Gsport Ratchet

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2010 1:47 PM

My nitrous hub is fucked up, so i'm gonna assk for a gsport for christmas. Is it true that the ten tooth ones are better than 9?

|

I ride Eastern!
Eastern-Shadow-Cult-Kink-Odyssey-Primo-Snafu-Tioga-Kmc-Nitrous-Hoffmann-Fsa-Stolen
^ My bike's brands!
Grant Giesey: Eastern Tramp Frame, Gyro, Occasionally 4 pegs, 20.5lbs without pegs
refs: Bstick X2, ScramHype, future FBM, BEATASSDICKwink

12/3/2010 1:53 PM

I've heard the 9s generally have more problems.
Another great hub recomendation is the Demolition Rolls

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

12/3/2010 1:54 PM

eod1214 wrote:

link. and i really would like a female rear hub.

|

I ride Eastern!
Eastern-Shadow-Cult-Kink-Odyssey-Primo-Snafu-Tioga-Kmc-Nitrous-Hoffmann-Fsa-Stolen
^ My bike's brands!
Grant Giesey: Eastern Tramp Frame, Gyro, Occasionally 4 pegs, 20.5lbs without pegs

12/3/2010 1:59 PM

eod1214 wrote:

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

link. and i really would like a female rear hub.

get a macneil or demo

|

12/3/2010 2:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 5:04 AM

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum

12/3/2010 2:01 PM

i think the question now more is should i get a Gsport or maybe a madera?

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

12/3/2010 2:03 PM

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

i think the question now more is should i get a Gsport or maybe a madera?

Thats a tough one.
I'd got madera but only beacause ive heard the 9th g sports have problems.

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011

12/3/2010 2:03 PM

Get a ratchet, no need to buy any other hub, ever.

Best hub ever made, and thats not just an opinion.

|

12/3/2010 2:04 PM

Booshy wrote:

but is it worth it in 9 tooth?

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

12/3/2010 2:05 PM

if you want 9 tooth get a mix!

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

12/3/2010 2:08 PM

carjakester wrote:

if you want 9 tooth get a mix!

not really. I dont really care if it's nine or ten. and plus i want a female axle and i just don't like the look of the mix.

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

12/3/2010 2:10 PM

Booshy wrote:

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

yeah, trust me its very rare for anyone to break that hub, and the driver lasts forever. Some guy I know of got a personal letter from George French (G sport boss if ya don't know) because he broke it.

|

12/3/2010 2:12 PM

Booshy wrote:

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

Booshy wrote:

yeah, trust me its very rare for anyone to break that hub, and the driver lasts forever. Some guy I know of got a personal letter from George French (G sport boss if ya don't know) because he broke it.

wow. I was thinkin about goin with the madera but i want the g sport now!

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

12/3/2010 2:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 5:04 AM

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011

12/3/2010 2:13 PM

Booshy wrote:

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

Booshy wrote:

I've seen it break in some way so many times or it just felt like shit after a few months, with no mods or anything. Either America is getting different hubs, or something is up with quality control.

|

12/3/2010 2:14 PM

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

Booshy wrote:

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

wow. I was thinkin about goin with the madera but i want the g sport now!

Its money well spent. If ANYTHING breaks, no matter what, the part or the whole hub will be replaced if you contact G-sport, whether its manufacturer defect or you manage to break it.

What ever you do don't buy a Madera lol, especially not over a ratchet.

|

12/3/2010 2:16 PM

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

Booshy wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

I've seen it break in some way so many times or it just felt like shit after a few months, with no mods or anything. Either America is getting different hubs, or something is up with quality control.

Weird. But other hubs break all the time, especially profiles. Ratchets probably have the lowest breakage rate if it was ever possible to calculate it.

|

12/3/2010 2:19 PM

Booshy wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Booshy wrote:

Weird. But other hubs break all the time, especially profiles. Ratchets probably have the lowest breakage rate if it was ever possible to calculate it.

I'm with you on the Profile thing. I'll never own a Profile/Madera hub again. But I think the mix ranks pretty high up there, too. I think I've only seen one broken axle, and so many people ride them. I just feel like the Ratchet drivers are so hit or miss, between the original 9t problems to some little o-ring thing I've seen broken before. Just my opinion though.

|

12/3/2010 2:24 PM

i had a 9t ratchet for a while and i liked it a lot

|

12/3/2010 2:25 PM

Kenealy wrote:

Booshy wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

I'm with you on the Profile thing. I'll never own a Profile/Madera hub again. But I think the mix ranks pretty high up there, too. I think I've only seen one broken axle, and so many people ride them. I just feel like the Ratchet drivers are so hit or miss, between the original 9t problems to some little o-ring thing I've seen broken before. Just my opinion though.

Mix is a sick hub, and its really cheap, would probably run one if my first choice wasn't a ratchet. The team riders for the shop I work in have broken like everything, frames, forks, bars, rims, seats, headsets.. the lot. They all have one part in common that hasn't broken, the ratchet lol. I like other hubs too like the mix, and the eclat teck and the new pulse, I just believe that the ratchet is.. sick in every way apart from it looks kinda fat haha

|

12/3/2010 2:39 PM

Booshy wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Booshy wrote:

Mix is a sick hub, and its really cheap, would probably run one if my first choice wasn't a ratchet. The team riders for the shop I work in have broken like everything, frames, forks, bars, rims, seats, headsets.. the lot. They all have one part in common that hasn't broken, the ratchet lol. I like other hubs too like the mix, and the eclat teck and the new pulse, I just believe that the ratchet is.. sick in every way apart from it looks kinda fat haha

Funny, I'm the complete opposite. I love the way the hub looks. Hell, if i could have Primo internals in a Ratchet shell, I'd do it. But hey, if the Ratchet has been good for them, then maybe everyone else around her had some sort of user error. Never know, could have gotten a bad shipment, too. Although besides the Ratchet, we have similar taste in hubs... haha.

|

12/3/2010 2:44 PM

eod1214 wrote:

gay

|

OTB BMX

12/3/2010 3:01 PM

Ive had my ratchet 9t for a few months no problems at all.

|

REFS:

Traded: meowmoo68, kevinl, martinnn1004, RideTemec

Sold to: RyanMC (x2), Dennis916, Dave805, sunday.bmx21, brendon1207, kevinl

Bought: Brock Larson

email: scwright99@hotmail.com