Guess I need dedicated bmx shoes...

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2016 12:06 PM

So I was into parkour for awhile and get hooked on feiyue shoes. Unfortunately they don't cut it at all for bmx. The soles get ate up fast. I'm trying to find something that are like the feiyues but with a durable sole. Basically a light shoe with a flat sole that has a wide toe-box. Any suggestions?

|

9/11/2016 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2016 12:17 PM

Definitely Vans.. best BMX shoes smile

|

Land it or go home

9/11/2016 2:46 PM

Jackie wrote:

Definitely Vans.. best BMX shoes smile

I second this. Get VANS, I have the Skate-Hi Pros and I love them.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

9/11/2016 3:27 PM

VANS! Can't go wrong with a waffle to grip your pedals beneath your feet!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/11/2016 3:57 PM

nikes, supras, dc's have all lasted me about a year, all the vans I have bought die within months

|

wallride a bus everyday

9/11/2016 5:01 PM

My last pair of etnies lasted about 2 years before they were too tore up to ride in. Now i wear them just when im not riding. They're super comfy.

|

Smoke Drink Die

9/11/2016 6:26 PM

My nike sb soles have made it 2 years and look new. Although nothing beats the grip of some vans, the soles seem to wear quickly. Mine are almost 3 months old and the right foot is almost smooth.

|

9/11/2016 8:23 PM

nike sb or old 6.0s 6.0's you can get for dirt cheap

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/11/2016 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2016 9:01 PM

You missed out on the days of orchid , they had good shoes , I'd say go lotek

|

9/11/2016 9:18 PM

Go Lotek. Everyone I know who rides in Vans hates them because they fall apart too easily or the bottoms are too thin

|

9/12/2016 3:17 AM

eskimojay wrote:

You missed out on the days of orchid , they had good shoes , I'd say go lotek

Orchid were the best! I'd like to try some scg but can't get them this side of the pond.
My etnies Jamieson vulc seem to be lasting well, they're only a few months old but still look and feel new

|

9/12/2016 9:04 AM

Vans only if you have brakes... The soft soles give great grip but are not meant to be ground along the road or your rear wheel.

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

9/12/2016 10:42 AM

I use Nike 6.0 P. Rod shoes and they get the job done, I was using Adidas Campus mids before those and they were pretty good as well. I highly recommend either one.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/12/2016 10:49 AM

Vans are popular, but if you have wider feet they SUCK.

I have always had good luck with Etnies and Adios (they are gone now).

Etnies Brake shoe sucks though. The sole is durable BUT the heel cup is too shallow, and allows for heel movement regardless of how tight they are, which wears out the back of the heel cup and ruins them super fast.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2016 5:17 PM

Get nikes or you can gey vans if you like wearing out soles in a month

|

9/12/2016 10:26 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It sounds like loteks might be what I'm after. Maybe I'll try the Hoder or Reeves shoe.

Also I read a comment about heel movement. Try tying your shoes like this, it always helped me out with that problem.
Photo

|

9/13/2016 9:41 AM

Adidas Busenitz are the best shoes I have ever ran

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher