Google Maps

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2018 10:39 AM

Any of you fellas use it to find spots?

|

9/28/2018 10:43 AM

You mean from Satellite view?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/28/2018 10:46 AM

I use it to scope out areas from time to time. I know I was going to be in an area for a couple hours while my wife was at a BJJ class. I took my bike to get some riding in. I saw the weather forecast calling for rain so I used the google maps to try to find a pavilion or other covered structure. It didn't work but that 3d (not street view) was dope at seeing an awning of a plaza. Was able to ride under that without worrying about rain.

But yeah, that 3d view option is nice and gives you a better idea of what's going on in the area.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

9/28/2018 11:08 AM

I use google maps to mark spots, google earth to search for some in urban areas, and my drone to explore even further.

|

9/28/2018 11:09 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

You mean from Satellite view?

Any view I guess.

|

9/28/2018 11:23 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

I use it to scope out areas from time to time. I know I was going to be in an area for a couple hours while my wife was at a BJJ class. I took my bike to get some riding in. I saw the weather forecast calling for rain so I used the google maps to try to find a pavilion or other covered structure. It didn't work but that 3d (not street view) was dope at seeing an awning of a plaza. Was able to ride under that without worrying about rain.

But yeah, that 3d view option is nice and gives you a better idea of what's going on in the area.

I'll have to try that. I just use the street view now.

|

9/28/2018 11:25 AM

the 3d view is nice to get an idea for places street view won't catch like inside of universities and behind businesses. I have used the street view from time to time as well

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

9/28/2018 11:26 AM

Yeah, usually if i already know something exists and i know the general area but need to find the exact spot. Speaking of spots, how much street do you ride in baltimore? I’m gonna start coming up there to ride once my shoulder is healed up and there is one spot i’ve seen a photo of i might need some help finding?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/28/2018 11:29 AM

yep and street view as well

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/28/2018 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 11:40 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yeah, usually if i already know something exists and i know the general area but need to find the exact spot. Speaking of spots, how much street do you ride in baltimore? I’m gonna start coming up there to ride once my shoulder is healed up and there is one spot i’ve seen a photo of i might need some help finding?

All the time back in the early 2000's. Been a while, though. Most places were/are capped now.

Hell yeah! I'm down if you make your way over here. Could probably get Baltimoron out too. I miss riding pure street and usually spend my Saturdays at the skatepark. unsure

What spot is it? The long brick ledges? The marble bank? There are some nice rails at Camden Yards, the ballpark. A really nice wall ride on the side of a highway too. Port discovery has that big ass ledge and city hall was always a good spot.

Oh, can't forget the famous curved brick wall ride. (Babe Ruth Memorial) And there were some low, long flat rails around the corner from there. It's all coming back now laughing

|

9/28/2018 12:08 PM

Always use street view. LOOOTS of spots in NYC are hard to find and in weird locations so it helps when I have a vague area of where a spot is and want to get a more precise idea.

There's a circular plaza near the top of Central Park that I used to pass on my bike when riding to work. I was always too focused on not getting run over to realize there are like 15 waxed flat ledges in the circle itself. I ended up trying to find it on google maps and I succeeded, good times had by all.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/28/2018 12:17 PM

I use the shit out of gmaps to find ponds to fish. I just back into riding so I’m going to use it for bmx too!!

|

9/28/2018 12:22 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Always use street view. LOOOTS of spots in NYC are hard to find and in weird locations so it helps when I have a vague area of where a spot is and want to get a more precise idea.

There's a circular plaza near the top of Central Park that I used to pass on my bike when riding to work. I was always too focused on not getting run over to realize there are like 15 waxed flat ledges in the circle itself. I ended up trying to find it on google maps and I succeeded, good times had by all.

I never did get to do a NY trip back in the day. Would still love to ride there one day. I gotta wait for a good NYHC show and make a weekend of it.

|

9/28/2018 12:26 PM

We use google maps a lot at work. We make custom made windows and doors, and the big boss uses street view to count the amount of windows/doors in a chosen building when he calculates the offers if he's too lazy to physically go theregrin I'm doing the designs and when we don't have any pics of the place I'll use street view to see what the site looks like and what I need to drawtongue

I should start using it for bmx too...

|

9/28/2018 12:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 12:36 PM

dead goon wrote:

I never did get to do a NY trip back in the day. Would still love to ride there one day. I gotta wait for a good NYHC show and make a weekend of it.

i can take care of you. real NYHC show none of this pussy shit im talking violent goon shit so if thats what youre into lmk ill give you details. also got hardcore guys in albany that ride too we're all 30+

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/28/2018 12:41 PM

Rabbe wrote:

We use google maps a lot at work. We make custom made windows and doors, and the big boss uses street view to count the amount of windows/doors in a chosen building when he calculates the offers if he's too lazy to physically go theregrin I'm doing the designs and when we don't have any pics of the place I'll use street view to see what the site looks like and what I need to drawtongue

I should start using it for bmx too...

Yep. I'm a graphic designer at a sign shop and they use it to look at signs and buildings to give rough quotes.

|

9/28/2018 12:47 PM

dead goon wrote:

I never did get to do a NY trip back in the day. Would still love to ride there one day. I gotta wait for a good NYHC show and make a weekend of it.

