Good Starter BMX?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2017 12:17 PM

Hello everyone.

This question probably gets asked a lot here but I’m new to BMX and would like some suggestions as I don’t actually know what to look for.

I’m fairly heavy, 115kg, 5’10 tall and have a budget of around £5-600 (would go lower or higher depending on the feedback I get). Mainly wanna use this around skate parks but I am definitely gonna beat the hell out of it. Only criteria is that it’s a good bike and will last a fair amount of time.

I reckon I can work with custom building one as I have a lot of experience working on my mountain bike, but only if it’s the better way to go.

Looking forward to the replies, thanks everyone

|

10/1/2017 1:22 PM

Mongoose legion l100 if you want the cheapest decent chromoly complete out there.

Wtp crysis is awesome
Many here recommend the Hoffman bama
Just found the hoffman condor pretty decent price.
Eastern shovelhead highly recommended

|

10/1/2017 1:48 PM

Anything 100% chromo that fancies your taste lol

|

Ride till you die

10/1/2017 2:21 PM

IMHO
Best "starter": Eastern Shovelhead.
Greatest value starter: Mongoose Legion L100

|

10/1/2017 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2017 2:26 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

IMHO

I hear the trans gold is nice! wink

Ill be able to comment on the quality of the legion l100 in person very soon. The 4th to be exact.

Picked one up for 200 free ship. It was an opened box item that got returned to amazon.

Im VERY picky when it comes to parts.

|

10/1/2017 2:55 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

IMHO

Bulletpup wrote:

Ill be able to comment on the quality of the legion l100 in person very soon. The 4th to be ...more

The trans gold, you say? I'll have to check that out.

|

10/1/2017 7:30 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Ill be able to comment on the quality of the legion l100 in person very soon. The 4th to be ...more

Im looking forward to another persons view of the bike, please report when you get your hands on it!

|

10/1/2017 7:57 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

IMHO

Bulletpup wrote:

Slater wrote:

Im looking forward to another persons view of the bike, please report when you get your hands on it!

Will do!

|