Guess I need a gyro...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2013 9:27 AM

Ok, so I went brakeless for a bit now, and had a couple close calls, so I'm thinking of running a gyro. I just think it looks cleaner, and better safe than sorry. I've tried researching, but I wanted to double check if there is anything I'm missing before I place an order. Here's what I know I'm getting:

BTW, this is for a 2012 wtp zodiac:

M2 Lever
Snafu Mobeus
London Mod

Here's a couple questions:

1. What cables you guys recommend?
2. Where can I get a top plate and gyro tabs that will fit my bike? (didn't see any at dans or albes...)
3. Do you recommend V-brake noodles? (Read somewhere that I should use them...)
4. Will I need anything else to make the dual cables/london mod work with my stock (salt+) brakes?

|

8/7/2013 9:45 AM

1. M2 upper and dual snafu lower
2. dans has the plate for fit/s&m stems...you can alway file it to fit your stem. as for tabs... most are universal
3. the snafus feel great without them if you cut them to proper length
4. the snafu cables come with everythin including the london mod

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/7/2013 9:51 AM

Right........

Odyssey M2 Lever - Pick What Size You Want, Small, Medium, Trigger
Odyssey M2 Cables - Comes With The Lever
Odyssey GTX-S Gyro
V-Brake Noodles - Allows A Better Bend In The Cables For Seat Stay Brake Mounts
Odyssey Slic Cable x 2 - Duel Lowers Are The Best.. Plus It Matches The Duel Uppers On The M2 Lever!
Odyssey London Mod
Odyssey Evo2 U-Brake
Odyssey Ghost Pads Clear - Better Braking Power & There Will Be Less Harsh Brake Wear On Black Rims

I know its all Odyssey & i know its not going to be cheap, but if you are legit going to run a gyro set up & stay with it, why buy crap? Go all out! & with a set up like that you'll be able to take the majority of it on to a new bike when you upgrade parts!

|

8/7/2013 10:05 AM

Topsey wrote:

Right........

Odyssey M2 Lever - Pick What Size You Want, Small, Medium, Trigger
Odyssey M2 Cables - Comes With The Lever
Odyssey GTX-S Gyro
V-Brake Noodles - Allows A Better Bend In The Cables For Seat Stay Brake Mounts
Odyssey Slic Cable x 2 - Duel Lowers Are The Best.. Plus It Matches The Duel Uppers On The M2 Lever!
Odyssey London Mod
Odyssey Evo2 U-Brake
Odyssey Ghost Pads Clear - Better Braking Power & There Will Be Less Harsh Brake Wear On Black Rims

I know its all Odyssey & i know its not going to be cheap, but if you are legit going to run a gyro set up & stay with it, why buy crap? Go all out! & with a set up like that you'll be able to take the majority of it on to a new bike when you upgrade parts!

this is just the all odyssey version of what i said. the snafus are linear so no need for noodles. and it seems like he may be on a budget. but the gtx s IS MUCH BETTER than the mobeus. that i know first hand. i have ridden all the gyros pretty much and its worth the extra $

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/7/2013 10:16 AM

Topsey wrote:

Right........

Odyssey M2 Lever - Pick What Size You Want, Small, Medium, Trigger
Odyssey M2 Cables - Comes With The Lever
Odyssey GTX-S Gyro
V-Brake Noodles - Allows A Better Bend In The Cables For Seat Stay Brake Mounts
Odyssey Slic Cable x 2 - Duel Lowers Are The Best.. Plus It Matches The Duel Uppers On The M2 Lever!
Odyssey London Mod
Odyssey Evo2 U-Brake
Odyssey Ghost Pads Clear - Better Braking Power & There Will Be Less Harsh Brake Wear On Black Rims

I know its all Odyssey & i know its not going to be cheap, but if you are legit going to run a gyro set up & stay with it, why buy crap? Go all out! & with a set up like that you'll be able to take the majority of it on to a new bike when you upgrade parts!

SnM An1mal wrote:

this is just the all odyssey version of what i said. the snafus are linear so no need for noodles. and it seems like he may be on a budget. but the gtx s IS MUCH BETTER than the mobeus. that i know first hand. i have ridden all the gyros pretty much and its worth the extra $

That's good to hear. I was originally looking at the odyssey gyro, but so many people on here recommend the snafu, I just assumed it was the way to go.

I don't mind spending extra on great parts! Besides, the odyssey break parts will match my seat, pedals and grips. Maybe I should swap out the u brake at the same time, and save the eclat/salt+ original parts in case I sell the bike. I guess with the top plate I just order it and hope it fits. One other thing I'm unsure of, is do I need special cable hangars?

I can't help but be anal about some of this stuff... I've had it where too many times I get 99% of what I need, only to have to wait on installing something because of a 2 dollar part that I didn't think about....

BTW, thanks guys

|

8/7/2013 11:48 AM

Might wanna get some extra v brake noodles or save some of the cable housing if you cut it because when i had a gyro after the cable wore in a little the london mod cable started to rub against the seat tube when you pull it which isn't a big deal but if your like me you freak out if its not perfect lol.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/7/2013 11:56 AM

dont get ghost pads. they fucking suck

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/7/2013 2:47 PM

Topsey wrote:

Right........

