Got a spontaneously purchased new to me bike.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 1:05 PM

Just picked this up. 20.8" 2011 Free Agent Lodus. I'm going to put my MacNeil Tabernak bars on it and maybe change the seat. I'll do a bike check later. Just stoked to have a way less clunky bike.

Photo

Photo

|

6/5/2018 1:44 PM

Noice

|

Hmmm

6/5/2018 2:07 PM

Sweet.
I’m not the only spontaneous buyer here.

|

6/5/2018 2:17 PM

Wish I had more spontaneous opportunities, haha. Nice buy!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/5/2018 2:27 PM

Oh wow Freeagent is a blast from the past. I was jonesing for one of these back in the day.

Photo

Anyone 'member?

|

6/5/2018 4:38 PM

jbales wrote:

Oh wow Freeagent is a blast from the past. I was jonesing for one of these back in the day.

Photo

Anyone 'member?

Thanks fellas. I'm pretty happy. Just put the Tabernaks on and it feels and looks way better. Of course it started fucking raining as I finished.

My buddy had that bike. I had a Trek Vert 3 at the time.

|

6/5/2018 10:00 PM

jbales wrote:

Photo

Anyone 'member?

Yes, because you would have to go to... ah wait I will google a picture of one of my old race bikes and then let’s see who remembers ?? I didn’t run the same seat or Fred Z bars...but past that pretty damn close right down to the 46T and Redline 401 Flight cranks (180mm).

Photo

|

6/6/2018 1:09 PM

I had a free agent as a kid... All i remember about it was it was chrome and the bars would always slip. That and it was SUPER HEAVY. but i was a small child in like elementary so maybe it wasnt as heavy as I remember. Lol

And no...you are not the only spontaneous buyer. I have a problem.

|

6/6/2018 2:05 PM

jbales wrote:

Photo

Anyone 'member?

Gack2000 wrote:

Yes, because you would have to go to... ah wait I will google a picture of one of my old race bikes and then let’s see who ...more

Ahhh I miss eating my dinner off my sprocket. Can't even fit half a sammich on one now.

|

6/6/2018 8:16 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I had a free agent as a kid... All i remember about it was it was chrome and the bars would always slip. That and it was SUPER ...more

It probably was that heavy. My last mid school bike was 40 pounds.

It's kinda funny. I bought that blue premium to mess around on, found it clunky as fuck, and just started looking at craigslist for deals. Couldn't pass it up. It's my early fathers day present.

|

6/6/2018 8:46 PM

jbales wrote:

Photo

Anyone 'member?

Gack2000 wrote:

Yes, because you would have to go to... ah wait I will google a picture of one of my old race bikes and then let’s see who ...more

jbales wrote:

Ahhh I miss eating my dinner off my sprocket. Can't even fit half a sammich on one now.

? My last race bike is considered heavy by most people who ride street/dirt/park/vert now! And funniest thing about it is that it was only 29lbs

|

6/6/2018 11:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 11:33 PM

jbales wrote:

Photo

Anyone 'member?

i had one of those 2004 free agent tigercats then i got a volume dinosaur but

same color as this

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc_0105p50_blowup.jpg

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/dsc_0106p50_blowup.jpg

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

6/7/2018 2:11 AM

jbales wrote:

Photo

Anyone 'member?

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

i had one of those 2004 free agent tigercats then i got a volume dinosaur but

same color as this

...more

I had a Volume Destroyer. It had the end of the top tube curve down into a wishbone with the seat tube going through it. I used to love double wishbone frames like that. They’ve ruined everything! And I’m old.

|