Good Pegs to buy for a amateur/intermediate park rider

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2018 6:08 PM

hello just looking for a good recommendation for pegs for a amateur to intermediate park rider,
Thanks

|

3/10/2018 6:26 PM

Ashton4646 wrote:

hello just looking for a good recommendation for pegs for a amateur to intermediate park rider,
Thanks

GSport Plegs; pretty light, slide really well and they won't gouge wood or aluminium coping.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/10/2018 6:30 PM

I have some Odyssey M-Pegs... they are 4140 (I believe) chomoly pegs for $15 new on Amazon for a pair (so 2 pegs)

They are great! I ride mostly park as well and only really grind smooth waxed ledges at skateparks, and these pegs are lasting for ever! I've had them for 3 weeks and they haven't even worn down! Just scratches on the bottom of the pegs from grinding... but I'm also not a huge grinder either... but for park ledges they'll last forever...

But if you're grinding rough concrete ledges, I'm not sure how they'll hold up on those... but I'm sure they'd still hold up pretty damn well on rough ledges too!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/10/2018 7:34 PM

Metal pegs , if you get decent on them then switch to plastic I imagine you’d have allot of fun

|

3/10/2018 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 7:40 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I have some Odyssey M-Pegs... they are 4140 (I believe) chomoly pegs for $15 new on Amazon for a pair (so 2 pegs)

They are ...more

They hold up fine on concrete! wink
Photo

Some skateparks prefer plastic sleeved or straight up wont let you ride if you run steel pegs. They damage whatever surface you grind significantly more so than plastic sleeved.

If security doesnt enforce it,
you can bet some skaters will.

|

3/10/2018 8:32 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

They are ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

They hold up fine on concrete! wink
Photo

Some skateparks prefer plastic sleeved or straight up wont let you ride if you run steel ...more

That's true with the plastic pegs... I could keep or drop pegs tbh... I kepp them becasue they're fun, but if I was going to park, and they say I can't ride with metal pegs, I'll just take my pegs off and I won't necessarily be pissed off about not being able to grind that day... but all my local parks are community parks so any one can go there with what ever that want and no one eforces the "skate park rules" but whatever lol... kids still go there on their little 12" princess Walmart bikes and Razors... and I've started to see some kids on these 3 wheeled scooter things where you have to shake your ass to move them or something like that, it looks funny as hell some kid trying to go fast around the park shaking their ass on their 3 wheeled scooter lmaolaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/10/2018 10:19 PM

If by "park" you mean just little taps and stalls on coping, I hear good things about the Total Skinnies pegs. They're super light, but NOT for the streets.

When I rode pegs, the Odyssey Rifles were amazing, and they still would be if I had them on my bike, haha. I definitely would go with something metal fur sure, though.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn