything but Odyssey/Sunday forks is stupid. If you buy anything other than Odyssey/Sunday forks, I will chop your dick ...more

I gonna buy the shadow forks now!!!

Give me this asian chick!! <3

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

4/2/2014 8:38 AM

Get the inceptive, they're MILES better. King crown = more welding space = stronger welds, investment cast drop outs, and all the other usual jazz....
And for once can people not stick the Sunday/odyssey dildo so far up their arse? There are PLENTY of forks that are as good, of not better than ody/Sunday, they just lack the rep that ody and Sunday have. And how about this one, NOT EVERYONE BUMS OVER THEM. they might dislike the company and want to support another brand....

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/2/2014 8:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2014 8:54 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Get the inceptive, they're MILES better. King crown = more welding space = stronger welds, investment cast drop outs, and all ...more

Name one fork with a better strength/weight ratio than R series forks.

There's a reason why Odyssey forks are the most popular and most loved forks. There is not a reason, however, why people need to buy other forks just to feel different and special. Just because you run parts other people don't doesn't make you special. Yeah, there's decent forks out there, but none come close to Odyssey forks.

|

4/2/2014 8:48 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Get the inceptive, they're MILES better. King crown = more welding space = stronger welds, investment cast drop outs, and all ...more

THAT! I Can Tell You That Inceptiv Forks Are BEASTLY & I'd Trust Them Over An Odyssey Fork ANY Day Of The Week/Month/Year/Decade!!! Shadow Offer A Great Warranty Also, The Inceptiv Fork Has WAAAAAAAY More Technology In Them Than Odyssey Forks! As Eddi Said! Just Because Shadow Had A Crappy Brand Image 10 Years Ago & Put Out Some Branded Catalog Crap, Doesn't Mean They're Doing It Now! That Being Said... I Have Seen Some Captive Forks Break, Which Is Why I Am Almost Positive They Have Released The Inceptiv Fork To Kinda Replace It I Guess! IF You Go Shadow, Go With The Inceptiv!

Believe It Or Not, There Are Some People Who Don't Ride On Odysseys Dick & DO NOT WANT THEIR PARTS!!! I'm Getting Pretty Fed Up Of EVERY SINGLE FORK Thread = Odyssey/Sunday THREAD B.S! It's Fucking Annoying!

|

4/2/2014 8:53 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

There's a reason why Odyssey forks are the most ...more

Name any 5 forks strength to weight ratio that aren't ody or Sunday..... bet you can't.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/2/2014 8:54 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

And I thought bmx was past giving two shits about weight?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/2/2014 9:02 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Name any 5 forks strength to weight ratio that aren't ody or Sunday..... bet you can't.

Yeah, I can dodge a challenge, too. And yeah, BMX is past the weight weenie stage, but why would you not want a fork that is lighter than almost every fork, stronger than every fork it tested against, and has the best warranty in the industry?

|

4/2/2014 9:12 AM

Personally I'm a fan of Odyssey/Sunday forks, but even if they are the strongest and lightest, at the end of the day there are plenty of other forks that are strong and light enough for most people.

|

4/2/2014 9:23 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Yeah, I can dodge a challenge, too. And yeah, BMX is past the weight weenie stage, but why would you not want a fork that is ...more

My point wasn't dodgin a challenge, it was that you don't know the strength to weight ratio of most forks, so claimin they are the best ratio without knowing what all the others are seems just a tad silly. And because, as I put above, you may want to support a different company, and id rather have havier, even stronger forks

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

4/2/2014 9:29 AM

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/351046/Ciari_Victor_I_(The_First)_Carbon_Fork.html These are the best. I mean go with whatever fork you want really and topsey really no one is on odysseys dick they are just a good company with legit parts and these are peoples opinions really no need to get your panties in a wad. just saying.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/2/2014 10:42 AM

Dont get that if you really though about it lol.

ANd Odyssey has good rep because they have owned it.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/2/2014 10:52 AM

I'll jump in on the Odyssey bandwagon. Great forks. I also run S&M forks, but if Odyssey made 22" forks, I'd go with them.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

4/2/2014 5:19 PM

In my opinion, don't throw out names claiming about how good these fork/parts are without personal experience.

And if you did have time with that fork/part, how did you test it? jump down a curb? or the fork just looks good? looks strong?

Don't just buy into the marketing hype.

|

But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

4/2/2014 5:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2014 5:21 PM

one try kid wrote:

In my opinion, don't throw out names claiming about how good these fork/parts are without personal experience.

And if you did ...more

Fucking balls Vital ate my post.

CBA to retype it.

Twats.

otkluvsrudolph

|

4/2/2014 5:27 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Fucking balls Vital ate my post.

CBA to retype it.

Twats.

otkluvsrudolph

meow... <3

|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

4/2/2014 5:38 PM

Ive ridden pitchforks, snapped both pairs. Rode kink foubdations and kink empires, snapped both. Odysseys are still welded. Their is always a chance for a weak one in the batch. Your good with almost any major brand. Also look at it this way, ALL parts break if you treat them the way they are intended. Nothing lasts forever...except herpies.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/2/2014 6:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2014 6:13 PM

Personally I'd go with the Animals because I've had bad experiences with shadow products in the past. However, the last time I owned anything from shadow was probably about 5 years ago now so they may have improved since then.

Also you never mentioned what front hub you have so I wanted to point out that this particular shadow fork only works with female hubs. The adjustable offset is a nice feature too.

I must say that if these forks are in your price range then its worth it to at least take a look at the Odyssey R forks. I have a set and have had some pretty gnarly wrecks but those things are still going strong.

|

4/3/2014 6:28 AM

one try kid wrote:

And if you did ...more

Let me say that you dont buy odyssey r25 to jump off curbs lol.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/3/2014 6:35 AM

id go r25 or r32 because theyre soooo strong and have a lifetime warranty so if you bend those (somehow) youll get new ones out of warranty

|