Grip killer / Sweaty palms Grip Reviews

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2014 6:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2014 7:58 PM

So i've been experimenting with new grips lately to find the "perfect grip". I have extremely sweaty/slippery hands and I tear through grips, so Ive been in the search of something with horizontal tread for extreme grip that lasts a good time. With everything ive tried, heres what I got.

Subrosa Skeleton Crew
Pretty rough compound, not too slippery, lasted me a year before I took them off. I believe the ones I had may be discontinued though im not positive. It was a couple years back.
Grip: 6.5
Comfort: 4 (biased)
Durability: 10

ODI Super Soft
My opinion is biased on these because I hate vertical tread grips. However, they lasted me a good six months and were my favorite vertical treaders. Didn't have much problems with slipping which is good. Really soft and grippy compound.
Grip: 6
Comfort: 4 (biased)
Durability: 10

Fly Ruben
Hate these grips with a passion. Felt like they were made of nylon and my hands couldn't stay on to save my life. 1 week on them and a set of blistered palms later and I took them off.
Grip: 2
Comfort: 1

Fit Tech
Felt really thin. Extremely comfortable and grippy. Lasted a little over a month before stretching outwardly and having 24/7 throttle grip because of it. Started showing wear after about 3 weeks.
Grip: 8
Durability: 6
Comfort: 5.5

Alienation Backlash
Extraordinarily thick, rough on the palms, and pretty short. Took them off after two months because they were shredding my hand, barely any wear. Would be my first recommended grip for glove riders.
Grip: 9.5
Durability: 8
Comfort: 3

Federal Contact
Felt amazing, surprisingly comfortable. Slipped like butter and started balding in a matter of weeks. Was unrideable after a month.
Grip: 5
Durability: 4
Comfort: 7.5

Primo Simmons
OHMYFUCK. Grippiest, most comfortable grips ive ever ridden. My hands did not go anywhere and the deep tread felt like sex. If I could afford to replace them every other month I would never run another grip. Started wearing after 3 weeks, worn to metal after a month and a half.
Grip: 9.5
Comfort: 10
Durability: 6.5

Fly Ruben
Absolutely garbage. I had blisters up abd

Odyssey Aitken
My absolute favorites. Been riding these almost every day for the past five weeks. Absolutely no sign of wear. Pretty damn comfortable and equally grippy. My hands never slide off these things. They do feel a bit thin however.
Grip: 8.5
Comfort: 7
Durability: 9.5

Anyway, I have a feeling these Aitkens will be the last pair of grips ill be trying! But if that changes ill post some more reviews on this thread.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/28/2014 6:17 PM

Try Dugan Grips i promise they are the best.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2014 6:32 PM

Nice post! helpful for almost everyone as we go through grips monthly it seems.
Where do odi ss grips rank on the list? They are my current grips, so I want to see how much better or worse all the grips you have tried are compared to odi's.

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

8/28/2014 7:55 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Nice post! helpful for almost everyone as we go through grips monthly it seems.
Where do odi ss grips rank on the list? They ...more

Updated

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/28/2014 8:07 PM

thanks!

|

BIKE CHECK

8/28/2014 8:48 PM

Dugan grips are so sooo good

|

8/29/2014 2:40 AM

Dugan grips

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/29/2014 3:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2014 9:25 AM

I've try lot of grips, but I everytime coming back to the ODI LONGNECK.

They are simply the best, for grip and comfort (little hard when they are new, but reallly perfect after a few sessions)
Also the most durable grip ever, you can ride them for over a year with any problem, the grip is not "slick" (like a lot of grips after only a few month)

|

8/29/2014 3:28 AM

Francky wrote:

I've try lot of grips, but I everytime coming back to the ODI LONGNECK.

They are simply the best, for grip and comfort ...more

I find them slippy

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/29/2014 5:29 AM

I like my odi's too, but I guess dugan grips are definitely on the list to try

|

BIKE CHECK

8/29/2014 6:45 AM

I swear by longnecks, but I run gloves. They've been holding up great for about six months now.

|

8/29/2014 8:34 AM

Used to ride fit logo grips all the time switche to odi s&m lock ons now that's all I ride

|

8/29/2014 9:32 AM

I also ride my odi longneck with gloves 80% of time, but even without them my hands still loves my grips.

|

8/30/2014 5:34 AM

Deffo Dugans, or if you can find them, Hawks.

The Hawks are really fat.

|

8/30/2014 7:39 AM

This is something vital needs. I vote if you ask about or recommend grips, THIS is how to do so.

And as to sweaty hands, I too have them, and have found just standard ODI longnecks have worked well for me. I give them a solid 10/10.

Mine last me on average 1-2 years before I choose to swap them, but I also do not death grip all the time. I am loose handed unless I am doing something or hauling ass.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/31/2014 11:54 AM

I just bought some new primo anthony boy flores grips in purple, and damn they are extra extra comfy and extra grippy too! Not sure about lifespan atm, but I'd buy these again as soon these wear out even if I was getting new ones every 6 months, these are worth it imo. lol This is coming from a cheapster. lol

|

8/31/2014 11:57 AM

merritt crosschecks
like gummy grips? they have great grip and dont slip
like vertical or horizontal spines? flip them over and you have diagonal tread, best of both worlds

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/31/2014 12:00 PM

And what do you guys think about these - http://revengeindustries.com/products/da-kine-grips/
I just found a pair of these, a friend gave them to me bout an year ago
the grips I have right now are almost fully worn out soo I think of putting these Revenge ones on
what do you think about them, has anybody had experiences with them?

|

8/31/2014 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:35 PM

kisame2660 wrote:

And what do you guys think about these - http://revengeindustries.com/products/da-kine-grips/
I just found a pair of these, a ...more

this is the most retarded question that i have ever heard
you already have them, find out for your own self

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/31/2014 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2014 12:02 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

merritt crosschecks
like gummy grips? they have great grip and dont slip
like vertical or horizontal spines? flip them over ...more

best grips to me imo i havent fully broken them in yet so thats probably why whenever my hands get super sweaty they slip

|

8/31/2014 12:08 PM

Gum Merritt Crosschecks 1000%. There's nothing like them. I bought 3 extra pairs the day after I put them on. Long, grippy, they laugh at sweat, can be run two different ways. I stand by them. Aside from Animal Edwins (which for me will always be the greatest) Crosschecks are by far the best new grips to come out.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

8/31/2014 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:35 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Gum Merritt Crosschecks 1000%. There's nothing like them. I bought 3 extra pairs the day after I put them on. Long, grippy, ...more

I've been riding them since they came out, gone through 6 or more pairs, not changing
Like I bought a pair a week after they were released, best ever and Charlie is a boss

|

8/31/2014 12:17 PM

I love my Rubens, but I also like hard grips. My 2 favorites have been Rubens and Fit BF

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/31/2014 1:56 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

Deffo Dugans, or if you can find them, Hawks.

The Hawks are really fat.

I have the Hawks, they are super comfortable and have a decent grip, but the durability could be better, 1 month later and they are pretty much bald.

|

8/31/2014 4:20 PM

There's a reason companies keep copying the odi mushroom design. Tim, I say change the odi grip. Id give it an 8 on grip, 10 on comfort, and a seven or eight for durability. Or create a separate little review for it.

|