Gsport

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2015 8:20 PM

I am thinking of buying the gsport mk3 gland hub guard. It is basically my only option because it is really cheap. Only $9.99! Does anyone have any other cheap options? (Oh and I'm new to this site)

|

2/4/2015 8:41 PM

best bang for your buck. They're pretty good fpr only being $10 so go for it

|

2/4/2015 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2015 9:01 PM

I ran em for a while. They're super good and protect much more of your spokes from grind damage
They're a huge pain in the ass to take off if you use the zip ties though

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/4/2015 9:17 PM

I use them because im just starting to learn how to grind and they were cheap but they are holding up very well

|

2/4/2015 9:24 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I ran em for a while. They're super good and protect much more of your spokes from grind damage
They're a huge pain in the ass to take off if you use the zip ties though

Wait so you can use it without the zip ties?

|

2/4/2015 9:43 PM

Just make you don't care about grinding down the lock/cone nuts on your hub. It's a SPOKE guard, not a full on hub guard. Plus, you'll eventually want to upgrade if you ride real rough and slam sideways and all the sort. Eventually, you'll put pull marks in your hub flanges, and if your zipties are strong enough, they'll eventually bend the spokes in as well. I've ran one for almost a year and my hub was still fairly okay, not in the best condition though. Long story short, best budget "hub" guard.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/4/2015 9:57 PM

crazybmxboy wrote:

Wait so you can use it without the zip ties?

You can use a rope/shoelace thing it comes with but everyone says it comes loose after a while so I would recommend zipties

|

2/4/2015 10:00 PM

oahz24 wrote:

You can use a rope/shoelace thing it comes with but everyone says it comes loose after a while so I would recommend zipties

Yup but the zip ties are asker to install IMO

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/5/2015 7:55 AM

I ride one in the front and back its pretty g ive had mine for years sometimes the zip ties need to be replaced, they can snap if you grind away at em for a long time but theyre dope

|

Rails not Trails

2/5/2015 8:29 AM

It's good, just dont use zipties it comes with.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/5/2015 9:21 AM

you can make the same thing out of tupperware that you steal from your mommy lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/5/2015 10:30 AM

Zip ties are snappy shit. Use the shoelace looking thing. Takes like 5 minutes longer to install and the guard will move just a little bit if you force it to, but it'll last a lot longer.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/7/2015 10:25 AM

spend a couple bucks more and grab something chromoly like a dg guard

i honestly am still holding out for the new merritt universal guard, it hooks onto the spokes and seems like a beefier gland with a better attaching method

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5