Odyssey M2 Lever - Pick What Size You Want, Small, Medium, Trigger
Odyssey M2 Cables - Comes With The Lever
Odyssey GTX-S Gyro
V-Brake Noodles - Allows A Better Bend In The Cables For Seat Stay Brake Mounts
Odyssey Slic Cable x 2 - Duel Lowers Are The Best.. Plus It Matches The Duel Uppers On The M2 Lever!
Odyssey London Mod
Odyssey Evo2 U-Brake
Odyssey Ghost Pads Clear - Better Braking Power & There Will Be Less Harsh Brake Wear On Black Rims

I know its all Odyssey & i know its not going to be cheap, but if you are legit going to run a gyro set up & stay with it, why buy crap? Go all out! & with a set up like that you'll be able to take the majority of it on to a new bike when you upgrade parts!

This

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

8/7/2013 3:20 PM

so that i dont have to start a new thread how do you set up dual lowers... im pretty sure i understand it but dont wanna buy dual lowers and not have it exact....also does anybody know where i could get the m2 lever as a lefty? i only ever see it for the right but i hate having it on the right....

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/7/2013 4:01 PM

I've got an sst rotor set up now I wanna set up the dual cable London mod set up on it when my cables snap

|

8/7/2013 5:50 PM

You shouldn't need a cable hangar if you're running dual lowers.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/7/2013 6:23 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

so that i dont have to start a new thread how do you set up dual lowers... im pretty sure i understand it but dont wanna buy dual lowers and not have it exact....also does anybody know where i could get the m2 lever as a lefty? i only ever see it for the right but i hate having it on the right....

I think you could just flip it over and run it on the left

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/7/2013 6:27 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

so that i dont have to start a new thread how do you set up dual lowers... im pretty sure i understand it but dont wanna buy dual lowers and not have it exact....also does anybody know where i could get the m2 lever as a lefty? i only ever see it for the right but i hate having it on the right....

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I think you could just flip it over and run it on the left

nah that doesnt work... well atleast not for most... and i dont wanna buy it expecting to just flip it and it doesnt flip...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/7/2013 6:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 6:38 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

so that i dont have to start a new thread how do you set up dual lowers... im pretty sure i understand it but dont wanna buy dual lowers and not have it exact....also does anybody know where i could get the m2 lever as a lefty? i only ever see it for the right but i hate having it on the right....

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I think you could just flip it over and run it on the left

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

nah that doesnt work... well atleast not for most... and i dont wanna buy it expecting to just flip it and it doesnt flip...

I'm pretty sure it would work it says it on odysseys website that the lever will work flipped that's why they only make a right version and i have a monolever which is the same thing pretty much and i could flip it to work on the left.
Edit: i just went outside and tried it and it would work fine.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/7/2013 7:23 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it would work it says it on odysseys website that the lever will work flipped that's why they only make a right version and i have a monolever which is the same thing pretty much and i could flip it to work on the left.
Edit: i just went outside and tried it and it would work fine.

oh cool i didnt realize that... and i actually was watching kyle baldocks bike check and that was what he had done.. thanks man! im excited now! ive been trying to find one forever!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/7/2013 7:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 7:29 PM

Don't forget gyro tabs for the frame. S&M ones will probably fit.

Personally I run an odyssey monoloever with a SNAFU dual upper cable, SNAFU gyro plate (it takes the place of a regular headset spacer so it should work with any stem), mobeus detangler, S&M removable tabs an odyssey gyro lower cable and evo 2 brakes. My brake setup works well and the odyssey gyro lower cable is very nice imo (its better than the SST ones and setting it up is very simple). Also Dans has all this stuff. I know this because I recently converted my Sunday to run a gyro.

I don't run v-brake noodles but I have read that some people prefer them. Personally I don't see the need as long as you dial in your brake setup correctly.

Before you buy the SNAFU upper cable make sure that it will be compatible with the brake lever you are planning to run. For example, it doesn't fit correctly with the odyssey monolever so I had to mod mine to fit right.

Here is a pic of my setup: [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/7/2013 7:30 PM

I rock (when i run my gyro setup) an M2 lever, dual upper M2 cables, the ORIGINAL GTX gyro, Dual lowers from derailleur housing with derailleur cables, and a special way that I cross the lower cables around the seat post for a better pull and modulation on the brakes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/7/2013 7:38 PM

tomdon wrote:

dont get ghost pads. they fucking suck

This

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/7/2013 7:52 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

nah that doesnt work... well atleast not for most... and i dont wanna buy it expecting to just flip it and it doesnt flip...

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it would work it says it on odysseys website that the lever will work flipped that's why they only make a right version and i have a monolever which is the same thing pretty much and i could flip it to work on the left.
Edit: i just went outside and tried it and it would work fine.

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

oh cool i didnt realize that... and i actually was watching kyle baldocks bike check and that was what he had done.. thanks man! im excited now! ive been trying to find one forever!

No problem bro just make sure the cable will work with the rise on your bars cuz i used to have a m2 setup and the cable was a little too long but the cable housing was like just barley long enough and i have 8.5 Primo bars with a fit bf tl stem.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit