Grind box should i buy it.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2014 9:29 PM

My friend is selling his grind box for 30 i want to know should i buy it so i can learn feeble I'm thinking of buying it. The spec are 14 inches tall 13 inches wide and 4 3/4 foot long. Would that be good of to learn feeble on since I'm a beginner. Pics Photo

|

4/9/2014 9:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2014 9:37 PM

I would not trust that thing i'd just save the $30 and get someone to/u build a box like this http://diyskate.com/ledge_01.html obviously labor will be more if you get someone else to build it for you. This seems easy too

Good luck..
|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/9/2014 9:48 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

I would not trust that thing i'd just save the $30 and get someone to/u build a box like this http://diyskate.com/ledge_01.html obviously labor will be more if you get someone else to build it for you. This seems easy too

Good luck..

Thanks for the tips. But I'm not good at building things yet i have to wait until my junior year to take shop class. So could the site build me a box and ship to my house? Or they are telling me what i need to do to build a box.

|

4/9/2014 9:52 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Good luck..

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Thanks for the tips. But I'm not good at building things yet i have to wait until my junior year to take shop class. So could the site build me a box and ship to my house? Or they are telling me what i need to do to build a box.

I'm saying like maybe find some carpenter that's willing to do it..

|

4/9/2014 9:59 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Good luck..

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Would they be able to that if i call and ask them could they build me a grind box.

|

4/9/2014 10:08 PM

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Would they be able to that if i call and ask them could they build me a grind box.

I don't fucking know it's just a how-to. Just go on craigslist and post a ad on gig's/labor or just search for one and get your dad or mom to talk to them or something someone will do it.

|

4/9/2014 10:12 PM

I wouldnt buy it man. but if you dont care about money and you are fine with replacing it when it folds down on you then yeah $30 is nothing. Thats like one dvd here and you get to ride this one but like a dvd it will break if you ride on it

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/9/2014 10:17 PM

The how to is very easy to follow.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

4/9/2014 10:21 PM

neophyte16 wrote:

The how to is very easy to follow.

Yeah like there isnt that much to folling dimentions using a drill and a powersaw........Or is there? ahahahahha

|

4/9/2014 10:35 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

I don't fucking know it's just a how-to. Just go on craigslist and post a ad on gig's/labor or just search for one and get your dad or mom to talk to them or something someone will do it.

Ok i will try craigslist. To fine someone to build a grind box but i got to ask my parents to see would they let do that.

|

4/9/2014 10:41 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

I wouldnt buy it man. but if you dont care about money and you are fine with replacing it when it folds down on you then yeah $30 is nothing. Thats like one dvd here and you get to ride this one but like a dvd it will break if you ride on it

Yea 30 is nothing i thinking of buying still because i want to learn feeble grinds i don't live close to a skate park. I don't want to go to a random spot to try to learn feeble. But you guys don't trust the box.

|

4/9/2014 10:56 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

kidbmx0000 wrote:

Yea 30 is nothing i thinking of buying still because i want to learn feeble grinds i don't live close to a skate park. I don't want to go to a random spot to try to learn feeble. But you guys don't trust the box.

Yeah, get the box and i doubt you will be flying sidways into it anytime soon so it should hold up for a while.
But yeah it will be really good for learning tricks on. I made myself a 4ft flat bar to practice on and it helped me alot so the same should apply for you too

|

4/9/2014 11:01 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

Yeah, get the box and i doubt you will be flying sidways into it anytime soon so it should hold up for a while.
But yeah it will be really good for learning tricks on. I made myself a 4ft flat bar to practice on and it helped me alot so the same should apply for you too

Thanks man. I kinda don't get what you mean about i doubt you be flying sideways anytime time soon.

|

4/9/2014 11:31 PM

Id doint my self. 8ft long, 1ft wide and 1 fat tal. Its really easy. I did one in 1.5 hours

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/10/2014 9:22 AM

4 and 3/4 feet long is really short to learn grinds (unless it was icepicks or toothpicks). With that box you'd only really be able to go slow and feeble stall or do a feeble and just fall of the end. Like T-rider said build one that's 8 feet long, cause then you'll have time to really balance it and hop out and make it look clean

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/10/2014 9:23 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

4 and 3/4 feet long is really short to learn grinds (unless it was icepicks or toothpicks). With that box you'd only really be able to go slow and feeble stall or do a feeble and just fall of the end. Like T-rider said build one that's 8 feet long, cause then you'll have time to really balance it and hop out and make it look clean

^^^^^

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/10/2014 9:36 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

Thanks dude. I was wondering why it look smaller then the grind boxes i seen. So if i want to learn icepicks and toothpick should still buy it or should i learn feeble first.

|

4/10/2014 9:41 AM

You would be better off building a longer one. Then you can learn feebles but also ice and toothpicks. The last 2 are usually easier to learn on something shorter, so you could always build a longer box and then just ice or tooth the last foot, then as you get better work your way up to sliding the whole thing

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/10/2014 9:51 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

You would be better off building a longer one. Then you can learn feebles but also ice and toothpicks. The last 2 are usually easier to learn on something shorter, so you could always build a longer box and then just ice or tooth the last foot, then as you get better work your way up to sliding the whole thing

im not really good at building stuff just yet i know i can watch videos on youtube on how to's build one and ask my dad can help me.

|

4/10/2014 10:00 AM

kidbmx0000 wrote:

im not really good at building stuff just yet i know i can watch videos on youtube on how to's build one and ask my dad can help me.

I haven't built one myself as I don't run pegs ATM but my friend has a pretty decent one that his dad built. It seems pretty easy, and I can get pics of his if that would help

|

-HardBMX_Tim

4/10/2014 10:02 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

kidbmx0000 wrote:

I know for experience that is really easy. Do it and learn something new!

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/10/2014 10:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2014 10:12 AM

I since site that has the step by step on building a grind box it had picture showing the stuff you need so that i can understand how to build one.

|

4/11/2014 9:39 AM

Spend the 30 on wood to make a 2 ft by 2 ft by 8 foot box.

You need about 6-8 2x4s and a sheet of plywood to cover at least the top and one side (We used the chip board aka OSB to save money). Then about 10-15 bucks for Angle or Tubing for coping on it, and a box of screws.

All together, MAYBE 50 bucks for a 2x2x8 box.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/11/2014 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2014 10:11 AM

I have a detailed how to on youtube, it costs about $80 to make one, but if you didn't paint it and use different plywood you could probably get it down to around $50, however if you build it exactly how I show in the how to it will last you forever.

Here is the how to:

Here is a pic.
8ft long, 2 ft wide, and 18 inches tall
Photo
|

4/11/2014 10:37 AM

ifufanu wrote:

I have a detailed how to on youtube, it costs about $80 to make one, but if you didn't paint it and use different plywood you could probably get it down to around $50, however if you build it exactly how I show in the how to it will last you forever.

Here is the how to:

Here is a pic.
8ft long, 2 ft wide, and 18 inches tall
Photo

Dave thanks for telling me what size wood i need to buy how much it going cost.

ifufanu thanks for the how to viedos this really going to help me and my dad my and one of my friends.

im happy i ask you guys before i brought it. it look smaller then all the one i had seen.

|