Good shoes to ride with

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2017 3:46 PM

I just got some money and im in need of new shoes, but which ones, im looking for shoes with thick outsoles so i can i use them as brake pads, by that i mean dragging them on concrete to stop, ive hears that vans arent pretty good for that, so if any one could tell me some good shoes i would highly appreciate it

|

8/1/2017 3:55 PM

Birkenstocks

|

8/1/2017 6:18 PM

I ride brakeless and currently ride Vans Sk8 hi Pros... but if you don't like hi-tops before I had my Sk8 hi Pros I had Vans Old Skool Style 112 Pros which were awesome too... next time I need new shoes I'll probably get the 112 Pros again....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/1/2017 6:31 PM

Half cabs are my favorite. They all have the same soles.Just make sure you get the pros. They are way better, and worth the extra few bucks. They have an extra thick insole. Most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

|

8/1/2017 8:20 PM

Vans Half Cab Pro's for me too . I ran them before and liked them so much I got Dakota's colourway . I will probably get them again . They last a lot of abuse

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/1/2017 11:07 PM

I ride strictly in thrifted Nike or Vans low tops anymore, and just trash the fuck out of these $12 shoes shoving em in my tires. Of course I live in the mountains, but I totally suggest it

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/1/2017 11:17 PM

Etnies Jameson eco 2, without a doubt the best riding shoe I've had since orchids. It has to be the eco 2 though, the soles on the others are garbage. My previous pair lasted nearly a year of brakeless riding, including riding to and from work, and being worn pretty much every day

|

8/2/2017 6:16 AM

Broke my heel in vans about a month ago, the soles in them suck. I've been riding Nike SB's since and they are much better. If you can get some with the thick ass cupsole, like the kostons, get those. Great shoe. I also use nike sb dunk mids with an FP insole inside. They are great to use as brakepads cause they are thick and actually have padding so your foot wont get torn up.

|

8/2/2017 7:59 AM

I like my SB mids. not as grippy on the bottom but they last way longer

|

8/2/2017 8:03 AM

DC Shoes, as they are the only ones the stores ever have stocked in size 13...

|

8/2/2017 8:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 9:21 AM

Air Force 1's. They work really well for me. Thick sole, lots of padding, good grip, and hold up good.

|

8/2/2017 10:05 AM

SCg Shoe Co is back... just posted all new models to the product guides. super affordable. and you get to support a rider-owned bmx shoe company...
http://www.vitalbmx.com/product/guide/Shoes,27/SCG/Sound,11241

|

8/2/2017 12:34 PM

SCG Steve wrote:

SCg Shoe Co is back... just posted all new models to the product guides. super affordable. and you get to support a ...more

If I could get em in the UK I definitely would've tried them out by now. But shipping makes them too expensive sad

|

8/2/2017 12:42 PM

DJ Enough3126 wrote:

Air Force 1's. They work really well for me. Thick sole, lots of padding, good grip, and hold up good.

I hate AF1's I used to swear by them until I rode in some proper shoes. They have pretty bad grip however the sole is ridiculously thick and tough, definitely super resilient. But you cannot feel the pedals at all and it used to drive me nuts

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/2/2017 12:43 PM

Totally. We're actually working on that right now. But we are sending shoes to the UK and Spain currently. What you can do, is call up and have yours mailed possibly with another order, to cut shipping in half. And since we're small, we can make some magic happen with the 1 shoe boxe since they can fit 2 pairs. So 2 pairs will ship as one if you want. That's what we're doing for the moment , haha!

|

8/2/2017 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 3:55 PM

SCG Steve wrote:

SCg Shoe Co is back... just posted all new models to the product guides. super affordable. and you get to support a ...more

Those look nice. Might be my next pair. Too bad I just got some new vans sk8 highs.

|

8/2/2017 4:31 PM

If you're not riding es accels you might as well be wearing flip flops

|

8/2/2017 4:32 PM

I love vans... I will never step foot on my bike with another shoe. I use to have dc shoes I rode with, until I slipped off the pedals on a decent sized drops and have pedal marks on the back of my leg from months ago. Vans are amazing because the pins in the pedal go in the grooves of the bottom and you hardly lose grip.

|

8/2/2017 6:55 PM

Lol tie your shoes tighter....

|

8/2/2017 6:58 PM

Vans is my go to. I'm a fan of the slip ons or skate hi. I bought a pair of Nike sb's and they sit in the shoe box pretty much brand new so uncomfortable

|

8/2/2017 7:58 PM

I have always used Chuck Taylors until I got Adidas Seely's from Dan's. I use those now more often than Chucks, but Chucks still seem like "home"

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

8/2/2017 8:02 PM

I remember when Nike first came out with skate shoes. Big Brother Magazine's review of them was simply a picture of them after Dave Carnie had taken a massive poop on them. I never bothered to try them after that.

I like Vans and Adidas. The Adidas don't grip as crazy as Vans but they are super comfy.

|

8/2/2017 8:39 PM

Verve makes a really nice shoe too. Rider owned company as well

|

8/2/2017 9:33 PM

Nike SB Dunk High Pro's are currently my favorite BMX/ skate shoe. Wish I would've started buying them years ago...

|

8/3/2017 9:42 AM

Photo

|

2/22/2018 12:12 AM

Globe motley mids

|