Got a weird issue here

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2017 1:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2017 1:39 AM

I honestly have no clue at all how the hell this happened.Photo Legit the wishbone shrunk or something and I know it wasn't the whole front wheel coaster thing because I was just running this hub the other day.. anyway this shit is bent and I wanna know if there's any way this can be fixed, or am I completely boned?

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

6/27/2017 2:27 AM

stretch the bitch

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/27/2017 4:18 AM

^ that, pretty much your only option. Steel is strong so it shouldn't really have a huge affect on the structural integrity

|

6/27/2017 4:56 AM

You ran a front wheel in the back, and you don't think there is a connection? I would bet that's exactly what did it. Just jam that wheel back in there. Pull them apart a little.

The spacing is narrower on a front wheel then the back so when you tightened the wheel, you pinched the frame together.

|

6/27/2017 7:12 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

You ran a front wheel in the back, and you don't think there is a connection? I would bet that's exactly what did it. Just jam that wheel back in there. Pull them apart a little.

The spacing is narrower on a front wheel then the back so when you tightened the wheel, you pinched the frame together.

This 100%. Can't say I've ever heard of a rear triangle just shrinking for no reason...

|

6/27/2017 8:20 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

yup frame is super pinched

way to go

|

It’s all bmx

6/27/2017 9:46 AM

Wasn't pinched 2 days ago when I ran my cassette. (Stopped running the front wheel last week BTW) something else must've happened to it that didn't involve the front wheel. Oh and I used a cone nut that solved the clearance issue.. hell I even made a post about it a bit ago. Not the front wheel. This problem came up yesterday again almost a week after the I stopped using the front wheel

|

BOTTOM TEXT

6/27/2017 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2017 10:26 AM

Stretch it. That's your only option, and regardless of how your frame got pinched, that's your only solution

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

6/27/2017 12:46 PM

Did someone step on it with no wheel in there?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/27/2017 1:00 PM

Took me a little while but after hammering the shit out it I finally got it back to normal. Hopefully I didn't weaken it much but given the rear is hi-ten, I probably shortened it's lifespan a bit haha

|

BOTTOM TEXT