Got a little problem

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2013 9:24 AM

So, I don't know if my sporcket is bent or not (it doesnt look bent at all) but it seems like halfway through my pedal (using my hands) it gets a little harder to pedal then loosens up... my chain gets tense then loosens up. Im going to assume its my sprocket.... but I wanted some opinions before i buy a sprocket

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/8/2013 9:37 AM

Try loosing your whole crank assembly and the sprocket bolt, Then tighten it all back up and the sprocket bolt last. if it doesn't fix it then it may be bent, my sprockets straight and my chain does that from time to time. Bikes are fucking odd.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/8/2013 9:41 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Try loosing your whole crank assembly and the sprocket bolt, Then tighten it all back up and the sprocket bolt last. if it ...more

I did that and immediately after it was doing the same shit... but ill try it again and if that doesnt help ill just buy a damn sprocket >.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/8/2013 9:47 AM

Make sure it isn't going up and down when looked at from a side view. Then also check your driver on your hub.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/8/2013 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2013 9:55 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Make sure it isn't going up and down when looked at from a side view. Then also check your driver on your hub.

Now that you say that... when I watch it it seems like it wobbles slightly when its peddling
Could this be beacuse its bent?

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/8/2013 10:16 AM

It probably has a small bend, but it's honestly not the biggest deal. If you can still ride it without having to make your chain super loose it should be good. Sprockets just get bent over time. I def get a new one every once in a while...

|

10/8/2013 10:18 AM

zachkrejmas wrote:

It probably has a small bend, but it's honestly not the biggest deal. If you can still ride it without having to make your ...more

Yeah, I can only afford bars for now ^.^ SO i gotta tough it out.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