Guard sprockets

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2018 8:19 AM

What are your guys opinions on the federal bbs guard sprocket? Is it gling to last? I plan on doing a lot of grinding on my driver side so thats why i need it. Also for sprocket stalls. Anyone have it?

|

8/29/2018 8:23 AM

Sunday Knox is probably one of the better ones... it has 5 rotating points....

i have the Fit KeyGuard and its pretty beefy...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/29/2018 8:29 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

i have the Fit KeyGuard and its pretty ...more

Yeah id love to get something else(especially a begin sig pentaguard) but its kinda out of my price range sad

|

8/29/2018 8:34 AM

Eclat AK

|

8/29/2018 8:46 AM

subrosa magnum

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

8/29/2018 8:56 AM

I'll be picking up BSD's sprocket when I switch to a guarded one.

|

8/29/2018 8:57 AM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote:

subrosa magnum

Was looking for maybe cheaper options since 70+$ for a sprocket is a bit much for me i think

|

8/29/2018 8:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 9:00 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

toosoberforthis wrote:

Yeah id love to get something else(especially a begin sig pentaguard) but its kinda out of my price range sad

Isn't the Sunday Knox the same price as the Federal BBS? They are both $50 on Empire.

|

8/29/2018 8:59 AM

I think Shadow has a $30 one. Same with Daily Grind.

|

8/29/2018 9:02 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

toosoberforthis wrote:

93EXCivic wrote:

Isn't the Sunday Knox the same price as the Federal BBS? They are both $50 on Empire.

Ive never ordered anything from empire, do they ship to europe?

|

8/29/2018 9:05 AM

I didn't notice you were in Europe. I have no idea on that. It will probably be too expensive to be worth in it that case.

|

8/29/2018 9:06 AM

93EXCivic wrote:

I didn't notice you were in Europe. I have no idea on that. It will probably be too expensive to be worth in it that case.

Yeah i only order from source since its the only one thats in europe that i know

|

8/29/2018 9:11 AM

Source is your best bet. Slovenia has Evolution BMX, but they don't seem to have much.

|

8/29/2018 9:18 AM

toosoberforthis wrote:

Yeah i only order from source since its the only one thats in europe that i know

??

https://www.kunstform.org/en/

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/29/2018 9:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 10:47 AM

The bbs, and many others, are made from 6061. They wear down and bend pretty easily (for how chunky they are) I also know people who have ovalised the centre bore from bashing 6061 sprockets. Look for a 7075-t6 sprocket and it will massively outlast it. Probably more money, but money well spent.
Guarded sprockets also don't offer the protection you'd expect as they only just stick out past the chain. I tried one and snapped my chain trying a sprocket chink. Currently designing my own after loads of people asking for em smile I'll probably make the guard a touch larger than others, and it'll be 7075-t6. Probably won't be ready until the end of the year though as I'm concentrating on the stem first

|

8/29/2018 9:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The bbs, and many others, are made from 6061. They wear down and bend pretty easily (for how chunky they are) I also know ...more

I'll get one of those sprockets when they're done thengrin

|

8/29/2018 9:49 AM

jbales wrote:

Source is your best bet. Slovenia has Evolution BMX, but they don't seem to have much.

Yeah ive looked at evolution but they really do have mostly the basic, bigger parts, but im looking for a guard sprocket and a dsg guard

|

8/29/2018 9:50 AM

93EXCivic wrote:

toosoberforthis wrote:

Ive looked at them before but most of their stuff is higher price then source or equal. A fit key guard is 95euro on kunstform and 68 on source sooo

|

8/29/2018 9:53 AM

toosoberforthis wrote:

Ive looked at them before but most of their stuff is higher price then source or equal. A fit key guard is 95euro on kunstform ...more

Ahh damn, that's annoying. Sorry man.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/29/2018 10:20 AM

toosoberforthis wrote:

Ive looked at them before but most of their stuff is higher price then source or equal. A fit key guard is 95euro on kunstform ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Ahh damn, that's annoying. Sorry man.

Yeah guess im just not gonna buy jack shit untill i can afford the guard lmao

|