The doors are always open man! And you're a graphic designer as well?? I am too. laughing

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/28/2018 12:48 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

i can take care of you. real NYHC show none of this pussy shit im talking violent goon shit so if thats what youre into lmk ill give you details. also got hardcore guys in albany that ride too we're all 30+

lol Right on, man. I'm not sure my body can handle shows like it used to. I'm more of a, stand in the back an have a few drinks, kind of guy now, in my mid 30's. laughing

I just see Snapcase doing a few shows here and there (mostly Buffalo area) and I've never seen them live and have always wanted to.

|

9/28/2018 12:53 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

The doors are always open man! And you're a graphic designer as well?? I am too. laughing

cool cool cool
|

9/28/2018 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 1:04 PM

dead goon wrote:

lol Right on, man. I'm not sure my body can handle shows like it used to. I'm more of a, stand in the back an have a few drinks, kind of guy now, in my mid 30's. laughing

I just see Snapcase doing a few shows here and there (mostly Buffalo area) and I've never seen them live and have always wanted to.

im an hour north of NYC take the train down there, but we have a scene here our local bands are all out war, shai hulud, eye2eye stuff like that. NYC shows im at if youre in the back hiding youre a target saw dudes jumping off merch tables drop kicking people, people at the bar gettin swung on haha. these guys are playing my local venue next friday

?start=148
|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/28/2018 1:37 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

im an hour north of NYC take the train down there, but we have a scene here our local bands are all out war, shai hulud, eye2eye stuff like that. NYC shows im at if youre in the back hiding youre a target saw dudes jumping off merch tables drop kicking people, people at the bar gettin swung on haha. these guys are playing my local venue next friday

?start=148

Is this the Klan meeting or is that down the hall? laughing

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/28/2018 1:41 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yeah, usually if i already know something exists and i know the general area but need to find the exact spot. Speaking of spots, how much street do you ride in baltimore? I’m gonna start coming up there to ride once my shoulder is healed up and there is one spot i’ve seen a photo of i might need some help finding?

hit me up when you do, I love riding Baltimore

post the spot here, dead goon or I might know it.



also yeah I google shit all the time, if I see a spot posted on a spot search Instagram and it’s near me, I find that shit in minutes.it’s how I found that last kinker I did

|

9/28/2018 2:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 2:06 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Is this the Klan meeting or is that down the hall? laughing

out of everything you could possibly say, how did you come up with that? btw thats greenpoint in the video

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/28/2018 2:08 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

out of everything you could possibly say, how did you come up with that? btw thats greenpoint in the video

I have a dynamic sense of humo(u)r.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/28/2018 2:29 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I have a dynamic sense of humo(u)r.

so confused im like theres black guys dancing, band is from the bronx vocalist is dominican, drummer has an afro lol

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/28/2018 4:08 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yeah, usually if i already know something exists and i know the general area but need to find the exact spot. Speaking of spots, how much street do you ride in baltimore? I’m gonna start coming up there to ride once my shoulder is healed up and there is one spot i’ve seen a photo of i might need some help finding?

sundaybmxRR wrote:

hit me up when you do, I love riding Baltimore

post the spot here, dead goon or I might know it.



also yeah I google shit all the time, if I see a spot posted on a spot search Instagram and it’s near me, I find that shit in minutes.it’s how I found that last kinker I did

For sure! I don’t have the photo, it was on one of those spot ig stories. Dude said he would send me a pin but he never did haha. It was like a 15 stair with another stairset at a 90* angle at the bottom. Looked like i could haul ass and gap down the stairs and over the L rail. It was built on the side of a grass hill. He did tell me it’s in parkville, so i guess not technically baltimore, but in the area.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/28/2018 7:03 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

i can take care of you. real NYHC show none of this pussy shit im talking violent goon shit so if thats what youre into lmk ill give you details. also got hardcore guys in albany that ride too we're all 30+

dead goon wrote:

lol Right on, man. I'm not sure my body can handle shows like it used to. I'm more of a, stand in the back an have a few drinks, kind of guy now, in my mid 30's. laughing

I just see Snapcase doing a few shows here and there (mostly Buffalo area) and I've never seen them live and have always wanted to.

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

im an hour north of NYC take the train down there, but we have a scene here our local bands are all out war, shai hulud, eye2eye stuff like that. NYC shows im at if youre in the back hiding youre a target saw dudes jumping off merch tables drop kicking people, people at the bar gettin swung on haha. these guys are playing my local venue next friday

?start=148

Love, All Out War. Saw them two years ago and they still killed it.

|

9/28/2018 7:06 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

For sure! I don’t have the photo, it was on one of those spot ig stories. Dude said he would send me a pin but he never did haha. It was like a 15 stair with another stairset at a 90* angle at the bottom. Looked like i could haul ass and gap down the stairs and over the L rail. It was built on the side of a grass hill. He did tell me it’s in parkville, so i guess not technically baltimore, but in the area.

Ah, I'm not that familiar with Parkville.

|

9/28/2018 7:11 PM

dead goon wrote:

Love, All Out War. Saw them two years ago and they still killed it.

yea mike yells at us "come on you pussies im in my late 40s and i have more energy than you" new album should be out soon, mike laird loves em too

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/28/2018 10:19 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

For sure! I don’t have the photo, it was on one of those spot ig stories. Dude said he would send me a pin but he never did haha. It was like a 15 stair with another stairset at a 90* angle at the bottom. Looked like i could haul ass and gap down the stairs and over the L rail. It was built on the side of a grass hill. He did tell me it’s in parkville, so i guess not technically baltimore, but in the area.

yeah not too familiar with Parkville either, I know there's a couple handrails there I've seen posted and found using Google maps and shit, but can't think of the spot you're talking about offhand. Maryland and the Baltimore area is loaded with spots though

|