Good Riding Shoe Suggestions

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2015 6:27 AM

I'm looking for some good shoe suggestions for riding. I have always ridden in Vans Eras or Authentics, but I need something with a little more support on the bottom and protection around the ankles. I don't want something to stiff though because I don't want them to feel too different from what I'm used to. Not too bulky not too slim... any thoughts?

|

If it ain't broke...

9/29/2015 7:12 AM

Lotek makes a few options that fit the bill. Check em'

http://www.albes.com/shoes/lotek-shoes/

|

9/29/2015 7:18 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

Lotek makes a few options that fit the bill. Check em'

http://www.albes.com/shoes/lotek-shoes/

Awesome, I'll look into those

|

If it ain't broke...

9/29/2015 7:44 AM

Almonds are the way to go. My loteks were decent but they started to hurt my feet after a while. Almonds might be hard to find right now but they should have their new shoes out soon.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/29/2015 8:13 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Almonds are the way to go. My loteks were decent but they started to hurt my feet after a while. Almonds might be hard to find ...more

Almonds are great! They are pretty hard to get right now. We have a couple pairs left if you guys are into them though.

http://www.albes.com/almond-belmont-shoes/

|

9/29/2015 8:26 AM

Vans Half-Cabs

/thread

|

9/29/2015 10:10 AM

Go to the vans store and get some chima Fergusons, picked some up on sale and they were awesome

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/29/2015 2:11 PM

trainwrex wrote:

Vans Half-Cabs

/thread

Agree with that! Except make sure you are getting Half Cab Pros and not just regular Half Cabs.

Almonds are actually quite nice though too, and the new Loteks are looking pretty decent.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

9/29/2015 2:57 PM

Cool thanks for the suggestions guys

|

If it ain't broke...

9/29/2015 9:24 PM

Hightops for ankle support and thick soles in case you accidentally stomp your heels

|

wallride a bus everyday

9/29/2015 9:27 PM

Lotek... Reeves specifically. The newer ones are amazing but the insoles of the older ones kinda sucked. The newer ones (The ones that just came out last year) are fucking amazing... I rode my last pair from the last week of November 2014-Just a few weeks ago, and my bottoms were still in good condition, probably the first time I've ever had the bottoms of a shoe outlive the inside of the shoe and actually my insoles were fine, just the rest of the shoe was starting to feel really flimsy so I just got a new pair.

10/10 would recommend.

|

9/29/2015 9:41 PM

Vans shadow mid tops. Best shoes I've ever had

|

9/30/2015 12:29 AM

transition_chris wrote:

Agree with that! Except make sure you are getting Half Cab Pros and not just regular Half Cabs.

Almonds are actually quite ...more

Wrong .

OG cabs last longer due to more material on them instead of trying to be lite and orthopaedic or that crap

Also , the "pro" tab on the sole peels away the whole side of the shoe , while the OG one doesn't have it so it doesn't happen often.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/30/2015 6:10 AM

I absolutely dislike my Etnies brake shoe V2. The bottom is solid, BUT the top is WAY too low, so my heel is NEVER held in place. If they made the back area around the heel a tad taller they wouldn't suck so hard.

I did like my Etnies aaron ross ones, and Adios were always good to me, same with the 2 pairs of Osiris shoes I ran.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2015 6:31 AM

Etnies Rap CM maybe?

I wear the Rap CLs, so I can't really vouch for the CM ankle protection, but the cushion and pedal feel are pretty tits. They are like Vans with just a little more cushion.

|

9/30/2015 6:56 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I absolutely dislike my Etnies brake shoe V2. The bottom is solid, BUT the top is WAY too low, so my heel is NEVER held in ...more

Agreed! What a dumb design

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/30/2015 6:58 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Etnies Rap CM maybe?

I wear the Rap CLs, so I can't really vouch for the CM ankle protection, but the cushion and pedal feel ...more

Waaaaaaaaaay to thin around the toes. Were great lighweight shoes but footjams killed my feet. I am currently on the bruno hoffman vans and they are just now wearing out (i wear them everyday though). Might try something diffent but everywhere is sold out of cool shoes haha. I wanna try almonds (thanks homan) and maybe even verve. However the aitken loteks are sweet but I cant find them in my size in brown suede.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/30/2015 2:14 PM

I liked the nike xooms a lot best of all time was es accel

|

9/30/2015 9:36 PM

New balance numeric are the best I had

|

9/30/2015 9:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2015 9:57 PM

Nike SB or some discount 6.0s with mid tops so you don't smash your ankles on your crankarms
Oh and they have to have these soles, I have like 3 pairs of the Marvk mids and 2 SB Janoski mids
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/30/2015 10:34 PM

Fiveten Spitfires.

|

10/2/2015 8:00 AM

Just get anything with a cupsole and a style that you like. Having a cupsole is literally the only thing that matters. Vulc soles are too soft for bmx

|

10/2/2015 6:47 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Nike SB or some discount 6.0s with mid tops so you don't smash your ankles on your crankarms
Oh and they have to have these ...more

Oh are the 6.0s the ones with the herringbone pattern

|

11/30/2016 4:21 AM

Don't bring stuff back from over a year ago

|

"Jason Bourne, its Jesus Christ"

11/30/2016 4:58 AM

Lotek or vans, they both support BMX more than nike
also get the pro model vans
and if your feet really do hurt and you want a solution for then issue just look here
http://www.fpinsoles.com/every-foot-is-different/

|

11/30/2016 5:03 AM

bdh425 wrote:

and if your feet really do hurt and you want ...more

Stop using this old thread

|

"Jason Bourne, its Jesus Christ"

11/30/2016 5:10 AM

Since the thread was revived anyway, I figure I'll let everyone know I went with Fiveten Freeriders. They are still running strong, awesome shoe.

|

If it ain't broke...

11/30/2016 5:54 AM

bdh425 wrote:

and if your feet really do hurt and you want ...more

chrisbmx24 wrote:

Stop using this old thread

Sorry haha didn't check the date I was just looking in recent threads

|

11/30/2016 10:06 AM

Half cab pros are the best shoe ever. Make sure you get the pros. All the pro vans have an extra thick removable insole

|

11/30/2016 10:07 AM

Oops my bad. Just noticed, old thread

|