Got bored...

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2017 11:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2017 11:42 PM

Got bored with the red and black on my barcode, just ordered a new kmc710 kool chain in silver black to replace the red chain. New black brake cable, new fit Mac pedals in red black swirl to replace the clear reds and I had to grab the sublimated print kink seat to top it all off. Some times you just need a change up in the colourway ya know? How often do you guys upgrade/ change looks? I'm on average about every 6 to 8 months and something is new... Its cheaper than a new build at least, I'll throw up a new bike check once its all installed.

|

9/6/2017 11:58 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Got bored with the red and black on my barcode, just ordered a new kmc710 kool chain in silver black to replace the red chain. ...more

I was pretty into switching up the finish of my frame, fork and bars for a while. Grips just wear out, and tires switch up a look pretty quick. But ya, I switch out parts as they fail or no longer suit me. The parts I no longer use or want, I sell or give to friends. I also like to modify things on a pretty regular basis. I have done that with everything my entire life though. smile

|

9/7/2017 12:14 AM

Its always good to keep things fresh plus I'm pretty sure I've had my chain on since 2012. Tires are a super quick way to change it up. Im gunna keep all my old stuff and use it when I buy a park frame later this year... Your bike looks pretty sweet currently man, just checked out your bike check.

|

9/7/2017 12:44 AM

Haven't really fucked around with my bike too much for the last while now ... besides a coaster which isn't a huge "change" bike wise , I've put on way smaller bars ( 9.5 to 8.85 ) and they've stayed on for a fair bit .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/7/2017 1:17 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Its always good to keep things fresh plus I'm pretty sure I've had my chain on since 2012. Tires are a super quick way to ...more

Like a low slung frame? Have any specific models youre looking at? Thank you by the way! I would have been riding today if i didnt mess my foot up yesterday...was trying to teach my friend how to 180 on your nose to fakie slider. Ended updoing something wrong, cause now I cant walk and my foot is swollen like a ballon! Lol

|

9/7/2017 7:38 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Its always good to keep things fresh plus I'm pretty sure I've had my chain on since 2012. Tires are a super quick way to ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Like a low slung frame? Have any specific models youre looking at? Thank you by the way! I would have been riding today if i ...more

Im on the hunt for the FBM gypsy.... hard to find apparently here in Canada.

|

9/7/2017 9:31 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Like a low slung frame? Have any specific models youre looking at? Thank you by the way! I would have been riding today if i ...more

BcBMX80 wrote:

Ive heard good things about that frame, good luck! Do you live near any major cities?

|

9/7/2017 9:56 AM

Yeah I love to change my bike up when I get the money... it's brings new life to you and your bike...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/7/2017 3:14 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

A guy I know has one for sale on here and Facebook-he is trying to sell the whole bike at this point (from what I see on Facebook).

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/Well-I-knew-it-would-happen-eventually,1314934#post_2261207 is the thread it is in.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/7/2017 3:58 PM

Word thanks for that.

|

9/8/2017 2:43 PM

I remember you're bike check. I wanted a barcode when I was in my 20's and too broke to even think of owning one. It's nice to change things up a bit. I changed the seat, tires, bars and grips on my bike. Nothing wrong with any of that stuff but not for me. Well actually the tires were horrible but everything else was ok. I gave the old bars to my wife, seat to my kid and the tires were garbage so that's where they went. The extra bonus is that changing that stuff gave my wife's bike(my old Haro X-24)a bit of facelift too. She got the old bars and I got her a new seat so her bike is all black and chrome/silver now. Looks pretty good and the bars are way higher than whatever the crappy bars that came with the X-24 were. Changing stuff up is fun.

|

9/9/2017 12:12 AM

Honestly this frame amazes me with the amount of shit I've put it through, the age and the fact that its fine is a testament to Joe rich and the boys at T1.

|

9/11/2017 12:31 PM

Ohhhh weeeee.... New parts, I'll post a new bike check once done installing
Photo

|

9/11/2017 12:52 PM

That's a cool seat.

|

9/11/2017 1:47 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

That's a cool seat.

It is except now I need a kink stealth post or I need to find me a 185 mm Allen key lol. Bastards....

|

9/11/2017 1:58 PM

Anyways, pedals are on, new brake cables installed, slammed the rear wheel to make her a bit more park friendly and installed a dope kmc 710 chain in silver black. Off to home depot for an 8 inch hex so I can get the new seat on.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/11/2017 2:44 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

That's a cool seat.

BcBMX80 wrote:

It is except now I need a kink stealth post or I need to find me a 185 mm Allen key lol. Bastards....

LOL, that sucks. I didn't notice it was a stealth seat. Guess you didn't either. smile Bike looks good. That seat will really tie it together.

|

9/11/2017 3:48 PM

yeah...that chain is bad ass...got me thinking....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/11/2017 7:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2017 7:18 PM

Got her... Switched the bars back to chrome and ordering new bars a little taller. What a difference an inch and a half makes eh? ( thats what she said) on the cs eh? going from 14.5 to 13.00 is huge... Really notice a difference. happy with her now, feels like a new bike again.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/11/2017 8:19 PM

Refreshing to see brakes! I dont understand fully why the brakeless stuff is happening...anyway Bike looks cool. Tasteful and the color scheme is attractive.

|

9/11/2017 9:19 PM

That looks awesome! What kind of bars are you getting? 2 piece or another 4 piece? i love Chrome bars, they look good with pretty much everything.

|

9/11/2017 9:52 PM

Thanks man.! Honestly I like both but I feel more comfortable riding 2piece bars... Maybe a set of BSD or another united set, I'll order whatever I can find thats tallest, cheapest and chrome lol.

|

9/11/2017 10:04 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Refreshing to see brakes! I dont understand fully why the brakeless stuff is happening...anyway Bike looks cool. Tasteful and ...more

Brakeless is something I'll do in time. It definitely helps you learn better bike control and makes a shit ton more sense in a park, especially after how many times youll catch yourself braking when your learning to ride bowls etc. For general traffic, street riding etc, it doesnt make much sense to not run brakes on an all around setup.

|