Grippy tire suggestions?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2013 5:12 PM

I currently have some pretty worn-out Kenda tires that came stock on my bike. Today at the skatepark, I slid out and fell twice. Once was when I was just turning on flat ground because of a small amount of sand. So, could you guys give me some suggestions on some good, grippy tires? I ride mostly park and some street. I also would prefer for the tires to be under $30. I was thinking maybe a Fit FAF for the front and a Demolition Momentum for the back.

|

8/9/2013 5:14 PM

Odyssey Aitken

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/9/2013 5:15 PM

Just got a 2.25" Demolition Machete and it seems to be faster and grippier than my Aitken. I'm more confident with it at least.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/9/2013 5:24 PM

demolition tires have extraordinary grip. machete's grip everything. momentum dont grab slick wood/concrete so well but fine anywhere else

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/9/2013 5:52 PM

Thanks, guys! I'm thinking Momentum in the back and Machete in the front.

|

8/9/2013 5:56 PM

I've heard a LOT of good things about Gum Top/Black Wall Cult Dehart Tyres. I'm pretty sure i am going to get myself a set!

|

8/9/2013 6:07 PM

I don't really like the way they look, but I will consider them.

|

8/9/2013 6:12 PM

Love my Aitkens and have a ross in the rear just bc it was mad on sale. Heard good thing about the demo machetes though

|

8/9/2013 11:57 PM

Everyone I know that has had Momentums say they are terrible, and they wear out really fast.

|

8/10/2013 8:26 AM

i am running a Aiken 2.25 in the front and a machete 2.25 in the rear. LOVE IT

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/10/2013 9:12 AM

Khe tires grip amazing. Best rubber compound.

|

fack off

8/10/2013 1:10 PM

Maxxis grifter, tioga powerblocks, fly rubens

|

8/10/2013 1:21 PM

Recently I tried some gum dehart tires and they feel weird but still very grippy

I just replace my front undertaker for a fly rubben. The undertaker last long and is very grippy. The rubben is more grippy but wear faster.

And for the back tire just go with some hawks

|

8/10/2013 2:51 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Everyone I know that has had Momentums say they are terrible, and they wear out really fast.

yeah same near me they seem to flat really easy

|

8/10/2013 7:12 PM

2.25 machetes front and back. ive been running it since christmas and i love the setup. i ride park and street with an occasional trail session.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram