Grips containing lead

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2016 12:45 PM

Got a new pair of Eclat grips..turned over the package to find it contains lead and other harmful chemicals. I've never purchased anything for a bike with this warning. Not sure I want to use them. Am I just being paranoid? Thoughts? Photo

|

1/20/2016 1:18 PM

i think its fair to be concerned, and so does California. i don't know anything about the actual risk of using those grips but i'd rather run a pair that doesn't contain lead, if there are any. my 2 cents.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

1/20/2016 1:27 PM

Everything we touch and eat contains bullshit ass chemicals , we're all gonna die anyways , I'm pretty sure it's just that state cracking down on industry labels / safety , and thus made them have that on. I'm sure a lot of things contain lead but it wouldn't be in production if it wasn't a minimal amount

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/20/2016 1:27 PM

What the fuck

|

1/20/2016 1:40 PM

Just don't ingest them (put them in your mouth) and you will be fine. I don't think running a pair of grips will ruin your life. Now if you were around lead-based paint or other materials your whole life, you might have health problems in the future. But otherwise i wouldn't worry about it.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

1/20/2016 1:40 PM

You'd be surprise on the number of everyday household items that contain harmful chemicals, especially the kitchen.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/20/2016 2:09 PM

If you are worried, don't use em or get some gloves.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2016 2:26 PM

In case you weren't aware, processed rubber is pretty inorganic. Duh.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

1/20/2016 2:27 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Everything we touch and eat contains bullshit ass chemicals , we're all gonna die anyways , I'm pretty sure it's just that ...more

Everything IS chemicals...

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

1/20/2016 2:49 PM

waiting for eclat to swoop in just like in the bar/stem resize thread lol

|

1/20/2016 2:59 PM

man i bought a speed rope that had the same stupid warning. i looked it up like wtf, it's dangerous to hold a speed rope now... and saw people claiming California has a host of idiot safety regulations and rules. don't smoke or chew or swallow your grips, don't put it in your body through any orifice and leave it there, or surgically implant it, and you should make it. note that only CA thinks it's a problem...

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/20/2016 3:05 PM

Everything we touch and eat contains bullshit ass chemicals , we're all gonna die anyways , I'm pretty sure it's just that ...more

motogrizz wrote:

but is everything bullshit ass chemicals specifically? laughing

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/20/2016 3:05 PM

No wonder so many dumb famous celebritys come out of California , they got way to many damn safety regulations(even with a ton of automotive stuff) , instead of humans evolving they're going backwards , they otta cut all those safe hippie rules and regulations out and let natural selection do its damn work

|

1/20/2016 4:07 PM

Yeah the fact the it states only CA recognizes it as a health hazard should show its not a major concern. If the product was truly dangerous it would be unanimously recognized by federal agencies who would not allow it to be sold by distributors in the US. California is notorious for its health and environmental regulations. The simple fact that there was a little bit of lead in the manufacturing process is enough for CA to make companies put a warning on their products. It doesn't necessarily mean there is enough lead in the product to be harmful.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

1/20/2016 4:52 PM

We all end up in a hole in the ground anyway. What does it matter?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/20/2016 5:12 PM

It matters big time those hippy motherfuckers don't want you led poisening the envirement after your little wood box decays

|

1/20/2016 6:02 PM

eskimojay wrote:

It matters big time those hippy motherfuckers don't want you led poisening the envirement after your little wood box decays

lmao dude i know that's hyper sarcastic, but all i can picture is a skeleton in a rotting coffin, hands all crossed, with a single grip suspiciously laying sideways on his pelvis. decades prior at his funeral people are explaining he wanted to be buried specifically with the grip placed in expression of his love for BMX.

and now the environment holds its breath.

|

1/20/2016 6:23 PM

That's amazing

|

1/20/2016 7:01 PM

motogrizz wrote:

deepdiarrhea wrote:

but is everything bullshit ass chemicals specifically? laughing

This

+1 for this Deep guy , too lazy to spell the rest

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/20/2016 8:12 PM

California puts label on everything. If you buy a car in Cali it comes with a sticker saying the car might cause cancer.

|

Old man (38) riding a kids bike!
IG @WoodyWood808

1/21/2016 5:46 AM

everything in cali gives you cancer. worst state in america when it comes to rights and freedom, 2nd is NY

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

1/21/2016 10:07 AM

Photo

Does it mean my shoes gonna die?
|

1/21/2016 11:50 AM

I like how they are "chemicals know to the state of California" as though no other states know about them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/21/2016 1:04 PM

They say that so dumbfucks like Sunny Jomofo doesn't heat the damn grip up into a puddle and snort it . It's just a legal thing where they basically can't get sued because of it .

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/21/2016 1:21 PM

I think they mean since its a grip and your hand touches it, that you should wash them before say eating a sandwich. Pretty fucked up to me but no surprise Brayden is defending them though he prob has shoved a couple up his ass and now has lead poisoning .

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

1/21/2016 1:30 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

everything in cali gives you cancer. worst state in america when it comes to rights and freedom, 2nd is NY

Best state for pussy though?

I heard a 10/10 in other states is like a 5/10 in cali.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/21/2016 1:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2016 1:46 PM

The factory/ warehouse that makes these probably recycles lead and other hazardous chemicals in there facility. This causes particles to get into the dust which then ends up over everything else and ends up being detected... Well maybe not, but I have heard of this happening before... lol

Buy some US made grips if you don't want to absorb that stuff through your sweat glands... You know OSHA wouldn't let US manufactures put lead in bicycle grips. People have a fit over lead in bicycle tubes...

|

1/21/2016 1:44 PM

one try kid wrote:

Going back to my home land in So-Cal next week to visit... I'm looking forward to the bud, but welcome the kitty smile

Also your statement is very true.

|

1/21/2016 2:12 PM

i work in the plumbing industry and as of the last couple years, they've gotten serious as fuck about stuff being lead free. thats because this stuff touches the water we drink. as far as grips go... i think what people have said is valid - don't ingest the grip and it shouldn't cause harm haha.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

1/21/2016 2:35 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

one try kid wrote:

If you like plastic women maybe.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura