Gsport pleg V2 or Fit Wizards sleeves?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2013 2:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 2:08 PM

Ive never rode plastic pegs before. Can save with Wizard sleeves but money isnt a concern. How well does the Gsport Pleg hold up?

Just looking for some insight for has anyone who had experience with the older plegs, or someone who may be on the v2 or wizards now.

I suppose the wizards may benefit on the ends from wearing out since they sit flush with the peg when the plegs dont.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/16/2013 2:11 PM

I ran OG Plegs for god knows how long, i replaced the sleeve a few times. I have seen them fail drastically one guy had his literally explode! But the V2s are supposedly the solution to this.

Wizard Sleeves however, just slide over any 34mm OD Peg. The were designed using the Fit OG Pegs which come in 100mm (4") & 112mm (4.5") & because you have a full length Steel Peg supporting the Sleeve it will not deform & eventually fall apart. It will eventually just die from grinding. Dan Conway has been on the same set of Wizard Sleeves for almost a year! I'd go with these tbh.

|

8/16/2013 2:19 PM

i have ridden neither but would go with wizard sleeves for the reasons topsey stated

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/16/2013 2:30 PM

plegs. fuck wizard sleeves. $13 for a piece of plastic? I think i'll pass. Plegs are a core and a sleeve. You're best bet however is cult butters. It's a peg, a sleeve for the peg, and a spare sleeve all for $20. That is the smart investment

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/16/2013 3:56 PM

make your own peg sleeves dude. take a soda can and cut off the ends. cut across the can from one end to the other and wrap it snug around the peg. you can cut off the excess soda can or just leave it wrapped around. duct tape the can together and there you go. slides right on and off

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/16/2013 4:11 PM

crazyclark wrote:

make your own peg sleeves dude. take a soda can and cut off the ends. cut across the can from one end to the other and wrap it snug around the peg. you can cut off the excess soda can or just leave it wrapped around. duct tape the can together and there you go. slides right on and off

Who the fuck makes a metal sleeve for a metal peg? And soda can and duct tape? what the fuck?

|

8/16/2013 4:13 PM

crazyclark wrote:

L0Lages! What The Actual Fuck are you on about?! The O.P is talking about PLASTIC Pegs or PLASTIC Sleeves! Also as Tom mentioned who the fuck makes Metal Sleeves for Metal Pegs out of a fucking Soda Can & Duct Tape?! laughing

|

8/16/2013 4:17 PM

haha the sode can thing made me smile.

I rode sleeves for a couple of rides and I ated it. It feel very weird when grinding. thats really not my thing

|

8/16/2013 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 4:31 PM

tomdon wrote:

Who the fuck makes a metal sleeve for a metal peg? And soda can and duct tape? what the fuck?

i do. metal is sturdier than plastic and also slides good. the purpose of the metal sleeve is to prevent you from buying new pegs since you can just replace the sleeves, and still deliver the grind feeling of metal. op may want plastic, but i thought i'd share my idea. i'm actually getting this design patented. if you want plastic, just use a water bottle

|

8/16/2013 4:31 PM

The wizard sleeves hasn't come out yet, right?

I might get a pair for my 34mm peg.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

8/16/2013 4:32 PM

Topsey wrote:

L0Lages! What The Actual Fuck are you on about?! The O.P is talking about PLASTIC Pegs or PLASTIC Sleeves! Also as Tom mentioned who the fuck makes Metal Sleeves for Metal Pegs out of a fucking Soda Can & Duct Tape?! laughing

no, not pegs. peg SLEEVES out of soda can and duct tape. you can use a water bottle if you prefer plastic, and scotch tape also works, but not as well from my experience

|

8/16/2013 4:34 PM

Wow, just wow. Some people never cease to amaze me. laughing

|

8/16/2013 4:37 PM

Topsey wrote:

if you're saying i amaze you, then thanks! smile

|

8/16/2013 4:39 PM

Topsey wrote:

Exactly what I'm saying. The intelligence level in the world is going down quite fast.

|

8/16/2013 4:40 PM

Oh & i meant to say... Sorry to burst your bubble but Plastic Pegs with Metal Sleeves have been done in the past with a shit load better Materials than a fucking soda can!

|

8/16/2013 4:43 PM

Topsey wrote:

Oh & i meant to say... Sorry to burst your bubble but Plastic Pegs with Metal Sleeves have been done in the past with a shit load better Materials than a fucking soda can!

