Good ankle braces/ankle supportive shoes for bmx?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2017 2:17 PM

Anyone got suggestions?

I wear the shock doctor lace up ankle braces but im wanting more protection and more support.

|

11/15/2017 2:24 PM

I've heard that space brace are the absolute best

|

Hmmm

11/15/2017 3:13 PM

Space Brace

|

FI

11/15/2017 4:30 PM

fede/bmx1 wrote:

Space Brace

Ill check that out

|

11/15/2017 5:46 PM

Ha! I didn't even have to look to see who posted this.

|

11/16/2017 1:56 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ha! I didn't even have to look to see who posted this.

Lol, getting more serious about my physical health as I get older and still want to do risky activities.

|

11/16/2017 3:51 PM

What pads do you guys suggest that are comfy slip on type style, I have some but they are tight as all hell

|

11/16/2017 3:51 PM

Knee/shin/ankle

|

11/16/2017 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2017 4:23 PM

I have no idea.... I have monster calves from years off bike riding (name genetics) so nearly everything is too tight on me

|

11/16/2017 8:42 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

What pads do you guys suggest that are comfy slip on type style, I have some but they are tight as all hell

Contrary to Mishinn, I dont have monster calves so I prefer the strap on type since they dont slide down as much, IME.

Adjustable is the way to go.

Depending on your activity or lack of activity (injury, laziness, etc.) your musculature can change, making slip on pads vary in feel.

Also, anyone with a past or present, serious injury knows how much a part of your body can atrophy if not in constant use. "Use it or lose it" is a term that is most appropriate.

Anyway, thats my take on pads.

Im still considering the Space Braces.

|

11/17/2017 8:32 AM

Vans HI Sk8 Pro shoes for sure. I just grabbed a pair and they keep my (mostly metal) ankle feeling solid as hell. That with the Colony ankle/shin guards and I'm pretty well protected and supported.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/17/2017 5:25 PM

|

11/18/2017 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2017 9:03 PM

-talking bout shoes-
I've found that a lot of high tops have a space/gap between the hightop lacing and where a low top would normally end, well that space/gap is where your ankle is. alot of hightops suck and keeping you from rolling your ankle. so I get mids,they seem to do the job fine.

and as you get older you need to give yourself more and more time to rest between injuries as you get older the injuries become more and more like to become permanent/loooong lasting, so let your shit heal up all the way before trying daunting feats of bicycle manuverability

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/21/2017 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2017 7:15 AM

buttmeate wrote:

-talking bout shoes-
I've found that a lot of high tops have a space/gap between the hightop lacing and where a low top would normally end, well that space/gap is where your ankle is. alot of hightops suck and keeping you from rolling your ankle. so I get mids,they seem to do the job fine.

and as you get older you need to give yourself more and more time to rest between injuries as you get older the injuries become more and more like to become permanent/loooong lasting, so let your shit heal up all the way before trying daunting feats of bicycle manuverability

Yep...i shouldve waited a bit longer, i fucked my ankle a bit more landing flat from a drop. My bad foot was in a bad postion when I landed and I bent my foot too much. Hurts like a bitch again.

Its a different injury luckily but its the result of weakened muscles from lack of use; so its related I suppose.

I got overly confident and tried too much in one day.

|

12/2/2017 10:58 PM

Got the Space Braces as recommended...Incredible.

I am suprised at how well they worked. Lifetime warranty!

Thank you all for the help.

|