Goofy foot

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2017 5:37 AM

I have my right foot in the front and i spin to the left. Also I like to do footjam tailwhips by turning frame clockwise. Does it means I'm goofy footed ??? Also i have my pegs on right.

|

5/11/2017 5:48 AM

Nope. Sounds pretty normal footed to me. You're doing a switch whip, but your spins and grinds are normal.

|

5/11/2017 8:36 AM

I think you're normal.

I'm kinda goofy and kinda not. I'm right foot forward and spin left and grind left. But, I learned to grind and spin right (sprocket side). After a while I just got more comfortable the other way.

|

5/11/2017 4:36 PM

Do you have fun riding?

If yes, then it doesn't matter.

If no, then why are you still riding?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/12/2017 4:34 AM

I wouldn't get too hung up on terms like this, do what feels natural and easier to you, its slightly different if your goofy on a snowboard cos then you need to know what way your fixing bindings to your board, but on a bike and even a skateboard it doesn't really matter, I am Goofy footed on a snowboard and skateboard but on a bike i wouldn't say i have noticed me choosing a major preference.

|

5/13/2017 5:45 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

I wouldn't get too hung up on terms like this, do what feels natural and easier to you, its slightly different if your goofy ...more

Its pretty different in boardsports because the term just signifies which foot forward. "Regular" is left foot forward and "goofy" is right foot forward. With bikes, its more like being comfortable with spinning into your front foot side, grinding on your back foot side, throwing the bars into your back foot.... or a combination of any of the above. I really dont see how its bad since its just a rider finding a style that, to them its easy, but to others it may be hard, its like if a skateboarder is more comfortable with front boards than regular boardslides.

|

5/13/2017 3:51 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

I wouldn't get too hung up on terms like this, do what feels natural and easier to you, its slightly different if your goofy ...more

thairishguy wrote:

Its pretty different in boardsports because the term just signifies which foot forward. "Regular" is left foot forward and ...more

Exactly it's what comes natural and is comfortable

|

5/13/2017 4:11 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Its pretty different in boardsports because the term just signifies which foot forward. "Regular" is left foot forward and ...more

I didn't say its bad? i just said don't get too hung up on terms like goofy, regular, indian giver, etc, it as it doesn't really make a difference on a bike, just do what feels more natural and easier to him like any other rider, where as a board sport like snowboarding you "need" to know so you know which way you are footed before bolting your bindings to the board.

|

5/13/2017 9:41 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

thairishguy wrote:

weegaz22 wrote:

I didn't say its bad? i just said don't get too hung up on terms like goofy, regular, indian giver, etc, it as it doesn't ...more

Wasnt even implying that you said its bad (apologies if it seemed that way, wasnt my intention), but just a lot of riders when they find themselves in that footed situation think that its a "bad thing" and make threads asking for reassurance, rather than just taking it as it is and riding and learning sick lookbacks.

Cant really talk about bindings though, I tried wakeboarding for a month, hated being fixed to the board, moved to wakeskating. But I know what you mean about bindings though. Over here the cable parks are more designed for the right foot forward rider and the wakeboard bindings are set up accordingly also, which would probably work to your advantage more than mine.

|