Grinding

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2013 8:37 PM

So I had pegs on and was getting close to grinding but from fucking up on grinds I bent my fork dropout a little and kept knocking my front wheel out of center from landing on the peg since its on the axle. So does anyone have any tips because I took my pegs of after that but I wanna learn some new tricks and I'm tired of doing just 180's and failed attempts at 360's so I wanna at least learn basic grinds. Also would plastic sleeves be a good idea for my pegs since there aren't really any good smooth ledges around me to practice grinding.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/17/2013 8:40 PM

dont learn double pegs first learn feebles...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/17/2013 8:45 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Everyone's different.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/17/2013 8:47 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

When I was trying to grind one time I accidentally did a feeble lol I might try that.

|

My Fit

10/17/2013 9:58 PM

Stock fork dropouts are pretty much guaranteed to bend from grinds, happens to everyone.

|

10/17/2013 10:10 PM

brianoob wrote:

Stock fork dropouts are pretty much guaranteed to bend from grinds, happens to everyone.

That pretty much explains that part, but is there a way to stop the front wheel from shifting or does that happen to everyone sometimes.

|

My Fit

10/18/2013 12:36 AM

brianoob wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

That pretty much explains that part, but is there a way to stop the front wheel from shifting or does that happen to everyone sometimes.

Tighten it down

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

10/18/2013 4:45 AM

No, it shouldn't bend. They bend easier because the wheel is tightened down enough. I see people barley tighten their wheel and its scary. The bitch needs to be tightened pretty good.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

10/18/2013 8:18 AM

Don't buy plastic pegs,use the money you were going to use to buy plastic pegs and build a grind box.

|

10/18/2013 8:21 AM

Jumping is much cooler then grinding......build a box jump

|

10/18/2013 8:22 AM

Plastic pegs are nice, but since your just learning buy some wax or a candle from the dollar store and just wax the fuck out of ledges.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/18/2013 9:20 AM

eskimojay wrote:

noone asked how cool jumping is.

|

10/18/2013 10:39 AM

eskimojay wrote:

bmx_joshua wrote:

You where dropped on your head as a child, weren't you?. There is a space between no and one you know?

|

10/18/2013 12:05 PM

Jumping into & out of grinds is cooler than both...lol

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/18/2013 12:16 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Jumping into & out of grinds is cooler than both...lol

This is true

|

10/18/2013 1:51 PM

Depending on your set up you'll wanna try different grinds. If you have a legit rail, learn double pegs, ice picks, tooth picks and whatever else. If you have a ledge, you'll probably wanna try to learn feebles first.

Do it whichever way you please, I just wanted you to to be aware of my experiences with learning grinds.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

10/18/2013 3:44 PM

If you're just learning grinds then metal pegs are probably best. Also a feeble is probably the easiest grind to learn first but to each his own.

|

10/18/2013 7:24 PM

I took my front peg off because today I was trying to grind and feebles seem easier then double pegs, plus less pegs makes my manuals easier.

|

My Fit

10/18/2013 9:44 PM

Feebles first! don't get too crooked on them though, just enough for your front wheel to stabalize.
On double pegs just don't slam your front wheel down, lay it on whatever you're grinding and not too long after let your back peg get on.
Smith grind is like a double peg for me except I go at less of an angle and all you gotta do is swing your back end on.
Don't really mess with stuff like icepicks, hangers, etc. until you're really comfortable with double pegs and feebles, I would even not mess with smiths until you're comfortable with getting your back peg on.
Hope this helped!

|

10/18/2013 10:17 PM

danielclark_e wrote:

Feebles first! don't get too crooked on them though, just enough for your front wheel to stabalize.
On double pegs just don't slam your front wheel down, lay it on whatever you're grinding and not too long after let your back peg get on.
Smith grind is like a double peg for me except I go at less of an angle and all you gotta do is swing your back end on.
Don't really mess with stuff like icepicks, hangers, etc. until you're really comfortable with double pegs and feebles, I would even not mess with smiths until you're comfortable with getting your back peg on.
Hope this helped!

So what you said about double pegs, are you saying let my front peg grind then whip my back onto the ledge instead of just hoping onto the ledge?

|

My Fit

10/19/2013 1:55 PM

eskimojay wrote:

bmx_joshua wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

You where dropped on your head as a child, weren't you?. There is a space between no and one you know?

The funny thing is my step-bro actually was and I always give him shit for it tongue

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

10/19/2013 6:23 PM

danielclark_e wrote:

Hope this helped!

fitbikerider14 wrote:

So what you said about double pegs, are you saying let my front peg grind then whip my back onto the ledge instead of just hoping onto the ledge?

Yeah, you wanna get on just barely nose heavy and then use that momentum, the key to double pegs is that front peg on first and go at a slight angle

|

10/19/2013 6:53 PM

This is what happens when you go to crooked on feebles Photo

Yes thats me...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/19/2013 8:10 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

This is what happens when you go to crooked on feebles Photo

Yes thats me...

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

10/20/2013 10:54 AM

danielclark_e wrote:

Yeah, you wanna get on just barely nose heavy and then use that momentum, the key to double pegs is that front peg on first and go at a slight angle

Thanks man I'm going to have to try that, I think the trickiest part is to find a good ledge because theres perfect size ledges at my high school but they all have grooves like every 3 feet on them that kind of fuck you up.

|

My Fit

10/20/2013 10:55 AM

Lol if "If you get too crooked on your feebles your gonna have a bad time"

|

My Fit

10/20/2013 1:45 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

danielclark_e wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Thanks man I'm going to have to try that, I think the trickiest part is to find a good ledge because theres perfect size ledges at my high school but they all have grooves like every 3 feet on them that kind of fuck you up.

Right on man, and just practice getting on and wax the shit out of it! haha for me I've noticed I spend about 5 minutes waxing a ledge and I'm running plastic pegs, but the ledge I do is pretty rough haha

|

10/24/2013 9:38 PM

eskimojay wrote:

bmx_joshua wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

No actually I wasn't and how does that have to do with anything? And oops I forgot a space. Big woop. It's just annoying that all u talk about is how sick it is that u can go fast and jump a box. I jump too it was just bothering me that I saw u posting something on every forum about jumping.

|