Good complete wheels on danscomp?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2014 4:31 PM

I'm getting a new rear cassette wheel I don't wanna spend $500 on spokes rims and hubs. So what do you ride?whats good? Which hubs are good and loud. Anyone run cult? Anyone run primo remix? How bout cinema?

|

7/3/2014 4:47 PM

I've had the cinema zx wheel for 7 months now and its a good wheel. I've broken two spokes but other than that it holds up well. If you want something stronger, the vx and vx2 are the better wheels that cinema makes.

|

7/3/2014 8:53 PM

POVERTY WT-48!!!

4pawl, fully sealed Joytech (Odyssey Hazard v3, Mission React, etc.) hub

$65 aftermarket, double wall, welded seem Alienation Delinquent rim. I had the 7000series version of this rim and it was seriously the strongest thing on the planet. Very solid design.

48 spokes! Only adds a couple ounces to the overall weight vs. a 36h and has an endless list of strength advantages over a 36h.

Only $120! Best bang for your buck available.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/3/2014 9:17 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

POVERTY WT-48!!!

$65 aftermarket, double wall, ...more

Idk if I'd trust the hubs

|

7/3/2014 9:23 PM

Cinema zx. Love mine.

|

7/3/2014 9:34 PM

fatkattt wrote:

Its virtually an Odyssey Hazard v3 except with the higher quality 4pawl driver to ensure it doesn't skip. It runs on 6902 bearings and a 14mm chromoly axle. Aside from the C-clip driver, its about as strong as a good amount of male 14mm hubs on the market. Aslong as you maintain it (like you should do any hub), then it should hold up swell.

If youre going out and 360ing off roofs and gapping 10ft to a handrail, maybe this isnt the hub for you. In which case, most hubs that come on complete wheels that aren't expensive as hell wont be the ones for you either.

Also, Bonedeth 48h hubs are dropping soon. A year or two down the line if you blow out the Joytech hub, you can purchase one of those to lace up to the 48h rim youll already have.

Its better and cheaper than a good amount of complete wheels available. If you look into Gsport wheels, they will be better, but will cost you a shit ton (which you dont want to spend).

I would also suggest a Cult Match to Alienation Runaway Stay Strong custom wheel since the hub is decently cheap and the rim is on sale and AMAZING (I run them front and back.) Dans will lace it for free and straight gauge spokes are pretty cheap.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

7/13/2014 1:14 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

POVERTY WT-48!!!

$65 aftermarket, double wall, ...more

fatkattt wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Its virtually an Odyssey Hazard v3 except with the higher quality 4pawl driver to ensure it doesn't skip. It runs on 6902 ...more

Fuck that I got profile mini laced to odyssey hazard

|

7/13/2014 1:30 PM

I've rode profile mini ss hubs to a g sport 48 in the rear and 36 in the front to alienation delinquent and those wheels are pretty bombproof , riding Hoffman generator wheels on my bike now but soon plan to switch up to some revenge industries wheels , as long as you ride high pressure in your tires your rims and wheels in general seem to last a lot longer

|