Gsport ratchet or bsd street hub?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2013 7:27 AM

Hey,

I am undecided on which hub to get. I have heard great reviews on both the bsd street rear hub and the Gsport ratchet, but i have heard that the gsport is bad with a 9t driver? but others says its been fixed?

Thanks in advance for the help

|

7/4/2013 8:02 AM

I had a 9t ratchet and the driver shit out. Got the 10t and it was flawless. Run 28-10. It's not as bad as people think. I've never hit my 28t on a crook. Bsd hubs are solid too

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/4/2013 9:31 AM

i would get the ratchet

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/4/2013 9:34 AM

Both are solid and legit, I got the bsd and recommend them, never ridden a ratchet so I can't speak for them tho, but I hear lots of good things and a lot of pros use both so you can't go wrong with either.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/4/2013 9:59 AM

The Ratchet is pretty much the Strongest Hub on the market right now without a doubt! However I am going to recommend Shadow Rims & Hubs, They have REALLY stepped up their game when it comes to wheels, honestly if you haven't thought about a BTR Hub you really should!

Shadow Conspiracy Corvus 36h Rim
Shadow Conspiracy BTR 36h 9t RHD Rear Hub
D.T Swiss Champion Straight Gauge Spokes x 36
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Nipples x 36
Shadow Conspiracy BTR H.T CRMO Guard
Shadow Conspiracy BTR H.T CRMO DSG

Now i will explain why...

The Rim is Shadows newest option, it features a wider profile for better lacing & it also has a lower side wall height so you will be less likely to damage it if you case or hang up.
The Hub well! It has a 17mm CRMO Inner Axle, with 14mm Bolts something that not a lot of companies offer! Its a TRUE female system with press fit collars which means you can literally just swap out the collars for their guards.
I ALWAYS recommend D.T Swiss spokes & nipples, they are the best, highest quality spokes out there & you WILL notice a stiffer wheel build with these Spokes & Nipples!
The Hub Guards literally just slide on replacing the hub collars. They now offer the guards in heat treated CRMO not only will they slide better they will last a shit load longer too! PLUS there is a DSG option to protect your driver opening up a whole new world of grinds!

|

7/4/2013 11:33 AM

I've had both. The BSD has an oversized axle, and 14mm shoulders that fit in the dropouts, but only use 3/8's bolts. I liked the engagement of the BSD Backstreet hub, but only had it for a month before I sold the wheels on here.

The Ratchet is a great hub. It's strong, has great bearings, and you can run your chain as tight as you want. I have heard complaints about the driver skipping on here, but the ring has giant square teeth, it's going to be less smooth than a hub with smaller teeth. It's common sense.

As far as what Topsey said, that is good reason to look into the components he said. There are more quality hubs out there than just the Ratchet and BSD for sure.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/4/2013 12:10 PM

Bsd. I have the backstreet and I Love it.

I hate gaport hubs because they feel slow and I really don't like that lol.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

7/4/2013 3:23 PM

Photo

I've hated the ratchet so bad for the past 5 years that I want to try another one
|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/4/2013 4:03 PM

Topsey wrote:

The Ratchet is pretty much the Strongest Hub on the market right now without a doubt! However I am going to recommend Shadow Rims & Hubs, They have REALLY stepped up their game when it comes to wheels, honestly if you haven't thought about a BTR Hub you really should!

Shadow Conspiracy Corvus 36h Rim
Shadow Conspiracy BTR 36h 9t RHD Rear Hub
D.T Swiss Champion Straight Gauge Spokes x 36
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Nipples x 36
Shadow Conspiracy BTR H.T CRMO Guard
Shadow Conspiracy BTR H.T CRMO DSG

Now i will explain why...

The Rim is Shadows newest option, it features a wider profile for better lacing & it also has a lower side wall height so you will be less likely to damage it if you case or hang up.
The Hub well! It has a 17mm CRMO Inner Axle, with 14mm Bolts something that not a lot of companies offer! Its a TRUE female system with press fit collars which means you can literally just swap out the collars for their guards.
I ALWAYS recommend D.T Swiss spokes & nipples, they are the best, highest quality spokes out there & you WILL notice a stiffer wheel build with these Spokes & Nipples!
The Hub Guards literally just slide on replacing the hub collars. They now offer the guards in heat treated CRMO not only will they slide better they will last a shit load longer too! PLUS there is a DSG option to protect your driver opening up a whole new world of grinds!

Different sizes flanges killed it for me would have tried it over the anti gram, wait is it the same size center axle holy cow maybe the guards will fit the antigram

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life