Grindboxes

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2018 6:50 AM

Everyone has ideas for grind boxes. I wanna hear them before i make one.

|

4/10/2018 7:17 AM

An old fridge freezer from a scrapyard.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

4/10/2018 9:36 AM

Verde Kid wrote:

A cardboard box with nails sticking out of the top.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2018 11:31 AM

Verde Kid wrote:

*Shyly raises hand*

I don't...maybe I should think of some?

I'm gonna go think of some. I'll be back.

This....is fuckin awesome.

https://bmxunion.com/blog/insight-the-shadow-conspiracy-coffin-build/

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/10/2018 11:58 AM

Ideas as in how? Or dimensions?
18" high, as long as you can get away with. Make it strong. You could cut it to fit a scaffold pole, but neatly mounting the pole isn't easy. Or just screw a bit of angle iron to it. Recessing the angle iron into the wood would be good, but not really a necessity

|

4/10/2018 11:33 PM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

An old fridge freezer from a scrapyard.

When I was re-doing my bathroom the other week I used my old bathtub in the back garden as a grindbox laughing

|

4/10/2018 11:37 PM

Frame box

|

4/11/2018 6:28 PM

I saw a diy one at a park where its a cinder block wall with angle iron on it. I just wanna hear ideas of what i could do or use

|

4/11/2018 6:38 PM

Verde Kid wrote:

I saw a diy one at a park where its a cinder block wall with angle iron on it. I just wanna hear ideas of what i could do or ...more

Photo
+
Photo

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/11/2018 7:34 PM

Verde Kid wrote:

I saw a diy one at a park where its a cinder block wall with angle iron on it. I just wanna hear ideas of what i could do or ...more

HavokDJ wrote: Photo
+
Photo

Grinder cardboard box?

|

4/11/2018 7:37 PM

Grinder+box=grindbox
Sorry, im just filling in for adamnmexican right now

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/11/2018 7:40 PM

Lol i got it was being a smartass

|

4/11/2018 7:46 PM

Verde Kid wrote:

Lol i got it was being a smartass

Basically the life of adamnmexican lol. Honnstly though I just flatland so I can't even help with an idea for a grindbox lol. Diyskate.com has a good plan for one though.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/11/2018 8:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2018 8:13 PM

The easiest way by far is to buy a giant freezer, fill a square container with water, place that in the freezer, wait a few days for it to solidify, then take it out.

Just like that, you've got a giant grind box of ice. You don't even need wax. Best part is that your tire, like your peg, will have no traction. It also gives a whopping 2 minutes of use.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/12/2018 4:17 AM

OK though seriously for a nice grind box male it 16 inches tall and as long as you can also put angle iron on one side and coping on the other.

|

Hmmm

4/12/2018 6:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 6:46 AM

I'm kinda working on a 3 pc modular box that can setup a few different ways and always fit in my truck bed.

Consists of 18"talll 6ft long box, and 2-6ft long up ledges from 9" to 18". Internal clasps to hold them together when joined. so you end up with a few configurations to use. i'd obviously prefer a longer flat box portion but requirement 1 is fitting in truck bed as it has no permanent location.

|

4/12/2018 6:48 AM

readybmxer wrote:

The easiest way by far is to buy a giant freezer, fill a square container with water, place that in the freezer, wait a few ...more

I have one of those freezers that they store meat in at restaurants (not a meat locker, just a normal freezer), but I'd have to fill it up with water to get it usable.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/12/2018 6:56 AM

jmz313 wrote:

I'm kinda working on a 3 pc modular box that can setup a few different ways and always fit in my truck bed.

Consists of ...more

lol, 9" is basically grinding by rolling over the edge on the box.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/12/2018 6:57 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Consists of ...more

Make 4 of them thatlls fit sideways in ur bed then make them join together like a subrosa rail. Itll be the diy box.

|

4/12/2018 7:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 7:06 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Consists of ...more

Verde Kid wrote:

Make 4 of them thatlls fit sideways in ur bed then make them join together like a subrosa rail. Itll be the diy box.

Actually, I saw that rail and that shiz is janky.
Do it like the S&M slide-a-pipe connector, that thing's solid.
EDIT, I didn't state why it's janky. I saw the video for it and when the dude grinds over it the thing flexes like a wacky inflatable tube man.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/12/2018 7:13 AM

It does flex a good bit. Feels solid tho. Its bolted together

|

4/12/2018 7:42 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Consists of ...more

HavokDJ wrote:

The minimum height that you can grind on a 20 is 10 and a half inches depending on the tyres so yeah it would be just rolling over.

|

Hmmm

4/12/2018 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 7:56 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Consists of ...more

HavokDJ wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

The minimum height that you can grind on a 20 is 10 and a half inches depending on the tyres so yeah it would be just rolling ...more

Its 18" high.

Tt the ends of the 6ft up ledges it will have dipped to 9".

Basically the last 6-8 inches of the 18 total foot ledge will be lower than the 20" peg height. This will allow for Slappy type grinds for me and my friends and then, my kids with their 16 and 18" wheeled BMX bikes, will have an easier hop on to work up the hops.

I figure 16ft is enough to grind for me.

|

4/12/2018 7:54 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Consists of ...more

Verde Kid wrote:

Its what i'm doing except its 3 sections that fit length wise.

|

4/12/2018 7:59 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Ideas as in how? Or dimensions?
18" high, as long as you can get away with. Make it strong. You could cut it to fit a scaffold ...more

This.

18" X 2 feet X 8 feet minimum.

Angle on the edges-drill and countersink screws in the angle ON THE TOP (keep em away from tire sidewwalls). Round off the ends of the angle to make it less sharp. I've seen a 3-4" wide flat metal or plastic strip put against the angle on top for pegs to slide better on. Your call on that.

Make a 2X4 frame, have ribs on the top every 8"-12", then ply on top. Ply on the sides you grind as well. Up to you if you want to make one end taller than the other or not. You could always prop one end up for an up/down box.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/12/2018 8:28 AM

I saw someone around here grabbed 3 or 4 wood packing pallets, nailed them together, and then angle iron on the upper edges...not too heavy to move around...definitely DIY, but it was cheap. I can imagine after a while i would get beat up pretty bad...not as tough as a solid box

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/12/2018 8:36 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I saw someone around here grabbed 3 or 4 wood packing pallets, nailed them together, and then angle iron on the upper ...more

I was actually thinking about this yesterday, but yeah I imagine it would get busted up after a while.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican