Good buy?/Madera wobble?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2012 6:58 PM

Today i bought a painted Profile mini ss laced to a painted Gsport rollcage and a Madera pilot v1 laced to a Sun rhyno lite xl for $120! pretty pumped i finally got my bike together. The front hub makes a noise like it's loose when i hit it on the side, does anyone know how to fix this?

|

xBMXx.

7/14/2012 7:03 PM

if the bearings have been pulled out alot then theres a chance a bearing was installed wrong and the hubshell is prolly worn out causing it to wobble. Profile sells shims to try and fix this but i think its only for the rear hubs....

|

Golf Wang

The Montaña Bike Check

Cult Sticker Hatred

Benny Fucking L

Refs: Showtime402, Mybike1986

7/14/2012 7:06 PM

N.W.A. wrote:

if the bearings have been pulled out alot then theres a chance a bearing was installed wrong and the hubshell is prolly worn out causing it to wobble. Profile sells shims to try and fix this but i think its only for the rear hubs....

I don't think they've ever been pulled out. darn.

|

xBMXx.

7/14/2012 7:07 PM

yup, bearing issue, you can get the shim kit like NWA said, they'll work on the front

http://dev.profileracing.com/estore2/index.php?productid=351

|

7/14/2012 7:13 PM

sbc785 wrote:

yup, bearing issue, you can get the shim kit like NWA said, they'll work on the front

http://dev.profileracing.com/estore2/index.php?productid=351

thank you!

|

xBMXx.

7/14/2012 9:17 PM

All this shim stuff.and wobble stuff makes me think profile sucks

|

7/14/2012 10:07 PM

no, they don't at all, they do the shim thing so if it starts to wear out you can just use a shim instead of buying a new hub. There's no telling what abuse that hub has seen or if it was ever maintained. I'd much rather get a shim kit instead of another $200 hub.

|

7/14/2012 10:51 PM

same thing happened on my profile front, the shims didn't work

what the story is, is that profile has put 2 different bearings in the hubs over the last few years. the tolerances are fractions apart on these, but the easiest way to differentiate is there blue rubber sealed bearings and ones with black seals

they had the black sealed ones in for awhile and it was real nice and all was tight, but when kids put them in their hand and spun them, they would feel " slow" because of all the tolerances being perfect, then the kid would grab the next popular brand hub and spin that, and buy that one because it spun more freely in hand

so profile switched to the blue sealed ones with looser tolerances to improve the feel, so basically they lowered the quality so stupid kids would think they were higher quality like the odyssey hub next to it

but having that tiny tiny tiny amount of play slowly grows and grows until it wears out you center axle and your shell wall

i had profile warranty my shell, but i still have play with different bearings, so a center axle wil be next

hope this helped

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

7/15/2012 12:08 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

same thing happened on my profile front, the shims didn't work

what the story is, is that profile has put 2 different bearings in the hubs over the last few years. the tolerances are fractions apart on these, but the easiest way to differentiate is there blue rubber sealed bearings and ones with black seals

they had the black sealed ones in for awhile and it was real nice and all was tight, but when kids put them in their hand and spun them, they would feel " slow" because of all the tolerances being perfect, then the kid would grab the next popular brand hub and spin that, and buy that one because it spun more freely in hand

so profile switched to the blue sealed ones with looser tolerances to improve the feel, so basically they lowered the quality so stupid kids would think they were higher quality like the odyssey hub next to it

but having that tiny tiny tiny amount of play slowly grows and grows until it wears out you center axle and your shell wall

i had profile warranty my shell, but i still have play with different bearings, so a center axle wil be next

hope this helped

I just went and took apart the hub and I have the black seal bearings...

|

xBMXx.

7/15/2012 6:56 PM

bump

|

xBMXx.

7/15/2012 7:00 PM

DylanLow wrote:

bump

call profile and talk to them

|

7/15/2012 10:17 PM

DylanLow wrote:

bump

premiumbiker16 wrote:

call profile and talk to them

ahah i should try that

|

xBMXx.

7/16/2012 9:42 AM

you need to tighten the bearing cones there threaded

|

7/16/2012 10:17 AM

the only reason why i think profile is anygood is because they will warranty this stuff for you....

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

7/16/2012 11:17 AM

bmx4orlife wrote:

the only reason why i think profile is anygood is because they will warranty this stuff for you....

I'm not the original owner sad

|

xBMXx.

7/16/2012 11:18 AM

premiumbiker16 wrote:

you need to tighten the bearing cones there threaded

I have tightened them already.

|

xBMXx.

7/16/2012 11:58 AM

ive had almost every part profile has for sale. You can call and ask them any questions you have and they almost will always pick up and they are def knowledgeable about it. Even if you bought it second hand they may help you out. i bought a old set of minis used and they hooked me up with a new lock ring and shims for it for really cheap.

|

7/16/2012 8:01 PM

Bmxican406 wrote:

ive had almost every part profile has for sale. You can call and ask them any questions you have and they almost will always pick up and they are def knowledgeable about it. Even if you bought it second hand they may help you out. i bought a old set of minis used and they hooked me up with a new lock ring and shims for it for really cheap.

will do!

|

xBMXx.

7/16/2012 9:00 PM

AMAZING DEAL EITHER WAY!!!

|

7/16/2012 9:24 PM

BmxNinja101 wrote:

AMAZING DEAL EITHER WAY!!!

Hahaha i know right!!!

|

xBMXx.