Good set of tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2021 4:11 PM

Hi people, I ruined a pair of tires and need some, most I would spend is 60 bucks, I'm a beginner, and my current were stock fitsbikecos, not fafs though, front was 2.25 rear was 2.1, what size would you recommend, and a tire? I ride park and street

|

2/18/2021 4:19 PM

A pair of 2.25” bsd donnasqueaks, classic.

|

2/18/2021 4:19 PM

I just replaced my tire set with Federal Command tires, front and rear. Fat, light, super grippy and they cost me about $60 for the pair. They are LP tires though and I have been running my tires between 50-60 psi

|

2/18/2021 4:25 PM

vagabond wrote:

I just replaced my tire set with Federal Command tires, front and rear. Fat, light, super grippy and they cost me about $60 for the pair. They are LP tires though and I have been running my tires between 50-60 psi

I want a thinner tire, I tried 2.40s and they felt slow

|

2/18/2021 4:30 PM

vagabond wrote:

I just replaced my tire set with Federal Command tires, front and rear. Fat, light, super grippy and they cost me about $60 for the pair. They are LP tires though and I have been running my tires between 50-60 psi

max is a noob wrote:

I want a thinner tire, I tried 2.40s and they felt slow

S&M Speedballs at 2.1, but really the inflated width is like 2.25. They are also HP tires and pretty inexpensive if you are looking for speed.

|

2/18/2021 4:31 PM

Odyssey Path Pros

|





2/18/2021 4:43 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Odyssey Path Pros

Yeah, I’m a fan but have only tried the 2.4s

|

2/18/2021 5:04 PM

Demolition Hammerhead-T in 2.25”

I have them in 2.4 and love em. They inflate pretty wide, to like 2.5

|

Yep listening to nothing, taking no suggestions
Or destructive criticisms, that can't improve on perfection

2/18/2021 5:10 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Odyssey Path Pros

Those were the ones I was thinking

|

2/18/2021 6:01 PM

Inma just buy a single fit faf 2.30

|

2/18/2021 6:37 PM

Maxxis grifters, best tyre ever. Sizes personal preference.

|

2/18/2021 6:38 PM

If 2.4s feel too slow then pump them bitches to 100psi

|

smile

2/18/2021 6:40 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

If 2.4s feel too slow then pump them bitches to 100psi

Turns will be slow no matter what- to thinner, but can reduce sluggishness when pumped up properly for sure.

|

2/18/2021 6:51 PM

|

It’s all bmx

2/18/2021 7:03 PM

How are they getting $40 for those when 2.45 Aitkens are like $26 same price as path pros..

|





2/18/2021 7:15 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Maxxis grifters, best tyre ever. Sizes personal preference.

I second this, best ties I’ve ever run.

However, considering your budget, I’d recommend Animal GLH tires. A little on the heavier side, but very durable and dependable.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/18/2021 8:04 PM

Toga comp III’s

|

2/18/2021 8:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Toga comp III’s

Those were awesome before they fucked up the sizing back in the early 2000's. They used to be nice and wide.



I've ridden nothing but Merritt FT1's front and back for the last 4 years. I'm pretty pleased with them. Great all around tire.

|

2/18/2021 9:29 PM

I blow out back tires and wheels like its nobody's business. If you want good tires that don't blow out go with a 2.25 with rugged sidewall. Or look at 2.1 that inflate to a 2.2 or 2.25. Im running the Relic 2.1 on the rear for a few sessions and it's held up so far. I'll run a tad bit lighter tire on the front, but try to keep it the about the same size as the rear. Its all personal pref on if you want 2 matching size tires or bigger in the front.

|

2/19/2021 12:25 AM

max is a noob wrote:

Inma just buy a single fit faf 2.30

The 2.3's inflate to about 2.1-2.2, the 2.25's inflate to about 2.25-2.3. and the tread lasts a lot longer because it's deeper. 2.25 fafs are by far my favourite tyre. I've tried a few others but always go back

|

2/19/2021 12:26 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

I blow out back tires and wheels like its nobody's business. If you want good tires that don't blow out go with a 2.25 with rugged sidewall. Or look at 2.1 that inflate to a 2.2 or 2.25. Im running the Relic 2.1 on the rear for a few sessions and it's held up so far. I'll run a tad bit lighter tire on the front, but try to keep it the about the same size as the rear. Its all personal pref on if you want 2 matching size tires or bigger in the front.

