Good Shoes?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2017 4:55 PM

I live in a hilly area and I have some huge hills I bomb. I also do not have breaks setup on my bike nor do I plan to. I've gone through 2 pairs of shoes in the span of 3 weeks. 2 pairs of nikes, the shoes are not really ridding shoes and the souls are like foam. Looking for a pair of decent looking shoes. I just need soemthing comfortable and soemthing this wouldn't fall apart like my foamy nike shoes. any suggestions to some tank shoes?

|

10/11/2017 5:07 PM

man up and ride bare footed

|

10/11/2017 5:36 PM

If you like low tops get Vans Style 112 Pros...
If you like hi tops get Vans Sk8 Hi Pros...
I've ridden both of those 1 pair of Sk8 Hi Pros and 2 pairs of Style 112 Pros... both have lasted a while, I'm currently riding the 112s now and I love them so comfy on and off the bike and they grip the pedals very well...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/11/2017 6:07 PM

iChaney wrote:

I live in a hilly area and I have some huge hills I bomb. I also do not have breaks setup on my bike nor do I plan to. I've ...more

Why dont you want brakes, if I may inquire?

Ive had good luck with the steel toed Brahmas from wally world. 20 bucks, they are skate-shoe-like and the rubber on the bottom seems to last a long time compared to my other shoes.

|

10/11/2017 7:00 PM

eskimojay wrote:

man up and ride bare footed

or man up and ride brakes wink

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/11/2017 7:16 PM

iChaney wrote:

I live in a hilly area and I have some huge hills I bomb. I also do not have breaks setup on my bike nor do I plan to. I've ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Why dont you want brakes, if I may inquire?

Ive had good luck with the steel toed Brahmas from wally world. 20 bucks, they ...more

I don’t like brakes bc I like footjam whips and I think your bike looks cleaner without. I know those are both shitty reasons but idrgaf

|

10/11/2017 10:35 PM

Etnies marana x michelin. Just got a pair myself and the soles are badass compared to all the other wafty shoes out there these days. The only negative thing I could say about them is you don't get much pedal feel, if that's your thing.

|

10/12/2017 1:39 AM

Probably gonna get shit for this but I've been riding a beat up old pair of Jordans from value village and they've been going strong almost a year now with little wear. But that's only if you like wearing overpriced gargantuan clown shoes when riding.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

10/12/2017 4:54 AM

I know 90% of BMX are brakeless, but I just don't get it. Stick a brake on. Could not be arsed buying new trainers every 2 weeks.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/12/2017 5:32 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I know 90% of BMX are brakeless, but I just don't get it. Stick a brake on. Could not be arsed buying new trainers every 2 ...more

I had a pair of etnies jameson eco 2's that lasted a year of being brakeless. And let's face it, whether you're brakeless or not, trainers start to feel like arse after 6 months anyway

|

10/12/2017 6:34 AM

I'm old school & have always had brakes (except when we used to ride in the snow.... no brakes are brakes then!) & I don't think I'd ever NOT want some sort of brakes. As it is, I love my old bikes with FRONT brakes. I don't see the need to make tricks harder by forcing a foot jam if you don't have to. But, to each their own.

|

10/12/2017 11:13 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I know 90% of BMX are brakeless, but I just don't get it. Stick a brake on. Could not be arsed buying new trainers every 2 ...more

Out of that 90% I’d say only 20% of those guys actually have the bike control to justify being brakeless

|

10/12/2017 12:16 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Out of that 90% I’d say only 20% of those guys actually have the bike control to justify being brakeless

Word.

|

10/12/2017 12:53 PM

It's not just about bike control. It's about being aware of your surroundings. Most people with brakes rely on them, and barely look where they're going.

|

10/12/2017 5:19 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's not just about bike control. It's about being aware of your surroundings. Most people with brakes rely on them, and ...more

My experience is the opposite...must be that we drive on the other side of the road :D

But yea, locally most kids go brakeless before they know what a BMX actually is...it's fun watching them get wrecked because they cannot stop.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/13/2017 7:50 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

If you like low tops get Vans Style 112 Pros...
If you like hi tops get Vans Sk8 Hi Pros...
I've ridden both of those 1 pair ...more

i can second the style 112 pro's. I usually switch up my riding shoes every time i run through a pair but with the style 112's i ended up getting a couple more pairs. They offer a nice bit of protection for a low profile shoe and the ultracush insoles are great. One of my favorite things about them is the duracap. most vans fall apart near the front of the midsole where the crank rubs against the shoe. 10/10 best low top riding shoes.

|

10/13/2017 7:57 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

There is some truth behind that but how in the world do you improve your bike control if you never practice. Also, people don't only go brake less to improve bike control. I don't run brakes simply because i dont want the hassle of maintaining them and a lot of other riders do the same. Also brakeless riding teaches you situational awareness, something you don't learn while riding brakes. That's why normal cyclists seem to be brain dead most of the time. They rely too much on their brakes and they have no clue what's going on around them. There's pro's and con's to brakes it just comes down to personal preference. You shouldn't need to build a certain level of bike control before you are allowed to take your brakes off.

|

10/14/2017 2:25 PM

|

brakeless maniac

10/14/2017 2:55 PM

Mid school Orchid shoes were the best. However they have not been made for years. The closest thing currently available are the Accel OG's. We sell them at the link below

https://www.albes.com/search.php?search_query=Accel

www.albes.com

|

10/14/2017 2:57 PM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

Mid school Orchid shoes were the best. However they have not been made for years. The closest thing currently available are ...more

Orchid were awesome. I'd still like to try a pair of Scg

|

10/14/2017 3:02 PM

iChaney wrote:

Vans.

Some people don’t like them but they are proven and they grip amazing. You can always get the ultracush insouls to help with hard landings. I have rode many different shoes over the past 30 years and always end up with Vans.

|

10/14/2017 6:57 PM

Me personally, I RIDE shoes that support BMX. Vans, Etnies, Nike (barely though). A lot of people are riding Adidas but until the re-release the Mirra I'm not riding them. Even the pros that were riding them started riding Vans. IE: Billy Perry, Brandon Begin, Charlie Crumlish, Cory Martinez.

Support your sport and ride what supports you. I suggest the Vans TNT SG.

|