Goofy Footed

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2017 12:10 AM

Is it harder to do tricks if you're goofy footed? I'm left handed but I'm right foot forward, spin right and grind on left side

|

2/17/2017 1:12 AM

Some say certain things are harder, like 360's. But, watch Mike aitken. It's not really harder, just different. And you can learn lookbacks easier, they're one of the best looking tricks ever

|

2/17/2017 4:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2017 5:52 AM

I was able to 180 both ways almost from the start with the goofy one always feeling better, it wasn't so much that one way was harder than the other. I found it quite hard to learn 360s(I learn everything hop, if you have a flyout it shouldn't be as hard), it took me a year of trying them but when I landed my first, I tried it the other way in celebration and it came around perfectly. Since that day I've been able to 360 both ways and recently, I've even gone as far as flat 540s both ways(not any ways consistent yet but getting there). I tailwhip regular but prefer 180ing goofy, makes learning downwhips a breeze and 180 whips aren't much harder.

I'm right foot forward and I prefer spinning to the right but either way's good.

That's my experience with being goofy, yours will likely be a little different but almost every other goofy rider I've met has a similar ability for spinning both ways.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/17/2017 5:30 AM

I'm almost left handed and goofy footed and I don't find 360's to be hard at all. It's all about how you work with it and get used to it. Anything is possible if you work hard enough

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

2/17/2017 9:56 AM

It's sort of just "whatever" when it comes to stance. When people remark if you're goofy or regular, it doesn't really matter, anyways. Your natural way is the way that feels best to ride. Just ride that way! :D

I've been riding for around four years now and I haven't figured out which 180 is my "regular" spin. Both directions feel completely comfortable. I'm left foot forwards and I haven't figured out which way I air, either.

Ride, have fun, don't care a ton about your stance! smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/17/2017 10:13 AM

hey the same happens to me, but in my case left foot forward and I spin left. After 1 month and a half riding from time to time I am able to do 180 fly outs and bunny 180 without any problem, and I am looking forward to practicing 360s. I guess it's a little bit easier if you spin to the opposite side of your front foot, because you have more control of the rear part of the bicycle. But it doesn't mean you can't spin right if you're goofy. I even considered changing when I was learning, but I can't help feeling more comfortable turning and spining left and putting my left foot forward, and I didn't have a good feeling riding when I tried changing any of that. So just keep riding the way you feel comfortable, you will be able to do all the tricks and as some say, you can always learn the opposite variation of each trick. The most important thing is having fun!

|

2/17/2017 10:56 AM

Nyquist was one of the first dudes trying to get 1080's, and got SUPER close. He is left forward and spins left.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/17/2017 8:24 PM

I'm as fuck footed as you are, welcome to hell. It is a bit harder to learn stuff depending how badly you're fuck footed though. For instance, I do goofy footed whips too and it took me FOREVER to learn them.

We do get an advantage though, I think it makes learning oppo tricks easier. I can do almost every trick I can do opposite as well.

|