Probably something wrong with your rim. And once it's happened once it'll only get worse. I had this problem with an alienation rim, as soon as I got a new one I had no more blow outs

|

2/19/2021 3:47 AM

Eclat morrow, or donnastreet

|

2/19/2021 4:11 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Odyssey frequency g
http://flatlandfuel.com/odysseyfrequencygwirebeadtire.aspx

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

How are they getting $40 for those when 2.45 Aitkens are like $26 same price as path pros..

They don’t make as many of those like the Aitken or path. And flatlanders burn through tires way faster. Different rubber compounds too.

|

It’s all bmx

2/19/2021 8:10 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Probably something wrong with your rim. And once it's happened once it'll only get worse. I had this problem with an alienation rim, as soon as I got a new one I had no more blow outs

Ya some rims are def better for sure, some tires too. I usually ride about 65/70 psi on the rear but some tires are just too thin and if you hang up it destroys the rim. Sorry i shoulda clarified, its blowouts from hang ups on coping etc not just cruising around. The Rims I ride are good, but not after hahah.

But some tires for sure hold up better to hang ups and so dont some rims. Moral of the story...Ride Smoother I guess. But def thicker sidewalls and casing if you want stabillity.

|

2/19/2021 8:28 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

I blow out back tires and wheels like its nobody's business. If you want good tires that don't blow out go with a 2.25 with rugged sidewall. Or look at 2.1 that inflate to a 2.2 or 2.25. Im running the Relic 2.1 on the rear for a few sessions and it's held up so far. I'll run a tad bit lighter tire on the front, but try to keep it the about the same size as the rear. Its all personal pref on if you want 2 matching size tires or bigger in the front.

.pegless. wrote:

Probably something wrong with your rim. And once it's happened once it'll only get worse. I had this problem with an alienation rim, as soon as I got a new one I had no more blow outs

hoffdirt1 wrote:

Ya some rims are def better for sure, some tires too. I usually ride about 65/70 psi on the rear but some tires are just too thin and if you hang up it destroys the rim. Sorry i shoulda clarified, its blowouts from hang ups on coping etc not just cruising around. The Rims I ride are good, but not after hahah.

But some tires for sure hold up better to hang ups and so dont some rims. Moral of the story...Ride Smoother I guess. But def thicker sidewalls and casing if you want stabillity.

Aaah, I thought you meant the tyre bead just popping off the rim. I do a lot of bump jumps and haven't had a single pinch flat since getting g sport rims

|

2/19/2021 8:39 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Aaah, I thought you meant the tyre bead just popping off the rim. I do a lot of bump jumps and haven't had a single pinch flat since getting g sport rims

Ya sorry. g sport are the best. I do bump jumps too hahha. I tried riding thin park tires and it wasn't good haha. Ya def reccommend g sports if people are getting flats too.

|

2/19/2021 11:22 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

Ya sorry. g sport are the best. I do bump jumps too hahha. I tried riding thin park tires and it wasn't good haha. Ya def reccommend g sports if people are getting flats too.

???

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/19/2021 11:37 AM

readybmxer wrote:

???

You know what a bump jump is right? If you do bump jumps, body jars, and tire bonks; thin sidewall tires or park tires won't be your best option. Read pegless's post, i was mirroring what he said.

|

2/19/2021 11:56 AM

hoffdirt1 wrote:

Ya sorry. g sport are the best. I do bump jumps too hahha. I tried riding thin park tires and it wasn't good haha. Ya def reccommend g sports if people are getting flats too.

readybmxer wrote:

???

hoffdirt1 wrote:

You know what a bump jump is right? If you do bump jumps, body jars, and tire bonks; thin sidewall tires or park tires won't be your best option. Read pegless's post, i was mirroring what he said.

???

|

2/19/2021 12:10 PM

cky199 wrote:

???

If you dont do bump jumps you got nothin to worry bout smile

|