keep in mind, soda cans are only a buck and even come with free soda. peg sleeves are 10 bucks..with no soda

|

8/16/2013 4:44 PM

Topsey wrote:

I have a pair right now actually

|

8/16/2013 4:45 PM

Topsey wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

keep in mind, soda cans are only a buck and even come with free soda. peg sleeves are 10 bucks..with no soda

And pegs are designed for grinding. Not babying and looking pretty. I bet flatlanders abuse their pegs more than you do

|

8/16/2013 5:01 PM

tomdon wrote:

And pegs are designed for grinding. Not babying and looking pretty. I bet flatlanders abuse their pegs more than you do

absolutely, people need to stop caring so much about appearance and more towards functionality AND value. you're right about the flatlanders thing. i don't grind much, just occasionally for fun.

|

8/16/2013 5:06 PM

crazyclark wrote:

absolutely, people need to stop caring so much about appearance and more towards functionality AND value. you're right about the flatlanders thing. i don't grind much, just occasionally for fun.

Then surely you are not the best person to be designing a Peg for hardcore Peg abusers then??

|

8/16/2013 5:14 PM

Topsey wrote:

Then surely you are not the best person to be designing a Peg for hardcore Peg abusers then??

of course i'm not. the soda can peg sleeve is not designed for prolonged usage. it is meant to be replaced reguarly, or simply act as a temporary solution. it's not hard to buy a can of soda, drink its contents, and take 5 minutes to make another sleeve. besides, you can always double or triple the thickness by wrapping extra cans around the peg, thus extending the sleeve's life

|

8/16/2013 5:16 PM

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

Which is exactly why a metal sleeve for a metal peg is stupid.

|

8/16/2013 5:20 PM

tomdon wrote:

the soda can isn't the same metal as the peg itself. soda cans are made of aluminum, which slides better while being more durable than a plastic sleeve. besides, you can use a water bottle if you prefer plastic.
peg=grinds roughest, lasts longest
alum sleeve=grinds smoother, lasts longer than plastic
plastic sleeve=slides smoothest, lasts shortest

|

8/16/2013 5:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 5:26 PM

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

the soda can isn't the same metal as the peg itself. soda cans are made of aluminum, which slides better while being more durable than a plastic sleeve. besides, you can use a water bottle if you prefer plastic.

Wrong. Aluminum sucks. Aluminum slides the worst and is very soft so it doesn't last long at all. Every company already knows aluminum sucks for street which is why aluminum pegs say for park use only. If people want an aluminum peg they will buy one. An aluminum sleeve is a waste of money and unnecessary weight

|

8/16/2013 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 5:36 PM

tomdon wrote:

Wrong. Aluminum sucks. Aluminum slides the worst and is very soft so it doesn't last long at all. Every company already knows aluminum sucks for street which is why aluminum pegs say for park use only. If people want an aluminum peg they will buy one. An aluminum sleeve is a waste of money and unnecessary weight

tomdon, you are absolutely correct. i did some research and found out that aluminum is terrible for peg sleeves. thank you for enlightening me. it's wiser to invest in a good pair of peg sleeves

|

8/16/2013 5:29 PM

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon, you are absolutely correct. i did some research and found out that aluminum is terrible for peg sleeves. thank you for enlightening me. it's wiser to invest in a good pair of peg sleeves

You obviously don't get it. I'm done here

|

8/16/2013 5:36 PM

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

You obviously don't get it. I'm done here

what don't i get? i agree with you now....?

|

8/16/2013 6:07 PM

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

Now we're on the same page. I don't remember what You said before you edited but I don't care. I'm not trying to shut down your ideas. I'm always open to new ideas in bmx... when they make sense. You don't seem to want to create but rather improve. Maybe a chromoly front hub guard or 48s cranks with a hidden pinchbolt, or a freecoaster specific hub guard that extends 1/4" past the hub flange like all other guards do. Or make plastic sleeves from the same material they use to make pvc pipe. That shit lasts forever. Just shooting you some ideas.

|

8/16/2013 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 6:41 PM

I was pretty set on getting the Wizards until i saw the price. $13 for a plastic sleeve is kinda ridiculous if you ask me, i expected them to be around $6 like the cult butters or shadow slickers

|

8/16/2013 6:50 PM

crazyclark wrote:

tomdon wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

that last comment was goddamn gold, fucking hilarious

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)