Grinding

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2013 12:15 PM

Hi
i have two questions
1. What could happen if I grind with pegs without any hubguards ?
and
2. I have one United Direct 2.30 tire and one Demolition Momentum 2.35 tire. Which one do you think its better to put in the front and which one in the back?
Thanks

|

7/28/2013 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2013 12:21 PM

1 you'll tear up your hub/spokes. Your hub will still last but not as long

2 direct up front for grip, momentum up front for looks.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/28/2013 12:25 PM

well if you grind without a hub guard your going to eventually fuck up your hub/ flanges and spokes they'll last like said above but not as long

as for the tire I would probably just put the momentum in the front because they have a really thin side wall and they have a problem ripping from rubbing during grinds from what I've been told

I don't grind though so some one else can probably give you better advice

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/28/2013 12:47 PM

momentum in the garbage, get something else. momentums suck if you grind. i've gone through 3. you'll just bend your spokes(possibly break some) and scratch your hub from grinding

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/28/2013 12:48 PM

im pretty sure the momentum is bigger so it should go up front. grinding without hubguards will be fine for a little while its just gonna scrtch ur hub and spokes... depending on what you grind u should be fine til u can afford some hub guards.if your grinding like brick ledges then probably not but grinds on ramps and even rails will be fine for a while... atleast in my experience.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/28/2013 1:06 PM

i dont run bub guards simply due to i am good at not hitting my hubs during grinds so there isnt rely much use for me having hub guards, and demo in he front

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/28/2013 1:12 PM

I wouldnt use either of those tires. Haha i mean i have a momentum but they are made of paper. haha there is the fact that if you intend on grinding a lot it will tear up hubs and spokes. I think they make grinding smoother. I cant icepick properly without a rear hubguard! it makes it easier for me. I dont have a front guard just yet, i am gonna get a Gsport gland guard just to smoothen out my toothpicks.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/28/2013 1:28 PM

tomdon wrote:

momentum in the garbage, get something else. momentums suck if you grind. i've gone through 3. you'll just bend your spokes(possibly break some) and scratch your hub from grinding

Mine are a year old with a bit of grinding, not a single issue yet.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2013 5:09 PM

well i have been grinding for ages and you will be fine along as you learn not to grind on the hub and stay on the pegs smile

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/29/2013 8:13 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

well i have been grinding for ages and you will be fine along as you learn not to grind on the hub and stay on the pegs smile

if i were op i would buy guards and once i got good at grinding if i wanted to take the guards off if i didnt want them. Me myself will also use guards

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

7/29/2013 8:49 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

G-LandRider wrote:

if i were op i would buy guards and once i got good at grinding if i wanted to take the guards off if i didnt want them. Me myself will also use guards

Yeah i have a RHD hub and grind on the right as well so i am quite happy i haven't landed on it yet. going to pick up a hub guard though because i also might have that day where it all goes to shit.
So i'm thinking the primo DSG (metal one) for my mix off empire what do you guys think? will it last it i am to come down on it hard?

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/1/2013 6:50 AM

so momentum in the front will be better?
wouldnt it be better in the back because it will help me to be more stable during manuals :D

|

8/1/2013 6:56 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

G-LandRider wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

Yeah i have a RHD hub and grind on the right as well so i am quite happy i haven't landed on it yet. going to pick up a hub guard though because i also might have that day where it all goes to shit.
So i'm thinking the primo DSG (metal one) for my mix off empire what do you guys think? will it last it i am to come down on it hard?

get the plastic. the metal deforms easy

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/1/2013 12:08 PM

kisame2660 wrote:

so momentum in the front will be better?
wouldnt it be better in the back because it will help me to be more stable during manuals :D

maybe but you want over all performance and if you have a bigger tire in the rear you will be out of control while doing fakies

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/1/2013 5:32 PM

I have guards on with no pegs currently...lame or no?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/1/2013 9:15 PM

1. You'll mostly likely damage your hubs and spokes.
2. Always put the bigger tire up front.

|

REFS: Hatebreeder, Wolfen, Dolphin, ImCareb, ecuadevil, mnsketch, Showtime402, Dee Hos, ScramHype, howlerfbm, Mserno75, blueep3piece, handlebar-to-face, skubasteve, james.mcdermott, Alex_Kemp and many more . . .

8/1/2013 9:19 PM

asilva23 wrote:

1. You'll mostly likely damage your hubs and spokes.
2. Always put the bigger tire up front.

This. Especially if you're just learning to grind.

|

8/1/2013 9:27 PM

Just get hub guards. Ignore everyone saying "learn to grind on your pegs". If it were that easy why do pros bother using hubguards?

|