Gsport Ribcage

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2014 9:25 PM

48hole laced to an odyssey hazard v3...

I did this while grinding today. Also popped two tires, had to buy some heavy duty bell tire from walmart. 4mm thick outer wall, im not complaining. Lol im not sure if this link will work for you guys, im currently on my phone and it wont let me post pictures. It looks a lot worse in person, trust me.

https://twitter.com/ShowMeYourB00ty/status/446139731143700480

|

3/18/2014 9:34 PM

For the lazy

Photo

Is that the fucking tube poking through!? I have a few of those on my Ribcages, but not that bad haha

|

3/18/2014 9:35 PM

Dent went through both of the walls, so yes its the tire. Im not even sure what to do about it.like do i patch it with something or...

|

3/18/2014 9:38 PM

I would not even have that together right now, that's asking for a quick flat tire!

If anything, put like something sorta of thin but also hard in the way of the rim & tube. Really not sure what though offhand, but even then only ride that if you need to & until you get this sorted out. Contact G-Sport asap & see if they can do anything, they should.

|

3/18/2014 9:39 PM

Here's mine, not as bad thoughPhoto

|

3/18/2014 9:41 PM

Well what should i di then... Take it apart and do what...?

|

3/18/2014 9:45 PM

let the air out definitely, then take it off your rim. You could try putting a small piece of cardboard right in that area to stop the tube from popping out, but even then I wouldn't advise that cause it could slip or somehow rip though.

Another thing you could do is file down the sharp edges & do the cardboard thing, but idk if G-Sport would void the warranty or not if you did that so yeah.

|

3/18/2014 10:11 PM

Tires not popping out, only the tire. I rode it all day today with it, held up fine. Maybe ill give gsport a call, see what they can do.

|

3/18/2014 10:12 PM

Meant tube isnt popping out, only tire.

|

3/18/2014 10:17 PM

Well if it's just the tire it's not as bad, but still bad. I'd still cover it with something though if you really wanna ride it, but be advised that can ruin the tire AND tube

|

3/18/2014 10:23 PM

Planning on putting electric tape on the rim where the rim tape is and on the wall of the hole. Then refill the tire, and fill the hole with caux from the outside. Not a great fix, just dont want junk in there yaknow.

|

3/18/2014 10:27 PM

Holy shit! That's literally a hole! You must've fucked up on your grind BAD.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/19/2014 6:52 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Holy shit! That's literally a hole! You must've fucked up on your grind BAD.

Was doing double pegs and attempting feebles for like ten minutes straight, went onto the half pipe, looked at my wheel, noticed this huge ass hole. All i fucked up on was feebling, double pegs were smooth.

|

3/19/2014 8:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2014 8:51 AM

Am I seeing that right? Is that hole through the square edge of the rim? If so, I'd be afraid of wadding that rim up like a piece of tinfoil.
A flat piece of sheet metal is pretty flimsy but if you bend that piece of metal it stiffens up and becomes structurally rigid. If you put a hole in that bend it's going to lose that rigidity and that's what has happened to your rim. If it was mine I wouldn't be riding it.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

3/20/2014 7:55 AM

Buddy told me to bondo it. Lol

|

3/20/2014 8:04 AM

TKeck wrote:

Am I seeing that right? Is that hole through the square edge of the rim? If so, I'd be afraid of wadding that rim up like a ...more

ti feel the same lol

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 8:54 AM

TKeck wrote:

Am I seeing that right? Is that hole through the square edge of the rim? If so, I'd be afraid of wadding that rim up like a ...more

T-rider wrote:

ti feel the same lol

Its brand new. I don't want to have to stop running it. So how the hell can I fix it.

|

3/20/2014 9:15 AM

StoreBoughtChild wrote:

Its brand new. I don't want to have to stop running it. So how the hell can I fix it.

If it's brand new can't you get it warrentied?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/20/2014 9:29 AM

Try warranty, g sports usually really cool about warranting parts

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/20/2014 9:34 AM

Brand new or not, there is no fixing that. I'd contact GSport and see if they will warranty it.
Don't bondo it! Bondo will do nothing more than fill the hole. It won't make the rim structurally sound again. It's your safety at risk but my advice is to replace the rim.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

3/20/2014 10:38 AM

If anything I think the sidewall itself would slowly begin to split off the rim right there. I definitely wouldn't run it. Hit up Gsport. Surely theyll hook you up.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/20/2014 12:55 PM

G will warranty it.

I've seen this a few times before and I believe it's caused by the relatively hard aluminum alloy. Most likely makes it easier for the rim to shear like that.

|

3/20/2014 2:41 PM

TKeck wrote:

T-rider wrote:

ti feel the same lol

StoreBoughtChild wrote:

Man, just warranty it before you fuck it.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/20/2014 9:49 PM

dayum.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/20/2014 9:49 PM

I would try and warranty dat shit.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "