Got me some goodies from Albe’s

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2019 7:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 8:01 PM

I've had a 2012 Fit Eddie Cleveland or maybe its a VH1 (Im not sure) frame that has been pieced together with random parts that make it feel nothing like my main bike, and as such I just never ever wanted to ride it because it felt awful. Tonight I received a little shipment of parts from Albies, I put it all on that fit frame and it feels almost identical now to my Whammo(which I love so much).. Anyway, here's a peak at all my goodies! Can you tell I'm excited.I'll post a pic of the bike when I can get it in the daylight.

Also, I'd like to add; I don't reccomend buying the Volume pivotal post(its total shit compared to the kink one I have), and the Verde Cartel 2 forks seem pretty nice in hand, but they will NOT fit a 2.4, as my 2.3 gt pool tires are so close to rubbing it's a bit alarming. Looks like I'll need to downsize to 2.25's which I prefer anyways. Also, the cable knarps worked out great. And I’m stoked as hell about that DG seat with jersey barriers and stuff. So cool!

|

1/11/2019 7:23 AM

Nice! But why no used panties?

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/11/2019 7:29 AM

PSA: Inflated sized and labeled size are 2 different things about 90% of the time these days.

Meaning my 2.0 Demolition Momentum tires were wider than my current 2.3 Primo tires.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

1/11/2019 8:17 AM

Albes*

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/11/2019 8:20 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Albes*

Fixed 👍

|

1/11/2019 8:21 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Nice! But why no used panties?

The Wife wouldn’t approve 😆

|

1/11/2019 9:56 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Albes*

*Albe's

|

1/11/2019 1:17 PM

dead goon wrote:

*Albe's

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

|

1/11/2019 1:21 PM

I did wonder why it’s pronpunced like that though. I always had it sounding like “Albs” in my head, not “Albies” like most people day.

|

Jamie Bales - Vital's first class piss taker.

1/11/2019 1:43 PM

I'm curious to know why the Volume pivotal post is shit? Every seat post I've owned has been identical other than logo..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/11/2019 2:53 PM

jbales wrote:

I did wonder why it’s pronpunced like that though. I always had it sounding like “Albs” in my head, not “Albies” like most people day.

I also always thought it was pronounced "Albs". Until one day I needed to ask them a question and they were like, "Thanks for calling Ablie's, how can we help you?" Totally confused the shit outta me

|

1/12/2019 11:54 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'm curious to know why the Volume pivotal post is shit? Every seat post I've owned has been identical other than logo..

To answer your question, and forgive me the the lengthyness;
We all know the teeth on a pivotal seat's base fit directly into a corresponding set of teeth on top of the post. Well both pivotal seats I own have exactly the same teeththat are of the same quality and look identical. However the two pivotal posts I have, a Kink and this Volume Foundation are not of the same quality. There are two slight differences, one, the Volume measures 25.2ishmm which makes it want to move around in the seat tube unless I really crank the snot out of the seatpost clamp, but the biggest issue with this volume is the post teeth are not on par with the kink one. The kink teeth are pretty sharply machined and fit into the seat teeth very precisely. The Volume teeth on the post are rounded a bit, and definently do not fit nicely or evenly into the seats teeth. Think of gear meshing together. The teeth mesh nicely on the kink but to get the teeth to mesh on the volume took a good bit of tightening the pivotal allen bolt to pull them into eachother.

I believe it won't matter much after its tightened up but its machining is nothing like the kink one. It's the little things I guess, but it put me off when the teeth didn't mesh nicely to my brand new seat. Also the volume posts diameter measured 25.25/25.3, the kink measured 25.4/25.43. I had to crank the snot out of the seat post clamp to get the volume one tight. Seems like trivial things, but hey, this is my synopsis take from it what you will.

|

1/12/2019 12:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2019 12:05 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

PSA: Inflated sized and labeled size are 2 different things about 90% of the time these days.

Meaning my 2.0 Demolition Momentum tires were wider than my current 2.3 Primo tires.

My Gt Pool tires with 40psi measure 2.33 wide
My BSD Donnasqueaks with 45psi measured 2.19/2.21 wide.

So nominally the mfg'ers listed width was pretty much spot on for these two tires at this inflation pressure.

|